• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lovebugs are back!

fla4fun

DIS Veteran
I had to wash lovebugs off the car yesterday for the first time this spring, so if you're heading this way soon, be prepared!

Yeah, I took the dog for a walk last night, and they were flying into my hair. I had it up in a bun, and had to take it down when I got inside because a couple got stuck in it. :rotfl:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:eek:

That was my response also. I was hoping they wouldn't be there until mid-May. We headout for Disney at the end of next week and am not anxious to deal with them. Nevermind the mess they make on the front of the motorhome during the drive down. Yuck!!

How long to they typically hang around? I can't stand them!

Typically about six weeks or so, but it seems like they are at their worst around week four. I'm hoping this will be a light season and they will clear out quickly. I only had to wash one off the car yesterday . . . .

We're leaving wed. arriving friday afternoon. Saw this post and just put 3 coats of wax on the front of the MH. Thanks for the heads up!

Hope they are light this year. One year when we were there (2006 or 07?) they were so bad that we couldn't even sit at the pool because they were covering us. Our bags and towels were literally black because there were so many on them. Awful.

I thought that the Love Bugs came out in late Summer or Fall. I've heard about how bad they can be but we've never seen them.

They come out May-ish and September-ish, so they're a week or two early, but not heavy yet. I'm only washing two or three a day off the car, which is manageable. I hope that means they won't be heavy this year, but maybe I'm just dealing with the early risers!

Hope they are light this year. One year when we were there (2006 or 07?) they were so bad that we couldn't even sit at the pool because they were covering us. Our bags and towels were literally black because there were so many on them. Awful.

We are at FW right now and so far they have been very light. A few here and there at the pool and a few on the front of me vehicle from the late night Wallyworld run last night. Of course it could just be the calm before the storm so to speak.

Just throw'n this out there, , , if ya gotta little time on your hands a a buncha xtra Chap-sticks lay'n around from winter , you could use'm on the front of your vehicle ,,:lmao:

I thought that the Love Bugs came out in late Summer or Fall. I've heard about how bad they can be but we've never seen them.

They usually appear in May and September every year. They are always linked together in twos (hence the name) and unlike other bugs, they don't get out of your way :scared:

So they land on you, your stuff, your cars, your dog, etc. And they eat the paint off of vehicles.

We were swimming at the BC pool a few years ago, and had to get out because there were so many. when we went to get our towels, shoes and bags, they were almost the color Black because there were so many lovebugs on there. You have to shake them off of everything. Nasty! :eek:

I can live with that,
as long as they don't eat the whole car ! :lmao:

They don't eat the paint, it just seems that way cause it's so hard to get the splatter off the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter