Luggage Advice

My advice is not to spend a lot on it. I may be in the minority, but almost every cruise we've taken has had a suitcase damaged while in possession of DCL. One cruise I had bought my daughter this expensive, "pretty," tween luggage and she was heartbroken when they broke it.

My advice is not to spend a lot on it. I may be in the minority, but almost every cruise we've taken has had a suitcase damaged while in possession of DCL. One cruise I had bought my daughter this expensive, "pretty," tween luggage and she was heartbroken when they broke it.

This is why we love LLbean for our luggage. Very durable and lifetime warranty. We have used them for WDW and DCL multiple times and they are in great shape!

I agree that I wouldn't spend the money on expensive luggage. LLbean is having a sale on discontinued patterns right now.

Oh! So these packing cubes are not the actual suitcase, they are more of an organization item for your suitcase! They really save that much room in the suitcase??
You can also partition outfits into ziplocs and squeeze the air out.

Back to the luggage issue. From my last trip, I am now sold on spinners, especially if there is anyone in your party who would not be able to pull rolling luggage with two wheels over a distance of a few hundred feet. We unexpectedly had to take our luggage three blocks in the older area of Barcelona, from tour agency's drop off point to our hotel, and would not have been able to do so without our new spinner luggage. Going to get some spinner carry on bags soon!

I would get hard case spinner luggage. I travel a lot for work. It's so easy you barely need any force to push it along. Pulse if it's bad weather in and out the airport your things won't get wet. My mom actually had to push my luggage around while I pulled hers because it was easier on her back. And also with the spinners airport personal like them because they don't have to be thrown thy can push it on the plane etc. and if u have breakables it gives it more protection.

I agree with the LL Bean rolling duffle bags. They are perfect to pack and fit easily under the bed after unpacking. My 8 year old daughter can handle the extra large size even when really heavy.

I would get hard case spinner luggage. I travel a lot for work. It's so easy you barely need any force to push it along. Pulse if it's bad weather in and out the airport your things won't get wet. My mom actually had to push my luggage around while I pulled hers because it was easier on her back. And also with the spinners airport personal like them because they don't have to be thrown thy can push it on the plane etc. and if u have breakables it gives it more protection.

These are absolutely the best.

You bring up some good points here. Thankfully, we don't ever have to lug it around much, even if the rolling duffles are easy, it would be taxing for a long distance. And the weather issue as well. The only thing that held me back from hard luggage, was the weight and the limitations with packing space. My duffles can take a LOT!

My hard case luggage is very light. I think my 28in is 12lb. Which is just over what any large piece of luggage would weigh. And I think my 24in is less than 10lb. And I'm definitely an over packer. I only had one issue coming back from my wedding/honeymoon which consisted of 4 days at home then 7 in Disney and 4 for a cruise. I had to take my coat out of my bag.

Oh! So these packing cubes are not the actual suitcase, they are more of an organization item for your suitcase! They really save that much room in the suitcase??

I use Dot&Dot packing cubes. They really save space because you can put in several clothes in one cube while minimizing wrinkles. I also put clothes in according to what I would wear per day. This brand has two sides so I put the clean ones on one side and the soiled ones on the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter