Low Sodium Diet and Eating at Disney?

Sacha_L

Mouseketeer
My husband was recently diagnosed with Meinere's disease and put on a very low sodium diet. (1500mg a day) We have not eaten out since due to all the salt in prepared food. He has tried being good all day and then splurging for dinner and that does not work! he feels horrible the next day :headache:
I have heard how wonderful Disney is with allergies but how are they with this type of problem? :confused3 I would LOVE :love: to go to Disney get the dining plan and allow my husband the pleasure of eating out again. Thanks for any help or even just a point in the right direction

Go to the dining page on the website. You can get a phone number to call and talk to someone about dietary requests. They want to accomodate so that you will buy their food!!

Hi and :welcome: to disABILITIES!

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information. Go to Post #3 and look at dietary restrictions. There are links to both reports and information about specific locations that can help.

Or, if you want an easier route to the FAQs, click on the link in my signature.

I agree with the information provided by the other posters. My DH has had Meniere's disease for many years now ans is on a very low sodium diet also. Here are some things that have helped him during trips to WDW.
When you call for your dining reservations tell them you have a special dietary request for low sodium meals and that you will want to speak to a chef.
When you speak to the chef it helps to say, "I have Meniere's disease and need to maintain a very low sodium diet. " Somehow saying the name of the disease gets a more helpful response. (Not sure if they just think the low sodium diet is optional otherwise?!)
Usually DH will then ask the chef which dish on the menu can be made with the least amount of salt.
DH loves to eat at WDW and can eat a wider range of foods there than at other restaurants because the chefs are great.
DH also drinks a lot of water and tries to sweat a lot to get rid of some of the sodium. (Easier to do in the summer at WDW.)
Hope you have a great trip and enjoy eating in the world!

Thank you all for the help!!:worship: I sent an email off to disney asking for more info :thumbsup2 escape do you have any other tips for doing disney with Meinere's? DH has become disabled due to this but we both agree we refuse to give up on enjoying our lives because of it...we just live it a little (ok a lot sometimes) differently. Thanks again to everyone :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter