• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lou Mongello mentioned Bob's passing towards the end of his show

I'll have to listen. I jsut don't really feel like listening to podcasts lately :sad2:

I'm just not ready to continue listening yet...

I've met Lou and he's :thumbsup2 in my book and this just confirms it. I haven't listened to Ricky's show yet but he's a great guy as well. I heard Bryan Ripper and Mike mention Bawb's passing on their respective shows. :goodvibes

We are all apart of a Disney community :grouphug: It makes me feel fortunate to be apart of all these different podcasts and forums that show their respect. I'm sure other podcasts will also pay their respect once they hear.

Inside the Magic was the first podcast that I ever listen to. I then found Lou's WDWradio podcast. Then found my home at the DIS. All these people are class acts. Ricky B and Lou M handle themselve with dignity, and constantly show respect for others.

Thetwo of them speaking of Bawb doesn't surprise me a bit. Kudo's to both of them.

Where is Lou's post posted?

ps. The DIS is the only podcast that I know that is still funny and entertaining enough to relisten to... again... and again... and again...

Yeah, I'm sorry, it wasn't really worth mentioning, I was irked by it at the time though. I doubt it was a subtle tribute, he seemed like maybe he was reading something, maybe it was just a typo. :confused3 It was nice of them to mention it, I listened to Laughing Place's podcast for May 2nd and they didn't, I was a little surprised.

Bryan is a fairly new listener to the show, so I think he just made a mistake on Bawb's last name. I almost mentioned it to him on his boards, but knew it just an honest mistake and didn't want to embarrass him.

Inside the Magic was the first podcast that I ever listen to. I then found Lou's WDWradio podcast. Then found my home at the DIS. All these people are class acts. Ricky B and Lou M handle themselve with dignity, and constantly show respect for others.

Thetwo of them speaking of Bawb doesn't surprise me a bit. Kudo's to both of them.

Where is Lou's post posted?

ps. The DIS is the only podcast that I know that is still funny and entertaining enough to relisten to... again... and again... and again...

Lou replied here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1808188&page=27

Here's what he said:

Although I have not posted here before, I wanted to come on and offer my sincerest condolences to Bob's family - both his immediate and extended here on the DIS and on the DISUnplugged.

It's of course always sad when someone passes, but when we as an entire community of Disney fans lose a fellow member, it's even harder. Although I did not know him personally, I can see from the outpouring of support both here and elsewhere online that he was a friend to many, and enjoyed by even more.

I know that podcasts allow both hosts and listeners to connect in a very personal way, and I'm sure that many of you felt Bob was a friend, even though you may never have met him in person. The entire Disney podcast community feels a loss today as well.

Again, my heartfelt condolences to all of you who suffered a loss from his passing.

Inside the Magic was the first podcast that I ever listen to. I then found Lou's WDWradio podcast. Then found my home at the DIS. All these people are class acts.

That is funny. I went in the exact opposite order! My first podcast was DIS then WDW and then Inside The Magic. I remember thinking who the heck is this Bawb guy that talks so funny about the Kah Pahk? I was hooked from then on!

I think anyone messing up Bawbs name would be :thumbsup2 with him. Remember this is BAWB we are tlaking about, he had his own "Bawb club" and he read emails that were about HIM :rotfl2: Bawb would be thrilled to be mentioned, name wrong or not, I am sure of it :goodvibes

I was the Angie who sent the email to Ricky. I didn't expect him to read it and offer condolences on his podcast. So of course, driving to work this morning, I hear him read my email and talk a bit about Bob and the Dis unplugged and I started crying.

I think Bob would be amazed at all these people who respect and honored him. And I think he would love it!

Lou's post was perfect. We really feel like we have lost a "true friend," but it's so nice that our community cares this much!

We miss you, Bawb!

There was also a mention of Bob's passing in the "Magically Speaking" newsletter I got today from "The magic for less".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter