Lower fare, will SWA refund the diff?

Ronda93

DIS Veteran
I think I've read on this board that if SWA offers a lower fare than you've already purchased they'll refund the difference.

Anyone have experience with this?

We
just did that but what they actually do is put the difference into an account for you and it's good for future flights for up to a year. My husband did it online. He called and asked some questions, they were very helpful. He then took care of it online.

Yes & no.. I think it depends who you talk to... I had my fare reduced twice last year.. the first time the rep gave me a refund to my credit card.. the second time they said they would give me credit towards a future ticket (to use in 1 year) but I was pleasantly surprised to find I got a credit to my credit card anyway!

this happened to us this spring I called the customer service number after I changed my reservation and told them iwasn't sure if we would use the credit. Would she mind just crediting us and she said no problem! It was back on my card within 72 hours

I did this and I got a credit card refund, too.
Was told it was because the changes were for the EXACT same flights & times ~ only difference was the price.

Got refund on CC fast! Love SW! :banana:

It depends on if your original ticket was refundable or non-refundable. Technically, SW will refund the difference as a credit to your credit card if your original ticket was refundable. If the original ticket was non-refundable, then SW gives you an air travel credit for the difference that they hold for up to 1 year and you may use to purchase another ticket in the future. There have been times, however, when you call SW and the person will credit your credit card even on a refundable fare, but they certainly do not have to do this. Most tickets purchased are non-refundable fares because those are the least expensive.

I just did this about an hour ago. I had booked our Disney flights with SW via the internet "internet only rates" and it had decreaded by about 80.00 tota. Because my fare was non-refundable I got an 80.00 credit twoards future travel. Not to shabby if you ask me, no other airline will do this! I love SW! :earsboy:

luv2tvl said:
Because my fare was non-refundable I got an 80.00 credit twoards future travel. Not to shabby if you ask me, no other airline will do this! I love SW! :earsboy:
United does this too!

SWA will refund even nonrefundabel tickets back to your credit card as long as you booked the same schedule. I've done it many times.

CalvaryMike said:
United does this too!

As does Delta / Song. You have to pay a minimal rebooking fee ($25?) but if the fare has dropped, it's well worth it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter