Low Carb Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUGAR FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 egg 1 cup splenda 1 cup low fat peanut butter

NO FLOUR... mix, place spoon size balls onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes depending on your oven let cook....

I have even baked these with adding soy protein :)

also you can hollow center out a bit by making a dip in center fill with diabetic jam or even sugar free peanut butter cups... the peanut butter cups put in cookie after it has baked then place back in warm oven for a few seconds until it spreads out in to dipped out area..

Originally posted by ~Sparkly~Zoe
Ingredients
Chinese-Style Chicken

1-1/2 to 2 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breasts preferred)

3/4 cup water

2 tablespoons dry sherry

2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

2 tablespoons water

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 cup bias-sliced celery (1/4 in thick)

4 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces

1-1/3 cups hot cooked rice

Remove skin from chicken. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Spray a cold large skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat the skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken pieces on all sides in hot skillet.

Add 3/4 cup water, sherry, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 35-40 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.

For sauce, stir together the 2 tablespoons water and the cornstarch; set aside. Add celery and green onions to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or till celery is crisp-tender. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice.

Makes 4 servings, remember that rice swells in your stomach.

I thought Rice was a no no?

Originally posted by StaceyA
I thought Rice was a no no?

You don't want to eat white rice on a low carb diet. High on the glycemic scale, no nutritional value, and full of starchy carbs.

However, if you left off the rice, and substituted 1/4 teaspoon xathan gum for the cornstarch, you'd have a pretty decent low-carb meal there.

You could always substitute cauliflower "faux rice" if you thought you'd miss the rice.

Sorry that is one of our GBS/carb recipes. I thought it could be useful.

Sorry that is one of our GBS/carb recipes. I thought it could be useful.

Zoe,
Don't worry about it, the only reason I asked is because I just started this diet.
Those PB cookies sounds good though...do you know how many carbs per cookie??

unfortunately no I don't. It's not on my recipe paper! Is there a way we can figure this out?

1 egg = .6 carbs

1 cup Splenda = 24 carbs

You'd want to use a no-sugar added peanut butter... they can differ in carb counts. Just for grins, we'll use Krema Natural Peanut Butter, which is 3g per 2 Tbs. So...

1 cup peanut butter = 24 carbs

The recipe would be 47 carbs. If you got 2 dozen cookies, they'd be 2g carbs each.

Originally posted by glo
This was totally yummy and even my kids loved it.

3 eggs
olive oil
3 pounds of skinless chicken breast
one bottle of parmesean cheese
any spices you may want to add

I beat up my chicken to thin it out a bit :)
then I beat the three egss

On another plate I put in the bottle of Parm cheese, and garlic, oregano and parsley to taste. and mixed.

Heated oil in fryng pan.

Then I dipped chicken into egg and then coated with the cheese/spices mixture. I fried this for a few minutes on each side and it was awesome...

the site I got this off said each serving (1 breats was about 4 carbs)

This along with the "mock honey mustard" was AWESOME!!
My DH and I both made it as a team, LOL and he said he couldn't believe how crunchy the cheese was on the outside...we used grated parm cheese not the powdery kind, and I mixed in garlic powder, Parsley and Italian seasonings from the pampered chef and it was sooo good!!
Thanks for posting this Glo!

We had a party at work today and a friend of mine made this,
turned out its totally Atkins.

2 cans artichoke hearts ( not the ones packed in oil) drained
1 clove garlic
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
8 oz shredded mozzerella

chop artichokes and garlic in food processor
mix mayo, parmesan & mozzerella in large bowl
add artichoke mix

Place in pie plate
bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Everyone was eating it on crackers, I thought it was great by itself or on celery sticks. ( even good cold)

Hope you like it

Originally posted by Jakesmom1
We had a party at work today and a friend of mine made this,
turned out its totally Atkins.

2 cans artichoke hearts ( not the ones packed in oil) drained
1 clove garlic
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
8 oz shredded mozzerella

chop artichokes and garlic in food processor
mix mayo, parmesan & mozzerella in large bowl
add artichoke mix

Place in pie plate
bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Everyone was eating it on crackers, I thought it was great by itself or on celery sticks. ( even good cold)

Hope you like it

Sounds good!! I never thought of eating dip with Celery, I really have wanted some dip!
There is a Hot Crab dip recipe on the Atkins site that sounds good, but I can't have the crackers...never thought of celery!

SUGAR FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 egg 1 cup splenda 1 cup low fat peanut butter

NO FLOUR... mix, place spoon size balls onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes depending on your oven let cook....

I have even baked these with adding soy protein :)

also you can hollow center out a bit by making a dip in center fill with diabetic jam or even sugar free peanut butter cups... the peanut butter cups put in cookie after it has baked then place back in warm oven for a few seconds until it spreads out in to dipped out area..

Tried these out today...mmm...mmm...they sure were good! The family loved them and they were very peanut buttery...the only difference was that I added about a tablespoon of butter to the mixture!

These are imported from other sites....but I have made them and they were BIG hits.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Popcorn Garlic Shrimp

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Seafood

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound small shrimp -- shelled
1/4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves -- finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
Sauté one minute. Increase heat to high. Add shrimp and paprika.
Cook, stirring briskly, for 2 minutes.
Add lemon juice. Cook one minute more, just until shrimp are pink and cooked through (do not overcook shrimp, it toughens them).
Transfer to a platter with a slotted spoon.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve immediately.

Net Carbs: 1.5 grams

Seafood Bisque

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Seafood Soup

1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2)
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1 cup butter
1 quart water
1 tablespoon chicken base
a sprinkle or two of instant flour -- or your favorite lc thickener
2 cans chopped clams with juice -- (6.5 oz.)
1/2 pound uncooked shrimp -- cleaned, shelled, deveined
1/3 pound cod (leave in one piece)
1/3 pound salmon (leave in one piece-remove skin)
4 cups heavy cream
1 small can crab meat
1/2 cup dry sherry
chives for garnish -- optional

Saute shallots and diced celery in butter, until soft.
Add thickener, if desired, and stir with a wire whip for 5 minutes, on low heat and set aside.
Bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add chicken base, clams with juice, all of the shrimp and the whole pieces of cod and salmon.
Return to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Strain the stock, and reserve the seafood.
Stir the shallot/butter mixture into the stock.
Flake the large pieces of boiled fish and add the canned crabmeat.
Add the heavy cream and sherry. Bring to a simmer and heat through. Add chives, if desired.

3 carbs per serving.

Frozen Orange Creamsicle

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

2 small boxes Sugar Free Orange Jell-O
2 packets Splenda®, NutraSweet or Sweet "N Low
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups boiling water
1 cup crushed ice

Add 2 cups boiling water to Jell-O mix as per package directions and mix well till fully dissolved.
Add crushed ice to the mixture and stir to melt ice and cool mixture.
Add sweetener and heavy cream. Mix well.
Pour into freezer bowl or individual cups and chill until firm. (These can also be poured into freezer-pop holders to make true creamsicle type treats!)

1 carb per serving.

Every thing sounds not only great but super easy. Can't wait to try them out. Thank you, thank you:

Hi everyone.

I am looking for some advice................I am cruising with Disney in December and really really really want to look good and lose about 20lbs.

I take it some of you are low-carb dieters and wondered if I would have time (16 weeks and counting ) to lose some of this excess baggage I am carrying around if I followed a low carb lifestyle ????

Also, what is Splenda ???? I've never heard of it but since I live in Scotland there may be a UK equivalent.

Thanks for any advise / help.

Hi folks, I'm mostly a lurker around here but I wanted to post this one - I just found it yesterday - and it sounds weird, but I swear, these taste JUST like french toast! It is SOOOO good especially if you're looking for something different for breakfast (I'm not a big fan of eggs)

(I got this here)

French Toast

By Norma-June

2 Eggs
1/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream
2 pkgs. Equal or Splenda
Cinnamon to taste
1/2 of a 3 oz. bag Pork rinds.

(1) Mix eggs, cream, sweetener and cinnamon.

(2) Crush pork rinds (I use a food processor to get it nice and fine) and mix with above mixture.

(3) Allow to soak until it becomes a very thick and goopy batter (3-5 minutes).

(4) Fry pancake style in butter until browned and flip over. Cook until done as you would french toast or pancakes.

Serve with any LC syrup or make your own as follows:

(1) Cream butter until soft (use as much as you need for syrup). I melt it in the microwave.

(2) Add maple extract and sweetener to taste.

There's ~5.5g carbs in the whole recipe - that assumes ~1tsp cinnamon. (Oh, and just in case - my pork rinds come in 5oz packages - so no easy way to measure out the 1.5 oz needed - I ended up using 1/2 cup plus a tablespoon or so of ground pork rinds to make my batter.)

And one more - I found this on some message board - I don't remember which!

Banana Sour Cream Bread

1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup full-fat cream cheese
4 eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup pourable (granulated) Splenda
2 teaspoons Brown Sugar Twin
1 3/4 cups almond flour (You can just crush almonds for this - I did mine in the food processor - I couldn't get them quite to a "flour" consistency (well, I didn't want to try, lest I make almond butter) so there are some small crunchy pieces in my bread, but it's still yummy!)
1/4 cup Vital Wheat Gluten flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 2.5 oz jar Gerber Banana Baby Food (make sure it doesn't have added sugar - the one I found was 15g carbs for the whole jar)
1/4 cup sour cream
20 drops liquid sweetener
1 teaspoon banana flavor extract

Preheat oven to 325°F.

Cream butter, cream cheese pourable Splenda and Brown Sugar Twin well. Add eggs - one at a time - beating well after each. Set aside.

In separate large bowl, blend almond flour, Vital Wheat Gluten flour, baking powder, and salt.

In small bowl mix baby food, sour cream, liquid sweetener (I use liquid Splenda, but you can use Sweet N Low or Cyclamate sweetener if you like), and banana extract. Add to butter/cream cheese mixture and beat well.

Mix wet and dry ingredients with large spoon or mixer until fully incorporated. Pour into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes (oven times may vary a bit.)

45 grams of carbs in entire recipe.
Makes 12 slices: 3.75 carbs per slice.

[optional:] Like a sugary topping? For an extra few grams for the loaf (almost doesn't change the amount per slice), sprinkle a bit of Diabetisweet over the top of the bread in its last 20 minutes of baking.

Walnuts or pecans can be added to this recipe as well. About 1/2 cup broken nut pieces added just before adding to loaf pan to bake works nicely.

(The recipe says 3.75 carbs per slice - but I count it as somewhere closer to 4.5 - I think they may have been using liquid splenda for their counts - I'm getting some liquid splenda soon (I hope) and that should cut down the carbs to ~3.5g each slice!)

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing all the great ideas! :teeth: I started on June 21 and have lost :earseek: 46 lbs! I'm so happy!!! And I'm never hungry!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: Thanks for all the great info!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter