Luau

aim

Mouseketeer
:flower3: Could someone please advise if the Spirit of Aloha Luau is worth 2 dining tickets? How is the show, how is the food? I will have my husband and 9-year old son. Thanks!

My wife loved it, I thought it was ok,
I think a 9 year old would like to watch the parts where they throw fire around but other than that might get bored.
We checked it out a couple of years ago, but I assume it's the same show.
Check out the menu to help you decide, because what you see is what you get. If I remember right you don't really have a choice on what you want.

We loved it! The food was pretty good and beer/wine is included. I think it was worth doing once, but don't feel the need to see it again

We loved it! The food was pretty good and beer/wine is included. I think it was worth doing once, but don't feel the need to see it again

This is how we feel as well. DS was 9 when we went and he did enjoy the show. We liked the food as well. I don't think we would do it again, but we did enjoy it when we went.

We did the luau for the first time in September and we had a great time :dance3:. We thought the food was great and the show was cute.....the fire dances at the end were cool :goodvibes.

Don't recommend. My family did not enjoy the food, the show was a bit slow until the very, very end. There are just better options for those 2 tickets, IMHO.

We've gone twice, both times the food wasn't that great. The ribs were fatty, and the rest was so-so. But my DD's (3,5,7) and DH love the show. I wouldn't pay for it OOP.

We did this show 2 years ago when DS's were 7 & 9. We all enjoyed it. The fire dances at the end were really good. That was their favorite part. We thought the food was good especially the chocolate mousee volcanoes for dessert.

Thanks everyone for the replies! Does anyone have a better option for some extra evening dining entertainment?

The Hoo-Dee-Doo Review dinner show at Fort Wilderness consistently gets better reviews. We've done both (albiet some years ago), and thought the HDD was better by far (for food and entertainment).

We went to the Luau in November and I went with a really open mind because I had read good and bad on here. I was of the opinion "take it for waht it is" well, perhaps I should listen to my own advice but we really DIDN'T like it! My DD was with us who was 6 and it was pretty awful. We stayed at the Poly and it was the only thing I didn't like about what is a truly fantastic resort. The food was really mediocore. Edible but not what you could call "good". The show was just extremely basic. The fire show was good.

I went to Mickey's Backyard BBQ over at Fort Wilderness a few years ago and that was fun. There is good character interaction there and the food was very good. You may want to give that a try.

Definatly do the Hoop Dee Doo!!! I think your DS will like this MUCH better! My DS's loved it!!! They still talk about it and we were there in Sept.! I think we've done it 3 or 4 times and it's always a great show!!!:thumbsup2

I haven't seen it in a while but last time I saw it, it was pretty fun. :) I liked the fire things. And the food was pretty tasty. Think really good polynesian/chinese food.

Hubby and I didn't like the Luau. 3/4's of the show was very bad, but the last 1/4 is very good. Food was bad. Probably would not do it again until either the show or the food changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter