• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Low Cost Autograph Books

dphie28

Mouseketeer
I could not contain myself with what I found at Michael's today! I bought the boys autograph books and lanyards and spent a whopping $6 tota...and that is before my 20% coupon!! They have hard-covered spiral notebooks in Princesses, Lightning McQueen and Buzz Lightyear and have lanyards that coordinate... $1 each! The notebooks have thick cardboard covers and 75 pages inside. The book measures 5x5. One side of the page has a light colored image and the back side of the paper is blank. I plan to have the autographs done on the printed page and then attach a photo of the kid getting the autograph on the facing page. I attached the lanyards to the center of the the spiral and plan to have each boy carry his own. I then went to Five Below and found Buzz and Woody Kooky Klick-it pens for $3 each. Oh, and the best part is...they have no idea why I bought the things i did! Check them out:

The Buzz and Woody one:
DSC07632-1.jpg

Inside pages:
DSC07629.jpg

The 'finished' set with the lanyard:
DSC07628.jpg

Lightning McQueen with Lanyard (and the inside pages)
DSC07630.jpg
DSC07631.jpg

Thanks for sharing! This will be our 3rd year for books and I was looking for something different!

Those are pretty awesome. Last year I did books from Michaels with the boys initial on the front. This year I will be copying your idea, if I can find the same things.

Maybe the the pin collection off the ground this year for them!

Love your idea! How cute! How did you attach the laynard to the notebook, if you don't mind sharing? I wish we had a five below store here....I've never heard of them! Any other ideas where I could find disney kooky pens?

Love your idea! How cute! How did you attach the laynard to the notebook, if you don't mind sharing? I wish we had a five below store here....I've never heard of them! Any other ideas where I could find disney kooky pens?

I just clipped the lanyard to the spiral of the notebook. I also clipped the pens right onto the spiral. Kookys.com sells the Kooky pens...and cheaper than the disneystore.com site. Free shipping with $15 order!

What a good find! I'll be checking Michaels here!:)

I hope your Michaels has them. In my Michaels store, they are in the $1 clearance section by the cake supplies. They are not in the kid's section, but that may be because the Easter crafts were over there.

Thank you SO much for posting about this .. I ran out to my Michael's today and got the exact same thing, one for each of our 6 kids .. I love the idea of them wearing them on the lanyard instead of me stashing and searching for 6 autograph books all the time! And I think I will even split up the Disney pins I have and let each of them haver 4 or 5 pins on the lanyards so they can pin trade/autographs all they want without me losing my mind! And the best part is I bought all the supplies for 6 kids for less than one autograph book at Disney would have cost me! Awesome .. thank you again!

that is so cool im sure they will love it. Its so much fun to find things like that... just love it did you see princess ones there....

I found 6 differnt designs for our 6 kids with matching lanyards,

1 blue Toy Story
1 red Toy Story
1 pink princesses
1 purple princesses
1 green tink
1 purple tink

They also had spiderman and Cars themed ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter