Luau At The Royal Pacific

melisandes

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to the Luau at the Royal Pacific? If so how was it? Should we just go with the Disney Luau or stick with the uni one?

I did both, and we all preferred the Luau at RPR better than Disneys.
Food ws excellent and plenty of it, just take what you want and go back for more, and the drink was excellent.
Disneys was more a story, seemed a bit like Lilo & Stitch, RPR was the usual fire juggling - Dancers and audience participation, and was quite good, considering it again this year, although Seaworlds is supposed to be good as well.

I assume the luau is open to anyone? Or just onsite peeps. We stay at the HRH...Do you make ressies through the RPR?:)

I assume the luau is open to anyone? Or just onsite peeps. We stay at the HRH...Do you make ressies through the RPR?:)

any one can go.
call in advance and reserve for you and your group.

number on the UO website.

Thanks macraven...:) Appreciate the help.

If you're sure that you're going to do this, book early. A couple years ago, we tried booking the Luau when we arrived at our hotel (HRH) in October, but the Luau was sold out. Last year, I called about a month in advance to book the Luau.

If you're sure that you're going to do this, book early. A couple years ago, we tried booking the Luau when we arrived at our hotel (HRH) in October, but the Luau was sold out. Last year, I called about a month in advance to book the Luau.

I think it only hosts(just guessing)around 100 people!

More like 300+. each table held 8 people when we where there, and there was well over 40 tables.
Last July we could have went any time as seats where available, they kept offering me them everytime i was at concereige enquiring about different things.

More like 300+. each table held 8 people when we where there, and there was well over 40 tables.
Last July we could have went any time as seats where available, they kept offering me them everytime i was at concereige enquiring about different things.

We had 10 at our table, this past October: 4 down each side and 1 on each end. Unfortunately, I can't remember how many tables they had.

patster734, maybe it was 10, but think it was 3 down each side and 1 at each end, even so we had a great time

patster734, maybe it was 10, but think it was 3 down each side and 1 at each end, even so we had a great time

I don't doubt it. I'm sure that they have different configurations, depending upon the number of people who have booked. How crowded did you feel at the table? I felt kind of like I was packed like a sardine. Fortunately, I had my wife to my left and my parents to my right, strangers everywhere else. It also wouldn't surprise me if they different sizes of table: some that hold 6, some that hold 8, and some that hold 10. A few years ago, when we did the Luau, the normal luau location was being refurbished, and so they had sat up a temporary stage and several round tables on one of the lawns by the business rooms.

There was only 3 of us, and we had plenty of room, we had a family of 3 from Texas and another from Chicago, all very friendly and we all had a great time.
We where in the Pavillion , must be about 3 or 4 years ago, we are actually thinking about doing it again in July, not going to book it, just if there is any seats available when we are there, as they kept asking me at concereige last July if i wanted to do it , as they had seats left.

It sure didn't feel that crowded!
All seats were taken when we went and there was plenty of food to go around and free BEER..

what kid friendly food options do they have?

We will be at US for my 50th birthday and we are looking for something fun and out of the ordinary to do.

We will have a 9 and 11 year old with us.
We have never done a Luau here or at WDW or anywhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter