• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggage Assistance at MCO/5:30 am

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
I am traveling alone with my son and cannot send my bags through RAC. Just learned this- my flight is scheduled for 7:55, so I just miss their required three hour window as they open at 5:00. I have a lot of medical equipment with me for him plus our regular bags and I not sure how I will manage this....
I have a rental car to drop off first and then will need help to get our bags to check in.
Will there be assistance available?

RAC won't work for you. Best move is to drive your rental car to the airport and do curbside check in there before you return the rental car.

I'd recommend calling DME and moving your pick up time 30-60 mins earlier. That way you won't be rushed at the airport. Upon arrival to the airport you can call the airline to request a skycap for assistance with your luggage. . They get paid by tips so they will very rarely wait around for you to arrive, so usually you cannot make advance arrangements.

Thanks for your responses.

How can I do curbside check in if I am traveling alone with a young child? They will let me park at the curbside? I'm thinking not likely??

Also, I don't have a DME town to change because I have a rental car.

Call who/what number for a skycap? I will be in the rental car lot.

How can I do curbside check in if I am traveling alone with a young child? They will let me park at the curbside? I'm thinking not likely??
There are skycaps at the curb. Wave one of them down (although they will probably come over anyway) and they will take your luggage, look at your ID and print your boarding passes. Then you drive around to the car rental return.

I didn't know that the sky caps were the same people who checked you in and issued boarding passes??

I'm apprehensive about all of this as I expected to be sending these bags through RAC....managing my son's medical needs is very difficult when traveling and going through security, so please excuse my confirming that
there will be skycaps at the airport to check me in and issue boarding passes? I should drive my rental car to what section of the airport? Departures I assume? And will find skycap assistance there at 5:30 am?? Has anyone been there/done that at this early hour?

Last edited:
so please excuse my confirming that
there will be skycaps at the airport to check me in and issue boarding passes? I should drive my rental car to what section of the airport? Departures I assume? And will find skycap assistance there at 5:30 am?? Has anyone been there/done that at this early hour?
I live in Orlando and have been to the airport that early many a time. Yes, there will be people there to do curbside checkin and issue you boarding passes. Yes, you should drive to the Departures level to drop your bags - be sure you are on the right side (A or B) of the airport for your airline by watching the signs as you drive in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter