Lufthansa flights (getting close now!)

Gowans

Ducks Fly Together
Have had a search through but can't find anything!
we're getting close to the date for our first trip now (28 days!!!!!) and just a few things i am not sure of.

We booked everything direct through Disney and are flying Lufthansa for all legs of the journey.
Does anyone know how you book seat reservations for the flights? Do I have to wait for the travel documents to come through from Disney?

Also, their baggage allowance says the maximum dimensions per item of baggage are 158 cm , is that not quote small? NOT very good at the maths !!

Not sure how flight inclusive works with Disney now. Can you call them and ask for your flight locator reference so you can enter it on the Lufthansa website? Lufthansa OLCI is 24 hours before departure and you can choose your seats then.

158 cm (DxWxH) is a pretty decent sized bag. It's the same as United Airlines and we've never had a problem with our very large suitcases. Just measure your luggage if you're not sure.

158cm is 62" it's standard across major airlines.
the max weight is 50lbs or 23kg

lufthansa allows advance seat reservation at anytime once you've booked (only exception is when booking is a codeshare) so definitely ask for your confirmation number and register on LH webisite.
you can also select them at online check in 24hrs before departure.

lufthansa allows advance seat reservation at anytime once you've booked (only exception is when booking is a codeshare) so definitely ask for your confirmation number and register on LH webisite.
you can also select them at online check in 24hrs before departure.

This is incorrect. When you can select your seat on Lufthansa depends on your fare class; many don't allow seat selection until 48 hours before the flight:

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Seat-reservation

This is incorrect. When you can select your seat on Lufthansa depends on your fare class; many don't allow seat selection until 48 hours before the flight:

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Seat-reservation

Yes, this seems correct. I helped a family member do OLCI with Lufthansa two weeks ago and she had to wait until 24 hours before departure. She was in economy. I have no idea if it varies by route.

Has anyone had any experience not booking seat reservations?
I can do it now, but its costing £40 for each flight. Worried me and DBF will get split on different sides of the plane if i dont pay this though :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter