• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Love Magical Express- Frustrated with Disney!

suedaisy

Mouseketeer
As recommended, I contacted Disney 30 days ago to add my flight information for Magical Express. I am traveling with several family members. I will be sharing my room with my parents. Two weeks ago, I contacted Disney as I had not received my Magical Express packet and luggage tags. I explained that my parents had received their packet and tags. The castmember looked up my reservations and said that my packet was being sent to my address (different from my parents) and should arrive shortly. I have checked my mail and still no packet. I called again today. I decided to call Magical Express directly. The staff member at Magical Express said that they had no record of me having any airport transfers and that they never send packets to two different postal addresses. They kindly added my information. I requested that since “I did nothing wrong” that they overnight my packet and luggage tags. This request was denied. I was instructed to wait in the Magical Express line with my claims tickets.
I became concerned that something was wrong with my reservation as it is uncommon for Disney to make this mistake – twice. I called Disney and the castmember double checked and saw that everything appears okay now. I asked if my packet and tags could be overnighted as I followed the rules- pay 45 days out, add Magical Express 30 days out, call if you do not receive it by 14 days out. My request was denied as Magical Express was described as “complimentary.” As a frequent guest, I am willing to pay a premium for premium service. This service was not even average. If I had only called one time, I would understand that I just reached an untrained castmember, but I called twice and was told the packet was in the mail- in fact the person provided the day that my packet was mailed, but it was not as two packets are never mailed to different addresses. (I never requested this and was happy to get my slip and tag from my family members).

I sent an email to Disney as this was bad- I was told completely wrong information.

As recommended, I contacted Disney 30 days ago to add my flight information for Magical Express. I am traveling with several family members. I will be sharing my room with my parents. Two weeks ago, I contacted Disney as I had not received my Magical Express packet and luggage tags. I explained that my parents had received their packet and tags. The castmember looked up my reservations and said that my packet was being sent to my address (different from my parents) and should arrive shortly. I have checked my mail and still no packet. I called again today. I decided to call Magical Express directly. The staff member at Magical Express said that they had no record of me having any airport transfers and that they never send packets to two different postal addresses. They kindly added my information. I requested that since “I did nothing wrong” that they overnight my packet and luggage tags. This request was denied. I was instructed to wait in the Magical Express line with my claims tickets.
I became concerned that something was wrong with my reservation as it is uncommon for Disney to make this mistake – twice. I called Disney and the castmember double checked and saw that everything appears okay now. I asked if my packet and tags could be overnighted as I followed the rules- pay 45 days out, add Magical Express 30 days out, call if you do not receive it by 14 days out. My request was denied as Magical Express was described as “complimentary.” As a frequent guest, I am willing to pay a premium for premium service. This service was not even average. If I had only called one time, I would understand that I just reached an untrained castmember, but I called twice and was told the packet was in the mail- in fact the person provided the day that my packet was mailed, but it was not as two packets are never mailed to different addresses. (I never requested this and was happy to get my slip and tag from my family members).

I sent an email to Disney as this was bad- I was told completely wrong information.
I'm sorry you've had problems. Just because I don't want to assume, DID your parents have your ME tickets & tags?

Or, did they have extra tags you could use?

I will be sharing my room with my parents.
I explained that my parents had received their packet and tags.
Normally, Disney sends out one DME packet to one mailing address (to the person who "owns" the room reservation) for one room. The DME packet covers everyone who is on the room reservation, even if everyone has a different flight from a different home airport. I'm surprised the Cast Member said you would also receive tags at your address. I'm not surprised that you didn't receive them.

I assume your parents "own" the room reservation. Make sure your parents have you listed on that room reservation (otherwise no Magical Express, no Extra Magic Hours, no MagicBand, no FastPass Plus, and, for that matter, technically, you can't sleep in the room).

If everything is okay with the reservation, ask your parents if they have your yellow DME tags.

By the way, there is no reason to wait until 30 days before travel to make DME reservations.

Typically all reservations use my name as the "lead," however this trip my mom had the free dining PIN, so it is her name. When I called to check on the packet (two weeks ago), I explained to the castmember that my parents DID receive their Magical Express packet with JUST their names and their yellow tags. The castmember said that a separate packet was mailed to me at my address. When I called yesterday (and spoke directly to Magical Express), I learned that they did not have a record for me. I was stressed and called Disney (as I feared that I was not even on the reservation- although it all pops up on my Disney Experience)... I am on the reservation and it is all settled (from Disney's perspective). I am still frustrated that I was given wrong information- twice. For future trips, if I do not receive my information three weeks out, I will call Magical Express directly. Disney castmember did tell me that they had a computer problem with all of this.

Typically all reservations use my name as the "lead," however this trip my mom had the free dining PIN, so it is her name. When I called to check on the packet (two weeks ago), I explained to the castmember that my parents DID receive their Magical Express packet with JUST their names and their yellow tags. The castmember said that a separate packet was mailed to me at my address. When I called yesterday (and spoke directly to Magical Express), I learned that they did not have a record for me. I was stressed and called Disney (as I feared that I was not even on the reservation- although it all pops up on my Disney Experience)... I am on the reservation and it is all settled (from Disney's perspective). I am still frustrated that I was given wrong information- twice. For future trips, if I do not receive my information three weeks out, I will call Magical Express directly. Disney castmember did tell me that they had a computer problem with all of this.

The yellow tags come to whoever (whomever?) the reservation name is under. So your Mom should have your tags.

They should say MomDaisy/MomDaisy, MomDaisy/DadDaisy and MomDaisy/SueDaisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter