• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

lottery wedding dates

jan120

Earning My Ears
What is the experience for brides in the lottery for their wedding date, venue, time..I understand from my consultant there are several brides in the lottery with me....I am just wondering how far out or how many times it has taken others to get their request confirmed..thanks all...this is already very frustrating

When DH and I had chosen a date, our planner told us that four other couples had chosen that date/time/location so we would be placed in the lottery. We discussed it, and didn't want the stress of the lottery if we could avoid it.
We changed our date to the day before (Thursday) that nobody had, and we got it no problem :thumbsup2 We were told that typically Mon-Thurs are not popular enough for multiple couples requesting the same date/time/location unless on the claendar it is a special day.
Good luck!

Our wedding is in October of next year and we were told by our consultant that that was a very popular time and the lottery would probably be necessary. Because of this, she had us develop a back up plan. She put us in for 2 other dates (with our 3 requested times) as well as our ideal date. They will not do your lottery until EXACTLY one year out from the date you are putting in for and then it takes 3-4 days for them to let you know how it turned out. We heard from our consultant exactly 4 days after the lottery and we got our first choice date AND time. I'm not saying everyone's experience will be like this but the lottery turned out not to be as scary for us as it seemed. Also, since she had us choose 2 backup dates we honestly would have been happy with our second choice (the third not so much) and we were just pleasantly surprised to have gotten what we wanted! I hope this helps a little as the whole lottery thing was frustrating to me at the time as well. Especially since we had our in person site visit around 18 months out!

Thanks for the comments and input...I wish we could change to a Mon-Thursday but that is not possible with schedules....we did not get the Oct date...which was not our top choice...we are in the lottery for November dates...hoping and praying to get one of our two remaining dates....if not I don't know what we will do..thanks again..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter