Loving it here... but the Electrical Parade was errr.... disappointing

DH and I both liked spectro a lot but we loved MSEP:lovestruc when we saw it in October!!!

can you suggest several "good spots" to grab for the parade? not sure what part of the park we'll be in so could view from any location.

Look folks, don't blame Disney because you've been lax in introducing your kids to the real Disney classics :rotfl:

It always amazes me that people will spend a minor fortune to go to Disney and then complain that they don't know or care who the Disney characters are..:confused3 If you're spending oodles of $$ to go, take the trouble to educate yourself about who you'll meet there. Any city library has tons of classic disney movies--it should become part of your planning for the trip. As was mentioned before by PP, the dragon's name is Eliot, he's invisible to everyone except Pete, a little boy who's mom incidentally is played by singer Helen Reddy. It's a charming classic Disney movie. I've often seen people in MK's town square wondering who the Robin Hood characters are. So, ...because some of you may not know them, Disney should scrap them?:confused:

can you suggest several "good spots" to grab for the parade? not sure what part of the park we'll be in so could view from any location.
All I have to say is get a spot early. It gets crowded. And you can't wait on the road, you have to be on the sidewalk.

We liked our spot for the Christmas parade. It was on the hub (right side as your face the castle) near the trash can LOL! But we stayed and watched the fireworks there too!

We just walked up to see it when it was almost upon us heading down Main Street. There were people sitting on the curb on the sidewalk and we just stood right behind them, great view.

Of course this was for the second showing that night, so maybe it was crowded for the first showing.

The electrical parade might be okay if they updated the music. The electrical parade music is major cheese.

So, ...because some of you may not know them, Disney should scrap them?:confused:

In Florida at least, they did that to Mr. Toad. Also to Gurgi, who used to have a "Munchies and Crunchies" refreshment stand in Fantasyland.

The Main Street Electrical parade is my favorite. I'm looking forward to seeing it in December. By the way - I love the music.

I for one am glad that there are the classic characters still in a number of places. There are those of us who love Disney, grew up with the classics, and have grown children, but still want to enjoy the parades and such.

I don't like High School Musical, couldn't care less about Hannah Montana, and don't really know who Phineas & Ferb are. Never watched the Disney Channel - when my kid was young, it didn't exist! Remember that the idea was for everyone to be able to enjoy Disney, no matter how old or young.

If your kids don't know who the characters are, maybe you could explain them? That's what I did when my d didn't know someone. I just told her the story (assuming of course that I knew!).

I really miss Spectromagic. It is truly my favorite nighttime parade. It was nice to see MSEP, and to bring some nostalgic memories of characters back. Elliott is the best part of the parade to me.

Speaking of not knowing the characters, I met a lady who said she could not understand what that Figment character is doing at Epcot.:scared1: Go figure. For those of us who are Disney fans, sometimes it is hard to understand not everyone is into the history like we are.:worship:

LIFE WITHOUT DISNEY:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter