• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggae Tag Suggestion

martyshoney

princess in training mom
I have been a member here for several years now and have never been able to post in here but I thought of something to share that I have never seen on here before!
When I was filling out my luggage tags we received from Disney I did this: I just wrote our last name and the city, state we live in. I put my DH's cell number and then email address. I wrote on the back "See Reverse Side for Info" and put it in backwards on the tag. I don't know about you but I don't like my personal info being displayed to so many people like that, it would be way too easy for the "wrong" person to find me or a family member. I also don't like the idea of my cell number being on there, I figured it was "safer" to put my DHs! This was the most comfortable way I could think of for our tags!

martyshoney said:
I have been a member here for several years now and have never been able to post in here but I thought of something to share that I have never seen on here before!
When I was filling out my luggage tags we received from Disney I did this: I just wrote our last name and the city, state we live in. I put my DH's cell number and then email address. I wrote on the back "See Reverse Side for Info" and put it in backwards on the tag. I don't know about you but I don't like my personal info being displayed to so many people like that, it would be way too easy for the "wrong" person to find me or a family member. I also don't like the idea of my cell number being on there, I figured it was "safer" to put my DHs! This was the most comfortable way I could think of for our tags!

That's how I do it. Or, last time, I stamped pretty initial stamps on out tags like a monogram (stamping and pretty is my thing, lol). I think address is just a way of advertising (look! Find this house! It's empty this week!).

Besides, who really needs it? It's not like the airline misplaces your luggage, finds it, then *just* sends it too you! Lol. By the time you've filled out all their papers, they know your address, lol. Ok, I'm bing a bit silly/dramatic. ;)

This sort of along the same lines... but I put luggage tags on EVERYTHING we bring on the plane, even if I dont intend to ever let it out of my hands. Glad too, because last April, we missed our connection and got stuck on a VERY full flight that was about to take off. They had to take ALL my carry-ons and place them under the plane. Then they were supposed to give them back at the gate....well...they didn't... they decided to just put them on our next (3rd) flight into Orlando. I was freaking out! I put ALL my toddlers stuff in a carry on to AVOID it getting lost! By the time we finally arrived in Orlando...my carry on was no where to be found. SO I go into the luggage dept. area and there it is!! Sitting there by itself! I see a Disney Magical Express luggage guy and ask him if its okay to grab it since its mine! This sweet guy... he noticed a mickey luggage tag (not one of Disneys) and saw that no one had claimed it yet and went to the computers to start doing research based on the name on the luggage tag. He has just figured out our resort and was getting ready to have it taken over there for us! I hugged the guy and told him thank you soooo many times!

SOOO - the moral of my story is that you could be doing yourself a huge diservice by NOT putting enough info on your luggage tags!

I also take a piece of duct tape and put in inside my luggage on the lid and write my name, city, state and phone number just in case.

I never put all my info on the outside tag just first initial and last name, city, state and cell phone number.

As someone who works for an airline, just thought I'd add my perspective. Please put at least a name and a phone number on any baggage you travel with. Adding an email address is also helpful if your cell phone runs out of power because your power cord is in the bag I have. Because handles do break, I'd advise also putting the info IN the bag as well. This helps us get your bags back to you faster! I don't mind the "see reverse" option from a pp, but please don't do that with those name tags that you have to completely remove to open. If your bag is in my city and needs to go to another city, then it could delay your bag even longer. Those of us not in major cities don't just check in, or do baggage, or load/unload planes, we do it all, and we have to do it on time.

And yes, name tags on carryon bags is important too. Folks who travel get distracted, tired, don't hear announcements, all kinds of things. It's a lot easier to reconnect you with a bag you've left ( in the plane, washroom, at security, etc) if your name is on the bag. Thanks!

This might sound silly, but it never even crossed my mind to also put my information inside the luggage. Thanks for the tip!!

I do something similar. I usually just put our last name, hubby's phone number, and his email. We label everything as we bring a c-pap, an auto-pap, and a nebulizer as well. We use tags from past trips for those and our backpacks.

I ESPECIALLY don't want people to know my children's names, so we don't put their names on ANYTHING!!! I don't even put it on their dog tags we get them for if they get lost. We just put our last name and phone number on them. I often see children's bags with their names embroidered on them, and it makes it very easy for a stranger to act as if they know the child. It is one of the first things I learned when I studied predators when I was training to teach in the martial arts.

In past trips we have had to bring a stroller, so I would label it heavily to make it very obvious that it was not someone else's stroller. I would also attach a laminated tag on it with our last name, phone number, and resort so if someone found it, they could contact us. I sure am going to miss having a stroller with us to carry all of our junk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter