"lounge hopping' for Mom/Dad night out at DW

MissMellie

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

11 day and counting until the Poly for us!!! Yea!!! I had a question. My kids will be in the Neverland Club for a night or two during our stay and I'm looking for a nice lounge so hubby and I can get a drink or two. I heard the lounge at the GF is nice but forgot the name....begins with an M.

Any suggestions? We were going to go out and have an nice dinner but thought maybe some "lounge hopping" would be better and then end up at Epcot to sample food for the Food and Wine Festival.

Any suggestions?

Not on the monorail route but POR has a great lounge. The River Roost is complete with a lounge act (really good) and they have huge overstuffed loveseats and a fireplace. They have good appetizers and some of the absolute best drinks I've ever had at WDW. If you don't want to be right in the main lounge where the singer is, you can sit over on the side by the fireplace...that's where we sat and it was great! Nice and cosy!My personal favorite drink is Miss Melodies Colada...well worth a try.

Have fun and be safe!

I love the Belleview Room at the Boardwalk! Sitting in a big comfy chair sippin' a sidecar with the old radio shows playing. It's within walking distance of Epcot. :earsboy:

Hi There! While all the suggestions are great, you probably want to be able to get back to the Neverland club without any driving. Heather is right...the "Monorail drink-a-thon" thread is great! Over on the theme parks board. Sorry, I do not know how to do links or I would provide one!

Why don't you drop the kiddos off at neverland and hit the Tambu lounge at the Poly? Most people agree that the "Lapu Lapu" served in a hollowed out pineapple is their specialty drink! I have also had a "backscratcher" there that was POWERFUL!

Then, you can hop on the monorail and hit Mizner's at the Grand Floridian. That is the lounge that will forever be in my heart as it was the first place I ever had my now "signature drink," a dirty martini! mmmm!

Then get back on the monorail and hit the Contemporary and the "Outer Rim Lounge!" beautiful place!

Now, if you are still feeling ok, take the boat to the Wilderness Lodge and go to my all time favorite (so far, at least) resort lounge, the Territory Lounge!

You can then take the boat back to the Contemporary and ride the monorail back to the Poly!

Have fun and be safe! My DH and I ALWAYS have at least one night where we check DD into a kid's club and have cocktails, dinner and "alone time" in our room! This next trip in Oct we are looking forward to putting DD in Camp Dolphin and drinking and dining at "BlueZoo!"

Wow, all the replies were great!!! Thanks so much. I think I'll take the advice of one who says to hit all the bars on the Monorail line just to stay close to the NL club where my babies will be. Plus, we don't have to wait for a bus or anything.

Thanks to all here on the boards...you all are wonderful!!

Yes, check out the Monorail Drink a Thon thread.

My DH and I plan to do this on December 8th and end up at WL for dinner at the Artist Point. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter