loud group

naruto

"The only time I give my opponent 1% is before the
This my 3rd night at Pop century. Never again!!! There is a large group of about 6-10 40-50 year old men drinking and hanging outside. They are so loud we cannot sleep. My wife does not feel safe with them around. Called security and nothing was done. They just told us we can move you now if you want at 1130 pm. Sorry for venting but I been to Disney almost once a year and this never happened.

This my 3rd night at Pop century. Never again!!! There is a large group of about 6-10 40-50 year old men drinking and hanging outside. They are so loud we cannot sleep. My wife does not feel safe with them around. Called security and nothing was done. They just told us we can move you now if you want at 1130 pm. Sorry for venting but I been to Disney almost once a year and this never happened.

I can't believe security won't do anything. It has happened once before but it was due to a group of kids and we took the move. Sorry that rowdy adults are ruining your trip.

I have this happen at the Yacht Club, I was staying club level. There was a loud party way to loud. I got dressed and walked down stairs & went to Front Desk & talked to a manager. He called Disney security. Nothing they were still loud. So I called the police dept & it was quiet soon afterward. The officer told me if it happen again just call them as Disney security sometimes can't make them stop. ( sic they don't want to make them upset & lose the Disney spirit) Next morning the manager asked if it helped & I told him Disney security no but the police did. Told him I never called Disney security again. I might mention some of the people was outside yelling up to a floor on other side of the resort & not on club level. I paid a lot of money to be bother with loud noises. I need my sleep at 3am. What about my Disney spirit? Why should I have to move? Wouldn't do any good aas I would still hear them.

My advice call the police if happen again.

I agree. Call the police next time. That will definitely get Disney's attention.

Incidentally, similar to one of the reasons we hated our stay at POP. Loud loud clusters of people, socializing late hours outside of the room doors, and way more unsupervised preteens+. And this was on a very low crowd January weekend. I've stayed at WDW hotels 6 times and DCL 3 times, and this is the only resort I've experienced this level of this behavior at.

Last edited:

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I think it's so wrong to call the police over hotel noise. Sure it's disruptive to you, but you're not in any immediate danger. I would think the police have more important things to do than hear you complaining over some loud guests. I would continue to go down to the front desk and let the hotel do something about it. Sure they don't want to be "un-disney" to these loud guests, but it's ruining YOUR experience too. Let the hotel handle it - even if that means they can't control the noise and comp your night or give you something else for your inconvenience. The police are for danger and crime, not because you can't sleep over some loud hotel guests.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I think it's so wrong to call the police over hotel noise. Sure it's disruptive to you, but you're not in any immediate danger. I would think the police have more important things to do than hear you complaining over some loud guests. I would continue to go down to the front desk and let the hotel do something about it. Sure they don't want to be "un-disney" to these loud guests, but it's ruining YOUR experience too. Let the hotel handle it - even if that means they can't control the noise and comp your night or give you something else for your inconvenience. The police are for danger and crime, not because you can't sleep over some loud hotel guests.
How about disturbing the peace? Our local police respond to those calls all the time.

She's from Brooklyn and she's afraid of a group of loud middle aged guys at a Disney resort?

I'm sorry you didn't get satisfaction over the phone. I don't know if you are aware , but calling the "front desk" calls a central call center. The only way to talk directly to someone at your resort is to go to the front desk.

How about disturbing the peace? Our local police respond to those calls all the time.

I dunno, just my opinion, but I hardly think a bunch of loud hotel guests on vacation warrants a call to the police department. Like I said, I believe the hotel staff/hotel security should take care of this, and if they can't, offer some sort of compensation to the hotel guests its affecting. But the police? Because you can't sleep? A loud out of control party in a neighborhood where potentially things could get dangerous and out of hand - definitely call the police. But people laughing a little too loudly after hours while on vacation? Calling the police seems a little silly for that.

from Brooklyn and she's afraid of a group of loud middle aged guys at a Disney resort?

I'm sorry you didn't get satisfaction over the phone. I don't know if you are aware , but calling the "front desk" calls a central call center. The only way to talk directly to someone at your resort is to go to the front desk.

Clearly one of the more fou-fou sections of Brooklyn. She'd never make it in my neighborhood :P

And yes - the "front desk" button is not connecting you to someone on resort property. You need to brave the big bad middle aged guys and go to the front desk.

I dunno, just my opinion, but I hardly think a bunch of loud hotel guests on vacation warrants a call to the police department. Like I said, I believe the hotel staff/hotel security should take care of this, and if they can't, offer some sort of compensation to the hotel guests its affecting. But the police? Because you can't sleep? A loud out of control party in a neighborhood where potentially things could get dangerous and out of hand - definitely call the police. But people laughing a little too loudly after hours while on vacation? Calling the police seems a little silly for that.
Well, I don't think it's silly if the on-site security folks won't handle it. I also think that offering to move the OP at 11:30pm is not an acceptable solution either.

My wife grew up in bushwick Brooklyn by the way but when have little kids with you, you have to be careful. The resort was getting a lot of complaints too about these groups everywhere and some people were too scared to complain. They manage to move us to a different resort for the rest of our stay. There was a central and South American older generation of soccer players doing a tournament this week

My wife grew up in bushwick Brooklyn by the way but when have little kids with you, you have to be careful. The resort was getting a lot of complaints too about these groups everywhere and some people were too scared to complain. They manage to move us to a different resort for the rest of our stay. There was a central and South American older generation of soccer players doing a tournament this week

You shouldn't have to comment on that to defend yourself. These boards are often used to belittle people, but there are many other nice people who offer helpful comments. Glad you got your rooming straightened out so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

If anyone think calling the police is wrong for anything is wrong. They respond to any given cause. I made my statement about my experience. The first time I let the resort handle it and they did a very poor job. I happen to be at the AK and there was an Orange County Deputy. I was talking to him and he told me never call Disney security but the police or the sheriff dept. as that what they are there for. He gave me a card and said to call no matter how small the problem was.

Disney doesn't handle disputes very well. They think the people causing the problems has more rights than those who are the victims so to speak. If they can't control the noisy guests they should be moved or told if it happens again they are out period.

I also experienced an incident at the WL where I thought the man with his two children in the room next to mine was throwing his child across the room hitting the wall. I walked down and inform the front desk. Yes they did call Disney Security nothing. An hour later I heard the noise again. This time I called the police. They came and went into the room to find the little boy beaten black and blue. The older sister said the Dad did it before Disney Security came up ( Disney Security didn't not ask to see the boy in question ). But the police did. Needless to say the father was a beater. I had to tesitfiy for the police what I heard etc. the Mom was at the court house and thanked me for doing what I did. She lived in Florida and was divorced and the father had the kids that week. He took them to Disney. This gave her fuel to get full custody of her son and daughter. I still get Christmas cards from her.

Last edited:

Sorry but I disagree. They are there for any reason what ever the reason is as you don't know what is really going on..just loud noise or more than that? If the hotel doesn't handle it then it in the person to decide what to do next.

Had the same type of thing happen at CSR last year, asked them myself once, called the desk then I got dressed and really ruined their party, 6-3, 200 pound cop on vacation isn't the thing to have mad at you at 3am.

Good for you.

I am surprised that security haven't taken action.

We have had two issues like this - both in Deluxe hotels in Orlando (so not just the values). The worst incident was at Wilderness Lodge when the room next door decided to have an all night party. We called security at something like 2am which shut them up for a while but they started up again and security paid them another visit a couple of hours later. No sleep for us that night.

We cheered when they checked out next day.

Middle-aged, South American Soccer Players?!? :crazy2: LOL. Oh....maaahhhnnnn... I am so sorry, OP. What a ridiculous situation.

I need my sleep. I mean....I NEED my sleep.

I don't think I would have called the police, but they might have needed to. :crutches:

All kidding (ahem) aside, I do wish Disney Security were a lot tougher on these inconsiderate morons of all ages and nationalities. There is a way to handle these without using a tazer and yet making them stop disturbing the other guests.

OP, I hope you wrote a letter to corporate. ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter