louisiana

I'm going to ask my Louisiana peeps this question since most visitors to Disney during Mardi Gras week is us cajuns.....I would like to plan a trip to Disney World next Mardi Gras (2010) but Mardi Gras will be early next year. The date is Feb 16 which I think is the same date as President's week. I've often heard that President's week in the parks is VERY crowded. Can anyone tell me if this is true.

Now MG the next year (2011) is on March 8. I was thinking of planning for then in hopes that it may coincide with EPCOT Flower and Garden Fest. Does anyone know if the Flower and Garden Fest. is always on the same dates? I hate to wait till 2011 but I can't disturb hunting season or jazzfest and don't want summer crowds I figured MG would be my best time to go.

I'm going to ask my Louisiana peeps this question since most visitors to Disney during Mardi Gras week is us cajuns.....I would like to plan a trip to Disney World next Mardi Gras (2010) but Mardi Gras will be early next year. The date is Feb 16 which I think is the same date as President's week. I've often heard that President's week in the parks is VERY crowded. Can anyone tell me if this is true.

Now MG the next year (2011) is on March 8. I was thinking of planning for then in hopes that it may coincide with EPCOT Flower and Garden Fest. Does anyone know if the Flower and Garden Fest. is always on the same dates? I hate to wait till 2011 but I can't disturb hunting season or jazzfest and don't want summer crowds I figured MG would be my best time to go.

I've always been told the rule of thumb is to avoid Mardi Gras the week that it coincides with President's Week. The Mardi Gras crowd, combined with President's Week crowd pushes it closer to Easter crowds.

We're thinking about booking the 2011 Mardi Gras.

Although next year might be a better option for us, because as my wife understands it, our local school system will split up the Easter vacation due to testing. I think we may end up trying to take advantage of that because the second half of their Easter vacation is actually like a week after Easter when crowds are at their lowest in WDW.

I've always been told the rule of thumb is to avoid Mardi Gras the week that it coincides with President's Week. The Mardi Gras crowd, combined with President's Week crowd pushes it closer to Easter crowds.

We're thinking about booking the 2011 Mardi Gras.

Although next year might be a better option for us, because as my wife understands it, our local school system will split up the Easter vacation due to testing. I think we may end up trying to take advantage of that because the second half of their Easter vacation is actually like a week after Easter when crowds are at their lowest in WDW.
that's interesting about the spilt in the Easter break -- for the first time if it falls state wide -- that would allow us to travel w/o the huge crowds

Good evening everyone i'm over here in Slidell enjoying this nice weather we have here today considering the bad storms we've had for the last couple days. Well i guess i wont have to water my plants soon.

Can someone answer this question for me. We are planning a disney trip and I was looking at the dates of May 7-12, would that be considered an off peak time with no large crowd level? I'm so tired of standing in hour long line for a 3 minute ride.

Can someone answer this question for me. We are planning a disney trip and I was looking at the dates of May 7-12, would that be considered an off peak time with no large crowd level? I'm so tired of standing in hour long line for a 3 minute ride.

From what i understand the crowds are a bit lighter than the summer, but not at their lowest. When we went in April, the last week, it was about a 30-40 min average wait time for the bigger rides and a 20-30 for the rest, not anywhere near as bad as July or August. We will be hitting the parks in Sept this year, from what i hear it is the best time for ride lines and low crowds. Good luck!!

As for Mardi Gras, the one time we visited during MG, in 1992, the crowds were pretty thick, not to mention disney does a MG parade and some special stff at DTD and PI, you will also have the Universal MG themed events will pull some crowds. I, personall, would try for the 2011 MG, it will be much better if it is not with PW, ive heard combined the two can cause higher crowds.

Since that coincides with Mother's day it may have crowds. Usually May is safe from the crowds. We have gone in the latter part of May and it wasn't bad. The last time we went was the week after Thanksgiving. It was nice for crowds, but the Cast Members said the next week (first week of Dec.) would have been even better. The next time we decide to do Disney near Christmas we will pick the frist week in Dec. Actually, Halloween was more enjoyable for us.

Hi! Louisiana girl here from St. Francisville. I now live in Iowa but home is LA!
:woohoo: My husband and I will be celebrating our 15th Ann. at Disney this Sept.:yay:

Thanks for the replies! I like to see how everyone 'gets there'...from Louisiana...

I can't speak to the different times of year to go....we have 3 teens and always end up going peak time - July - due to school schedules....

But it seems that I once found (on allearsnet.com?) a list of "historical" number of visitors by week or maybe even day of the year...

Our latest visits have included an "off-site" stay. Once I found a Comfort Suites near "US". (The other place....I promise....I only 'cheat' on Walt one day because the teenagers make me). The Comfort Suites had 2 queens, 1 fold out sofa, micro, refrig, free b'fast for $99 per night...

Then we head to BC to enjoy SAB.

I'm new on this blog....does anyone know how I can make the threads I would like to follow pop up at the top when I log in?

Hugs!

Hi All from the City of Central! Just booked free dining at the end of Sept! Anyone else going at that time?:cool1:

hey ya'll from New Orleans major Disneyaholic!!!!:cool1: We'll be in WDW for FD Sept. 19-27!!!!!!!!!!!

Since that coincides with Mother's day it may have crowds. Usually May is safe from the crowds. We have gone in the latter part of May and it wasn't bad. The last time we went was the week after Thanksgiving. It was nice for crowds, but the Cast Members said the next week (first week of Dec.) would have been even better. The next time we decide to do Disney near Christmas we will pick the frist week in Dec. Actually, Halloween was more enjoyable for us.

I know mother's day is that sunday so I figured that would be my gift to me. But then if I go at the end of the month then I run the risk of memorial day and Graduation night for the locals and for some reason I thought they close the park early for the kids who have Graduation night at the park.

Can someone correct me if i'm wrong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter