Low cost gift ideas to take back to 12 kids ?

I second the Mickey Straws. Not sure about your schools, but around here you are not allowed to bring in any type of candy, cookies or sweets.

That's a good point with allergies being more prevalent than they used to be.

I second (third?) the idea of asking CM's for stickers. You'll see them with rolls of them, just handing them out. They are quite happy to give out a dozen at a time, especially if you tell them you're a teacher.

But also, really - see what you can get at Target or the Dollar store. Who's going to know if they actually came from WDW?

There are not a lot of really low-cost items at Disney - even keychains will run you $5-6 apiece, which is way too much. Especially if you don't want to do candy or food - because you could get lollipops in bags of 6 or a dozen for relatively little money.

You might try the shops in Japan or China - maybe they'd have some little kind of fan or toy, which would also tie in with geography or social studies.

I like the straw idea....

But have you thought about buttons??

They sell them at every cash register for $1.50 each or 5 for $5.00. They are about the size of a quarter and they can put them on their backpacks. There are like 25+ different designs. My daughters picks one up every time we go to the register to put on her backpack so we have quite the collection.

Why bring back anything? Kids today have enough junk now days, sorry I work with kids in school and I am now on my soapbox.

Think outside the box and make your trip into a special memory for each student. Make a scrap book quickly and let them enjoy it as a group, tell them a story of your trip, or make a photo movie of your trip and show to all. Turn your return into a whole class activity. Let them tell of a special trip or of one they would dream about. Kids really aren't about the stuff but they love the idea of it all. For free bring each one a sticker or nab the free soaps/lotions from Mousekeeping. They will want to use the soap at bath time and will retell the stories they heard you tell. Again, don't make the stories about the stuff but of the events your family enjoyed (you know paint a mental picture for them). How precious story telling is, and in today's world of movies/games, kids are loosing this ability and using their imagination.

I know, just my 2 cents worth

What about the Transportation cards? They're free and have little fun facts about the monorail, boats, and buses. Ask for them from the CMs at the TTC, if you tell them you are a teacher, they'll probably give you a bunch. I managed to collect almost 2 dozen cards in one weekend to pass out to my nieces and nephews.

Pressed pennies! Only 51 cents each!

That was going to be my suggestion as well. Scope out the machines during your trip, find one that you like and then do the same penny for everyone in the class. Or, do a theme and discuss things with the class. Like, get pennies from the various countries at Epcot so they can learn about each one. Or, get different characters and they can trade.

The play sets that have several character from one movie are cute. I bought some of these and made Christmas ornaments out of them for my Disney tree. I think they were about $12-$13 for a set of 12. If you are going during the holiday season I think that would be a cute gift.

We always get the choc. coins with the characters. Kids love these. I've bought rulers, markers, pens, pencils, and notebooks with Disney characters for my nephews. Ask yourself what would you like to be brought from someone else's vacation? Kids do like the collectible pins but they can get pricey. I think the postcards are a great idea for teaching a mini lesson you could even give out oranges to go with that candy for balance.

That was going to be my suggestion as well. Scope out the machines during your trip, find one that you like and then do the same penny for everyone in the class. Or, do a theme and discuss things with the class. Like, get pennies from the various countries at Epcot so they can learn about each one. Or, get different characters and they can trade.

Actually we collect these coins :rotfl: so it is fun getting the them. This is a good idea too.

My son did this on our last trip. It took a few CM's but he eventually got 25 of those nice big round stickers they give out. He just told them he was trying to bring them back for his class. The DVC people are very willing to hand you a pile of stickers!

Another good idea :thumbsup2

I bet if you check with a mousekeeping supervisor they may even sprinkle you with some pixiedust: and give you some extra bars of the cute soap to take back to the kids. I might not bother with the shampoo but washing their hands with a bar of soap with a disney character is always kinda 'magical'. And the gift shops in the resorts are AWESOME about giving you extra of the smallest of their little bags which you could use as a gift bag if you end of getting the kids a couple of things...like the the soap, the stickers, and then a paid for item or two. and Last time I checked straws were only 50 cents so they were very cost efficient. If it were me, I would go with something that actually comes from Disney rather than buying elsewhere. I know it's the thought that counts, but there are enought cheap or free ideas that are better than dollar store stuff that are true WDW trinkets.
My only only suggestion would be if you do decide to do the pressed pennies, I would get a handful of extras just so that the exchange goes a bit smoother...I know they should all be grateful, but we're talking about kids and to me for an extra $1 or 2, it's just not worth it. I'd rather each have one that they really like... just my .02 :)

We brought back those Kooky pens for the kids in our neighborhood last time... I think we bought 14. It was fun choosing one for each kid based on their likes and personality. There are pencils that are cheaper if that works better.

The CM at the gift shop at the Royal Plaza gave me dozens of Mickey & Walt Disney world stickers plus Celebration buttons for all the kids in my son's class. I also bought a couple of bags of those colorful chocolate coins that have the characters faces on the wrappers. The kids loved them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter