Luggage Arriving Night Before Cruise

Sox1N04

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what happens if you put your cruise luggage tags on prior to flying the day before your cruise? If you kept everything you needed in your carryon and were flying in the prior day, could you put the tags on before checking them at your home airport? Would the next you see them be in your stateroom on the cruise?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure that would not work. If you booked your pre-night and transfers through DCL, they'll pick your luggage up at the pre-night hotel and take them to the ship for you the morning of the cruise. But I'm pretty sure they only pick up your luggage at the airport if you arrive day of the cruise.

Sayhello

Does anyone know what happens if you put your cruise luggage tags on prior to flying the day before your cruise? If you kept everything you needed in your carryon and were flying in the prior day, could you put the tags on before checking them at your home airport? Would the next you see them be in your stateroom on the cruise?
Thanks

If you are arriving the day prior to the cruise, you do not put your tags on before your flight. There will be no one at the airport from DCL looking for bags on that day. And they might go missing if they aren't picked up from luggage claim.

You must claim your bags on the day you arrive, and take them with you to the hotel. Then bring them with you to the DCL transfer checkin desk the day of the cruise.

UNLESS you're staying at the Hyatt MCO.

If you are arriving the day prior to the cruise, you do not put your tags on before your flight. There will be no one at the airport from DCL looking for bags on that day. And they might go missing if they aren't picked up from luggage claim.

You must claim your bags on the day you arrive, and take them with you to the hotel. Then bring them with you to the DCL transfer checkin desk the day of the cruise.

UNLESS you're staying at the Hyatt MCO.
I wonder, if there was a cruise leaving the day before yours, might your luggage end up on the wrong ship?

Sayhello

I was thinking the same thing!! Especially if you were coming in a day ahead of a Dream 4-day cruise. The Fantasy leaves on a Saturday and the 4-day Dream leaves on a Sunday. Somehow your luggage might just accidently take a trip on the Fantasy while you are on the Dream!!!

As noted above, they are not set up to receive your luggage at the airport any sooner than your departure day (unless mentioned like above which you definitely don't want to happen). Chances are quite likely that you might never see that luggage again!!

Thanks everyone. I am on the 4-day Dream leaving this Sunday and yes, I am staying at the MCO Hyatt.

Thanks everyone. I am on the 4-day Dream leaving this Sunday and yes, I am staying at the MCO Hyatt.

As noted, you will need to collect your own bags if you fly in the day before.

At the MCO Hyatt, however, you can arrange to leave your bags in your room and they will be taken from there to the ship for you. The next time you see them will be when they get delivered to your cabin on the ship. Ask at the Hyatt desk when you check in and they will provide the information you need.

Contact the Hyatt...they have a service where they will claim your luggage and bring it to the hotel for you. I believe it is $10.00 but check with the hotel directly for arrangement. Do not put the DCL tags on until the morning of the cruise and your bags will be picked up from your hotel room. Staying at the Hyatt is VERY convenient!!

MJ

Thanks MJ! I have gotten so much good info from reading your many posts and this one about the Hyatt picking up my luggage for me is very timely! We are staying at the Hyatt this Friday night before we sail on Saturday. We were not looking forward to lugging all of our luggage :) I did call the Hyatt and they confirmed the $10 fee. Totally worth it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter