Lowest crowd time in spring?

idohair

Earning My Ears
I just returned from DL. Am thinking about returning I spring as i LOVED it so much. I'll most likely be taking my 8 year old myself and I'm thinking May.. What are the best times to go I'm spring?
I loved the crowd level last week. Most rides were walk on rides. Only used FP. For RSR everything else was max 10 minute wait It was PERFECT for my first visit

We are going in May, as well, from the 5th to the 9th. I picked our week to go specifically because there is a definite dip in crowd levels for the two weeks after the Spring Break crowds leave (end of April) and the beginning of the Grad Night events (mid May). Spring break crowds usually last through the week after Easter, then there's lower attendance through mothers day, than medium attendance 'till Memorial day, then the Summer peak season picks up after that. Unfortunately, Disneyland crowds are never completely predictable, so I could end up on our first day staring out at a sea of people wondering where I went wrong....

Agree with @watchtower, first 2 weeks of May after Spring break crowds before Grad nights.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are going in May, as well, from the 5th to the 9th. I picked our week to go specifically because there is a definite dip in crowd levels for the two weeks after the Spring Break crowds leave (end of April) and the beginning of the Grad Night events (mid May). Spring break crowds usually last through the week after Easter, then there's lower attendance through mothers day, than medium attendance 'till Memorial day, then the Summer peak season picks up after that. Unfortunately, Disneyland crowds are never completely predictable, so I could end up on our first day staring out at a sea of people wondering where I went wrong....

This is when we are going, as well...hoping crowds will be very reasonable. We went in early May last year, and our first 3 days (5/7-5/9) we're very enjoyable. Crowds picked up after that (when Grad Nites and lots of school day-trips began).

By the time we go, it will have been 2 years since our last trip (we really felt we'd had *enough* Disney for a while - but that "while" turned out to be shorter than we expected...lol), so hoping against hope that it still turns out to be a pleasant time to go.

We are going the 9th to the 21st of May to do DL/DCA and Southern CA. If we plan to do the parks say the 12th to the 17th or 18th do you think the crowds will be insanely busy? How do you know when grad night events are going on?

We live 12 minutes from WDW and are used to their crowds so not sure how crowds compare during this time.

Thanks first time going to CA and to DL/DCA so this is all new for me. I would move the trip up by a week but I am graduating with my bachelors degree and my ceremony is the first weekend in May and the following week we have family still visiting until midweek. We knew enough to be out of there just before Memorial Day weekend though!

We are going the 9th to the 21st of May to do DL/DCA and Southern CA. If we plan to do the parks say the 12th to the 17th or 18th do you think the crowds will be insanely busy? How do you know when grad night events are going on?

We live 12 minutes from WDW and are used to their crowds so not sure how crowds compare during this time.

Thanks first time going to CA and to DL/DCA so this is all new for me. I would move the trip up by a week but I am graduating with my bachelors degree and my ceremony is the first weekend in May and the following week we have family still visiting until midweek. We knew enough to be out of there just before Memorial Day weekend though!

Grad Nights:
May 16-17, 21-22, 24, 28, 30-31, June 4, 6-7, 10-11, 13-14, 18-19, 2014
For 2014, Seniors will again have access to both Parks during the day. At night, the party moves over to Disney California Adventure with a private showing of World of Color and access to Cars Land.

Thought this might help with your planning. Congrats on your graduation, we'll be in the parks too, May 11-15:cool1:

We always go in late April/early May. After Spring Break but before the dreaded Grad Nights. It's a great time to go!

I'll be taking my son for the first time may 10-15 and am hoping head nights don't start early!

Grad Nights:
May 16-17, 21-22, 24, 28, 30-31, June 4, 6-7, 10-11, 13-14, 18-19, 2014
For 2014, Seniors will again have access to both Parks during the day. At night, the party moves over to Disney California Adventure with a private showing of World of Color and access to Cars Land.

Thought this might help with your planning. Congrats on your graduation, we'll be in the parks too, May 11-15:cool1:

Thank you I've been working hard for the last 3 years trying to get my degree finished so this will be a nice way to celebrate my success.

This information is very helpful and I think we will do the parks from the 12th until the 15th and spend the 16th and 17th either at the beach and taking a tour of Hollywood with some friends who live in CA or relax at our resort and just do DTD for a little while one evening. Then on the 18th my birthday hit one of the parks again.

Living so close to WDW and seeing the influx of groups when we used to have Grad Nights (they stopped ours last I heard for WDW) I don't care to deal with them at DL/DCA.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter