Luau

Texas Minnie

Earning My Ears
I would like some imformation of the luau. Will teenagers like it? How is the food? I appreciate any info you have.

My wife and I have been 3 times now and liked it each time. Some reviewers have stated they did not like the food or entertainment but we liked it all. It is served family style and includes your drinks(beer also). I don't know about teenagers liking it that much, on our trips we filmed a lot of it and the kids back home did not seem impressed with that kind of entertaimment but we liked it..Hope this helps. I understand they are closing it soon for a rehab but don't know when and for how long. Have you thought about ther Hoop-Dee-Doo? We have been there three time also and really liked it better. I think the kids would also..smjj

Thanks smjj I appreciate your input.
Yes we have been to the Hoop-de-do. We really had a great time there. We try and do one different dinner each time we go. We figured the luau would be fun. I think we will probably go just to see what it is all about. Do you know when and why they are shutting it down? We are going in June.

We were there this last Dec. and they were talking about shutting it down in the next month or so for a rehab. I would not put any stock in it until they announce something official though. The food is served like at the HDR but on a silver platter. It contains pork, chicken and ribs plus some kind if exotic salad that my wife likes. They put on a good performance and our favorite is the fire dance at the end. Hope you enjoy..smjj

The luau is supposed to be under rehab until the end of Feb. Check wdwig.com for exact dates.

No problem.
I only know because I called for March ressies and they told me when it would be down until. Thank goodness we just made it.
This will be our first time attending. I can't wait.

DH & I have been to the Luau twice, and loved it the first time and hated it the second.... hopefully some of these suggestions will help.

There have been 2 seatings in the past, hopefully that will continue. We went as a group of 6 to a late seating, the first time (when we loved it). There was a more mature crowd (in retrospect) and the darkness added to the mystique. The waitress seemed relaxed and gracious - very good. With a party of 6, we had a section of table to ourselves and it felt a bit private. This was in '97, and we enjoyed it so much we wanted to experience it again for our 25th anniversary.

So, the second time, we chose an early seating so we'd have time to so something else afterward. BIG MISTAKE for us - as a party of 2 adults, we were nestled in between other large family groups with little children, and the family on one side was completely miserable, whining at the waitress when she was near and whining about her when she was gone. The atmosphere reminded me of a school cafeteria. Had we been there with young children, we would have been fine, but going with an adult mindset and recollections of a very different experience, we were dissappointed.

The food looked good the 2nd time, but with the neighboring child coughing open-mouthed on our food, we didn't eat much. We "snuck" out before dessert. The show appeared to have all the same performers as the first time, but many of them looked like they had stopped working out and taken up beer drinking.

Anyway, our dissappointment was circumstantial, but definitely consider the makeup of your party when deciding which show to attend.

Have fun!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter