• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luau Wow?

LisaDKG

A little obsessed...
I booked the Spirit of Aloha Luau right away when I figured out we were going to be staying at the Poly for our Sept trip. I have to admit I haven't heard great things about the show or the food though. My DDP TS credits might be put to better use elsewehere even though we basically have ADRs for almost everything we wanted (Le Cellier, CG, Jiko, etc.) Would anyone who has been please do me the honor of letting me know their thoughts? :rolleye I didn't post this in a Restaurant thread because there is the "show" factor too and I am a newbie and everyone on the Welcome board seems sooo nice! Sorry if I misposted. I also thought to do this as a poll but aside from clicking the box on the bottom of this screen, I couldn't determine how that would make this a poll?! (what a newbie...))

i really liked the SoA experience. The show is as corny as any of the others (some lady becomes dissatisfied with Hawaiian/Polynesian culture and then realizes its importance. add some fire thrower/juggler and that's what you've got). the food was good (the first time i ever had ribs and mmmm were they good) and plentiful. we planned to do it this trip but we're considering not so we can have an extra meal. but who knows. if you've never been before and can afford the extra credit - do it.

the show was different from what i remembered how it was last time i went. the last time i went was in 2003 and i liked it better. the whole set up was just a lot better. and there wasn't a "show" show like it is now. the show now is about a girl coming home from college and having a family reunion. last i went, it was just the hula dancers and fire jugglers which i enjoyed that more.

the food, however, i really enjoyed. and you can see Wishes from certain spots if you get the later dinner while you're watching the "Show".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter