Lovebugs in September

Are they usually gone by the end of Sept.
How long do they linger into Oct?
Thanks
Kerri

We were there the same week in 2006, and as others said, the lovebugs were EVERYWHERE!!!:headache: We had to leave MGM one day because we couldn't navigate through the swarms.:furious: We talked to someone from Georgia on that trip and she said that by the first week of Oct they usually disappear.:woohoo: I told DH that I would never go in Sept again because of this, even with the free dining promo.

Thanks for all of the honest feedback. We have decided to change our dates to October. I am disappointed to miss out on the free dining, but I feel this would ruin our trip. My sister went in May 2007 and vowed she would never go again during the lovebug season. I agree, we spend a lot of time lounging at the pools and I feel this would wreck it. Thanks again for the useful information!

I'm from Florida and they are cyclical, some years are worse than other. I remember them being os thick one year you would have to wash your car every day, other years you hardly noticed them. It has more to do with other factors if there will be a lot of them or not.

We were there the same week in 2006, and as others said, the lovebugs were EVERYWHERE!!!:headache: We had to leave MGM one day because we couldn't navigate through the swarms.:furious: We talked to someone from Georgia on that trip and she said that by the first week of Oct they usually disappear.:woohoo: I told DH that I would never go in Sept again because of this, even with the free dining promo.

Thanks.....I feel better:goodvibes

I was in WDW last memorial day week and there were lovebugs.
It was still managable I think because there was 20 mile an hour winds most of the week. Which was perfect....kept me cool and the bugs at a minimum.
Kerri

Thanks.....I feel better:goodvibes

I was in WDW last memorial day week and there were lovebugs.
It was still managable I think because there was 20 mile an hour winds most of the week. Which was perfect....kept me cool and the bugs at a minimum.
Kerri

Glad I could help. Keep in mind that many people say that 2006 was one of the worst years of late and not all seasons have been this bad. Still, for me, even though they don't bite, I don't want to have them around. They were on every lounge chair, bench, ride seat, etc. I had to specially treat my clothes when I got home to get the little bug carcass remains off of them.:faint:

Are there more of them at night or during the day?

Also, does bug spray or centranella candles work to keep them at bay?

We were there last week and saw only a few until we got off the bus at BCV on Friday, Sept 26. The benches there were crawling with them. Yesterday when we left for the airport we were splatting them left and right. Yuck....

Spent September 12th to 20th at WDW this year, and saw very very few love bugs. I was pleasantly surprised! I had visited our DS in Baton Rouge one year in September, and it was like a plague, so they can be bothersom, but not for us, not this year. We stayed at AKV, VWL and BCV. We enjoyed different themes!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We were at the Poly from 21-26 and saw only a couple lovebugs. They were not a problem anywhere we went and Iam phobic about bugs.

Just back from BC and they were EVERYWHERE! While hanging at the pool Saturday we had to keep swatting them away. We didn't really notice them as thick anywhere else on property. I guess they wanted to pool-hop? :confused3

We just got back last night and they were everywhere !
We were there for 12 days and they just started showing up the last few.
They were kind of annoying but you can just shoe them away...

They are pretty thick right now, but the number you will see really depends on the location. I saw a lot of them near the water at DTD. I also saw quite a few around the tram at TTC. I didn't notice very many at Epcot while I was at the F&WF. They are pretty thick around my house.

We were there 9/25-9/29/07 and they were bad by the end of the trip- I remember in 07 them being especially bad at AK on the trams....not sure if it was the particular day or the place. Just got back from a 9/24-9/28/08 and saw a few at the beginning but by the end they were getting bad....lots over the bridge to the pool at POR. Saw more than anywhere else at AK again this year, but still not as many as last year at the same time.

Sooooo, it's a gamble- too difficult to predict when they will be around or if it will be a bad year or not.

We just got back home last night, stayed 9/26-9/28 and they were pretty bad in the afternoons from around 1 pm to 5 pm. Those are nasty little buggars.

Suzanne

We were at CSR 9/21-9/28 and we didn't see any until Friday 9/26. We at the pool and you had stay in the pool to avoid them. I live in FL so I'm used to it but still it's very annoying!

We just got back last night, and the love bugs started to show up on Thursday (9/25), got worse on Friday (9/26), and were EVERYWHERE by Saturday (9/27). Blech!

*Funny note: A little girl was standing behind us while we were waiting for a bus back to the resort. Out of the blue, she told me that they were called love bugs because they were always "kissing." Ummm...okay. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter