luggage and Magic Express

marinejjh

DIS Veteran
We are flying and staying at the All Star Movies resort. We are using the Magic Express, will our luggage make it to our room or will it sit in a holding area all day?

We are flying and staying at the All Star Movies resort. We are using the Magic Express, will our luggage make it to our room or will it sit in a holding area all day?

Usually luggage is delivered to your room within a few hours. If you arrive early in the morning and your room isn't ready until 3pm luggage may sit in a holding area for some time and will be delivered after your room is ready. Bring a bag with whatever you want to have available, medicines, swim suit, etc.

We got to the resort around noon. We checked in, dropped our carry-on stuff in the room, and headed to MK. When we got back around 8PM, our luggage (as well as internet-ordered groceries) were waiting on us!

The value resorts seem to have the longest wait times for luggage delivery to rooms. I would pack anything needed to start my vacation....change of clothes, swimsuit, etc., in a carryon bag. Then, you can change and head to a park upon arrival. No need to wait around for your bags to arrive. Did that just one time, at Pop, and we waited for close to 5 hrs. I wasn't happy with my adult dd for not properly packing her carryon bag, even though I told her how.

We normally arrive at ASMo mid-morning and head to the parks. Our luggage is always there when we get back. One time it was extra quick....we took our carryon stuff to the room (it seems like our room is almost always ready when we get there), got some lunch, walked around a bit, then went back to the room and the luggage was already there.

However, be warned it takes,longer at night. This last trip we landed about 6:30, got to ASMo about 8:00, and luggage didn't show up until about 11:30.

However, be warned it takes,longer at night. This last trip we landed about 6:30, got to ASMo about 8:00, and luggage didn't show up until about 11:30.

Disney aims to get your luggage to your room within 3-4 hours of your checking in at the resort. So that time frame is dead on!:)

You don't have to be in your room for your ME checked bags to be brought up. Go out and enjoy your day! Just be sure you pack what you need for the first few hours in your carry-on bags.

Your luggage will be delivered to you room. The average time it takes to magically appear is between 3 and 4 hours after you arrive at MCO. Be sure to pack anything that you may need beforehand in your carry ons to be safe.

Your luggage will be delivered to you room. The average time it takes to magically appear is between 3 and 4 hours after you arrive at MCO. Be sure to pack anything that you may need beforehand in your carry ons to be safe.

Just wanted to jump in with another question. Our plane lands at 7:30 pm, we are taking the ME to POP and staying there that night and then the next morning we are going over to the CR and staying there for 8 nights. We have an 8:20 am ADR at Chef Mickeys, so we will be checking out of POP really early. Would bell services just hold on to our luggage overnight? We wouldn't get it until late anyway so we would just pack our toothbrushes and change of clothes in our carry on.

Actually, arrival at MCO has nothing to do with it. Your luggage automagically appears in your room up to three hours after you check in at your resort (assuming your room is ready).

Just wanted to jump in with another question. Our plane lands at 7:30 pm, we are taking the ME to POP and staying there that night and then the next morning we are going over to the CR and staying there for 8 nights. We have an 8:20 am ADR at Chef Mickeys, so we will be checking out of POP really early. Would bell services just hold on to our luggage overnight? We wouldn't get it until late anyway so we would just pack our toothbrushes and change of clothes in our carry on.
Will they? Sure. But you may not get your bags until late afternoon/early evening. If it were me??? Since you're heading there anyway, I would get a cab and take my bags with me, and leave them with Bell Services. I would get checked in and then go have breakfast.

So, if your flight arrives, ontime, at 7:30pm, you can figure on being at Pop by 9ish. Your bags 'should' be at the resort by 11:30/midnight. I would ask them to hold them until the next morning. Then, get up early, go to Luggage Assistence and get the bags. Have a cab called by 7:45. Then, head to the CR, get checked in and have breakfast.

goofy4tink said:
Will they? Sure. But you may not get your bags until late afternoon/early evening. If it were me??? Since you're heading there anyway, I would get a cab and take my bags with me, and leave them with Bell Services. I would get checked in and then go have breakfast.

So, if your flight arrives, ontime, at 7:30pm, you can figure on being at Pop by 9ish. Your bags 'should' be at the resort by 11:30/midnight. I would ask them to hold them until the next morning. Then, get up early, go to Luggage Assistence and get the bags. Have a cab called by 7:45. Then, head to the CR, get checked in and have breakfast.

I'm totally switch you here! Might cost a few extra $$$ but you have to go to the next resort anyway so why not take the cab and have the piece of mind that your luggage is at the resort when you need it.

After much deliberation I have decided to do just that is June. We have a 1 night stay at AoA before checking into AKV for 7 nights so I plan to hang out AoA until about 1p or so then take a cab over to AkV. Check in there, store my luggage with bell services if our room isn't ready and head to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter