Lowest crowd weeks in Sept, Oct or Nov?

Definitely not committed to November, or those dates. Just trying to figure out the best (in terms of lowest crowds) 12 days.

Ths time I've got my head around the twelve day trip, I promise. I forgot about that in my earlier post that included the pre-Thanksgiving week...and was thinking about 9 day Saturday to Sunday trips...Sorry!!

For the lowest crowd 12 day period in your months, arrive any date between the 6th of September and the 19th of September.

Besides being lowest crowd, this period is also the least expensive period in your months. On the other hand, it is also during the peak of the hurricane season, is hot and rainy, and, because of free dining, it'll be hard to reserve top dining venues unless you book very soon--booked resort guests can already book dining through mid-September today.

In October, arrive any day between the 16th and the 24th. This will be a little more expensive, a little more crowded, but has much less hurricane risk and overall better weather. You will also have more time to book your room and thus be able to compete for the top dining options when the reservations open up.

The November dates, noted in my post above, will be more crowded than either of these options, because of the 12-day problem...

Hope this one helps!! Dave

Check out www.**************.net for a free crowd calendar for the whole year. It ranks the weeks in order of least to most crowded. They are actually listing some weeks in Oct and Nov as less crowded than Sept. The weather will definately be cooler and better in Oct/Nov.

HMmmmm. I've never seen this website before. I went through just looking for lowest crowds of the year (regardless of price or weather) and it appears that they're saying the week after Thanksgiving through the first two weeks of December are going to be the lowest crowd weeks for 2011.

....I...disagree.... especially looking at what last year was. HOLY-MOLY.

Interesting website though.

Where going the weel of Sept the 20th to the 27th,we went about 10 later in 2009 and the crowds and weather where up!. What would make the diffrence going just a little early in relation to crowds i know it will be hot.

YEP! We'll be there too, purposefully because we KNOW the crowds will be low. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Ths time I've got my head around the twelve day trip, I promise. I forgot about that in my earlier post that included the pre-Thanksgiving week...and was thinking about 9 day Saturday to Sunday trips...Sorry!!

For the lowest crowd 12 day period in your months, arrive any date between the 6th of September and the 19th of September.

Besides being lowest crowd, this period is also the least expensive period in your months. On the other hand, it is also during the peak of the hurricane season, is hot and rainy, and, because of free dining, it'll be hard to reserve top dining venues unless you book very soon--booked resort guests can already book dining through mid-September today.

In October, arrive any day between the 16th and the 24th. This will be a little more expensive, a little more crowded, but has much less hurricane risk and overall better weather. You will also have more time to book your room and thus be able to compete for the top dining options when the reservations open up.

The November dates, noted in my post above, will be more crowded than either of these options, because of the 12-day problem...

Very helpful, thanks! It's hard to find a 12 day time period where there's not at least one pretty busy section!

My husband would probably prefer the September dates you mentioned, but I don't want to take our son out of school quite so early after the start to the year. I'm looking at that October time frame you mentioned now. We will stay off-site at the rental house we stayed in last trip and it's not more expensive in October so that wouldn't be a factor. We will do a few ADR's but otherwise eat at the house and pack lunches.

What's your opinion on the Halloween Party? Worth doing? Kids would be 5, 4 and almost 3.

You have been incredibly helpful. Seriously. My husband tells me to find the least crowded time to go for 12 days Sept - Nov and I don't think he realizes how tricky that is!!

HMmmmm. I've never seen this website before. I went through just looking for lowest crowds of the year (regardless of price or weather) and it appears that they're saying the week after Thanksgiving through the first two weeks of December are going to be the lowest crowd weeks for 2011.

....I...disagree.... especially looking at what last year was. HOLY-MOLY.

Interesting website though.

I don't think I say on http://**************.net that those three weeks were the lowest-crowd weeks of the year...but I have said many other foolish things on the site...so maybe I did!

My crowd calendar suggests the bottom weeks for crowds are early Jan and the week before Thanksgiving.

My week picker adds a list of other weeks to these as "low crowd" weeks. (To skip to the answer, rather than going through the week picker questions, click here.)

The 3 weeks you noted are on this list...

Wait..I thought that all of the free dining offers that were out there right now ended in August some time? Did I miss a free DP offer that was for Sept???

Avoid the federal holidays of Columbus Day and Veterans Day. Avoid Jersey week (maybe 11/6-11/12 or so this year????). Avoid the week of Thanksgiving.

Interesting you mentioned Veterans day. We will be there for the 9 days surrounding Veterans Day weekend......

Very helpful, thanks! It's hard to find a 12 day time period where there's not at least one pretty busy section!

What's your opinion on the Halloween Party? Worth doing? Kids would be 5, 4 and almost 3.

You have been incredibly helpful. Seriously. My husband tells me to find the least crowded time to go for 12 days Sept - Nov and I don't think he realizes how tricky that is!!

You'll hear a lot of opinions contrary to mine on this, but as much fun as the Halloween Party is, I don't think it's good value for money. If I were you, I'd definitely do it if you are at WDW on October 31 itself, but otherwise would skip it...

Wait..I thought that all of the free dining offers that were out there right now ended in August some time? Did I miss a free DP offer that was for Sept???

I was thinking of the people who took advantage of the free dining offer that went thru September 29, 2011 that was available last year...

Don't be tellin everybody!!!!:tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:

:thumbsup2

I am real excited about this week. It will be our oldest two kids' second week of school, so they won't miss too much new material and we would rather them just miss four days of school because of school district's attendance policy. My ideal week would also be the week before Thanksgiving for the weather, crowds, and Christmas decorations; but for us that wouldn't work out because that is in the middle of the grading period, it takes us out of the value season pricing/free dining promotion, and at least two of my kids are always sick around that time of year :headache:. So we are looking forward to (and preparing to) enjoy WDW in the Sept heat and afternoon rainstorms :laughing: But I think the word is also starting to get out about the week before Thanksgiving. I know four families (children's classmates and neighbors) that went during this week; and those are just people I personally know.

Yes, the offer ended in December. It covered multiple dates through Sept 30, including Memorial Day week.

Wife and I went last year 12/3 - 12/10 because everything we read said that week would be slow...not even close to slow. We booked a week at POR and did not like it, we asked if we could move to another hotel..."Everything is booked solid due to conventions being in town". We were shocked. Not one open room anywhere!

We stuck it out and made the best of it but, we had to miss out on a lot of stuff due to long wait times and maneuvering through crowds of people.

We had also purchased tickets to MVMCP and I swear not one person left the park at closing time...no way that many people had arm bands.

Best time we had was evening extra magic hours at MK...ghost town. Of course, the COLD weather probably kept a lot of people away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter