Low Carb Breakfasts & Snacks

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by robinb, Nov 16, 2004.

1. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I've been doing Atkins/Low Carb for a few months. The weight is coming off slowly, but that's OK with me. I began eating a *lot* of eggs for breakfast because they were easy. Just microwave some bacon and scramble a couple eggs and I was done. After a few months of this I began to feel a little nautious after eating the eggs. I hadn't been a big egg fan to begin with, but now I needed to find something else to eat for breakfast. I really liked the Mock Danish (though I added 2 T of flax to this recipe), but I thought it was taking too much time with the two-stage mixing and microwaving. I wanted something faster.

So, I found this recipe a couple weeks ago and I love it! LC Microwave Flax Bread I have eaten it almost every morning and sometimes for a snack with peanut butter.

Does anyone have any easy LC breakfasts they love? How about snacks? I need to lose another 15 pounds :).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kathymc

kathymc <font color=indigo><font color=teal>Dances in the

I really like the Atkins Cereals with Carb Options for milk (bluberry is my favorite) I haven't found any other cereals that I like. Thier breakfast bars (chocolate chip) are pretty good also.

snacks are hard - usually a low carb bar, a slice of cheese or a pickle!

4. sha_lyn

sha_lyn If we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane

I love the mini carb or ketos hot cereals. The Eggo LC waffles are wonderful too. I've been having them lately. 1 waffle with either a tbs of LC apricot preserves or 1/2 cup of frozen berries.

5. ahutton

ahutton WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

I like the mock danish too, and for work days I make a couple in advance. I'll soften the cream cheese, add the other stuff and then scramble in my eggs and put it in the fridge. Then I grab a bowl and put it in my cooler as I'm leaving for work. Another one I like is 2 slices of low carb bread with peanut butter and Smuckers low sugar jelly and have coffee with half and half. I've also had the Blue Bunny yogurt and a bar as a meal, it also has been good for me. For snacks I'll have a mini Blue Bunny yogurt and an ounce of peanuts or cashews.

FWIW - I'm not actually doing a "low carb diet" as I'm pregnant (32 weeks tomorrow!) but I have gestational diabetes so I've been living low sugar/sugar free.

6. nativetxn

nativetxn <font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono

I often eat leftovers from dinner for my breakfast. I can only eat so many eggs :)

I added this to our Low carb recipe index.