Louisiana/Cajun Style Restaurant?

kkandaj

No longer a lurker
DH and MIL are from Louisiana, but we live in KC now and MIL lives in Washington DC. They miss southern, cajun style foods and I would like to surprise them by sending them on a date to a Louisiana style restaurant one night. Any suggestions? They can be on or off site.

Thank you!

DH and MIL are from Louisiana, but we live in KC now and MIL lives in Washington DC. They miss southern, cajun style foods and I would like to surprise them by sending them on a date to a Louisiana style restaurant one night. Any suggestions? They can be on or off site.

Thank you!

I don't know but I'D LOVE to know this too. I love cajun food.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and we booked a res at their table service restaurant "Boatwright's". Menu looked pretty good and definitely has a New Orleans/Cajun flair. Seemed to get pretty good reviews.
Also, I believe you can find the menu on this site under the dining tab.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and we booked a res at their table service restaurant "Boatwright's". Menu looked pretty good and definitely has a New Orleans/Cajun flair. Seemed to get pretty good reviews.
Also, I believe you can find the menu on this site under the dining tab.

Thanks for this info! I made a ressie for them and then we will meet them after dinner at the resort. I scheduled carriage rides for all of us to look at POR and POFQ. They will get a little taste of "home" while we are on vacation. We don't get back to Louisiana enough (I was prego with DS last time we went and he's 4 now:guilty:), so this will be a nice treat! Thanks again for the suggestion!

Not sure which way youre coming down, but there is a amazing cajun restaurant in Atlanta called Pappadeaux. Its a chain, but theres a reason theyre still in business.

Wish there was a nice OP place to get my cajun and Creole on at...

House of Blues is ok, but looking for something a little more hole in the wall esque. :)

Thanks for this info! I made a ressie for them and then we will meet them after dinner at the resort. I scheduled carriage rides for all of us to look at POR and POFQ. They will get a little taste of "home" while we are on vacation. We don't get back to Louisiana enough (I was prego with DS last time we went and he's 4 now:guilty:), so this will be a nice treat! Thanks again for the suggestion!

No problem! You can just bring me some ribs/bbq and leave it at the front desk if you're there before May 5.

I also heard good things about Fat Fish Blue on I-drive although it opened after I moved out of Lake Buena Vista so I never got to try it.

No problem! You can just bring me some ribs/bbq and leave it at the front desk if you're there before May 5.��

Too bad we won't be there before May 5th. Our family makes our own bbq sauce, recipe goes back 5 generations. ;) KC does have amazing bbq!

I also heard good things about Fat Fish Blue on I-drive although it opened after I moved out of Lake Buena Vista so I never got to try it.

Very good place, on the second floor of Pointe Orlando. Only open Thursday - Saturday (or maybe Wednesday) tho.

Maybe BB Kings can be an option for you. Take a look at the menu. If you like what you see, you can order a certificate from restaurant.com. I will be there in July, and I am ordering a certificate for it since I always wanted to try it. I think its nice what you are planning for your DH and MIL. Good luck!!!! :goodvibes

I hope Boatwrights works out for you! I havent found any authentic cajun restraunts at disney yet, but my expectations are really high! If you come across a Pappadeaux along the way, the food is really wonderful!!!

Very good place, on the second floor of Pointe Orlando. Only open Thursday - Saturday (or maybe Wednesday) tho.

I came in to recommend Fat Fish Blue too. It's also a comedy club though, not sure if that is a turn off though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter