Lovebug update?

Boardwalker

DIS Veteran
At the beginning of May I had been seeing lovebugs mentioned.
I am a week away from coming home to my beloved BWV.
To any of you who have just been or are there now, how are the little two headed monsters doing? Are they over and done? Please?

We just got back today and we only saw a few love bugs around....but we did see plenty of cars with them plastered all over their grills....so they are around, just not at any of the parks or BLT that we saw.

Thanks Mouse.
I hate the little buggers.
There are two seasons, May and September usually.
They don't bite or anything, they just swarm and their remnants need to be washed off your car because they can get acidic and affect your paint.

They seem to be in 'clusters' around central FL. Saw very, very few while at WDW this week. Hit a cluster of them on the FL Turnpike yesterday, but that was it. Glad we had a rental car!! ;)

Very interesting. I have never heard about love bugs. I have never seen them or been bothered by them...Maybe I missed the season

We were just at OKW May 1-9 and there were plenty of love bugs! They were mostly by the pool as they seem to like the certain bushes and flowers that were poolside at the main pool :( We had to move to different chairs by the pool as they were swarming us! They were also flying around our balcony! I guess they like the vegetation best at OKW?

The only lovebugs you need to worry about are the black ones. The greenish ones are harmless; only the black ones are flesh-eaters.

We were there April 30 to May 6 and experienced many love bugs----laying at the pool at Kidani was nearly impossible....they just kept landing on us. I would post a photo of our car but don't want to gross anyone out ! ;)

The pesky little love bugs are on their way out. I have seen very few in the last couple of days. The should be gone by the end of the week.

If you are driving your own car, make sure you remove them from the car. Their bodies are know to eat the paint off the car. :confused3

Robert

The pesky little love bugs are on their way out. I have seen very few in the last couple of days. The should be gone by the end of the week.

If you are driving your own car, make sure you remove them from the car. Their bodies are know to eat the paint off the car. :confused3

Robert

WOW ! :scared1: So glad we did run it through a car wash within 24 hours of attack !

Omg we went during lovebug season last Sept and they were everywhere! I found dead ones inside our car for weeeeeeeks! I'm glad they are on their way out since we're coming down in 3 weeks!

We just returned from a visit to central FL, and came home with a car plastered with lovebugs.

We live over by Disney Vero Beach and my morning tomorrow will involve cleaning a mass of the bugs off the front of our Jeep. We had some intense rains last weekend and that brought them out in droves. Can't open a door without them coming in the car or house right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter