Luggage anyone?

One of the best pieces of luggage I have ever bought I got from Big Lots.

I was also going to mention Big Lots. I have seen Heys full size (approx 26" to 30" I didn't take note of it.) They were mixed in with other off brands of hard sided luggage. Maybe less popular patterns, but were only $40.

I have had expensive luggage and inexpensive luggage. If I needed to buy a new piece I would go with the cheaper luggage. It all gets damaged if you travel by air these days. I think the luggage guys take out their frustrations on the luggage. They broke off the wheel of one of my hard cases a couple of months ago. It was such cute luggage too.

don't know how much I agree with that. I'd have to say it depends on how much air travel op will be doing.

I fly quite a bit and I can't tell you how many times I've seen cheaply made luggage torn, zippers popped, handles broken etc etc. Your right luggage guys don't care

there is a luggage line called Briggs& riley. pretty expensive but comes with a life time guarantee FOR ANY THING. But I'm traveling a lot lately especially by plane. planning a 2014 african safari for me and kids so I need some thing that will hold up. My dh flew down to Texas and for some reason airline left the luggage on the tarmac in a hail storm, his was one of the few that come out intact. He uses american tourister hardside (which also has a warranty).

generally if I was still driving for most of my vacations I would probably go cheap but now since we've moved on from Disney and doing a lot of cross country and European flights, I want some thing that holds up a bit better.

I bought a 7 piece American Tourister set at Sears.com and paid only 97 dollars. Really nice set. It was on clearance for 119 and I found a promo code on retailmenot for 20 off 100 and I had a few dollars earned with my Shop Your Way Rewards card.

Thanks everyone. I did go to TJ's yesterday but thought that $99 was very expensive. I havne't bought luggage in years so I was surprised that it was that much. I will continue to look. I hope I get the 70% off at Target price!!!! I'll continue shopping hoping to find a great price because I need several unless we can borrow from family.

Try Boscov's.com I bought inexpensive luggage from them, they often have free shipping. They had sets and single pieces. Check the weight as limits at airlines have changed. You may want a 26". Instead of 28" now.

The other place I found a great buy for 28" was the thrift shop. It was a neat looking upholstery type print for $20 and like new. Lasted from 1999 until last Sept.

I had my son pick up American Tourister luggage sets at Menards for me a few weeks ago. They were having some sort of 'big sale'. My son said they only had 2 left (on a sunday of the start day of the big sale :confused3), so he got those. They were a set of 2 piece, a carry on (small) and a tote. They were $14.99 and I think it's a great deal. Wish they would have had more. I bought them as gifts ....but we are traveling next month and I realized 3 of us all need carry ons (to avoid the baggage fee).

Thanks everybody. I ended up buying a set at Kmart. It was on sale - a four piece set for $59.99. It's not the best quality so hopefully it will hold up. We will only be using it probably once a year -two at the most. i appreciate everyone helping.

IMO don't buy cheap luggage. You are better off spending a little more on quality luggage that includes a nice lengthy warranty. We bought cheap luggage for years and found that we wound up spending so much more in the long run by having to replace them quite often. Now that we spent more money on our luggage 4 years ago, we haven't had to replace them yet.

Overstock.com has decent prices.

Be careful buying cheap luggage. Better to spend a little more on luggage that won't fall apart getting tossed around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter