Lottery for December

DisneyFairy19

Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been
HI all

Well I spoke to Heidi from DFTW yesterday and she has us down for Feb 9, 2008 for a 5pm wedding at WP and then Reception at GF. I told her that it was a little too soon for us being that we are trying to save for a house. Thankfully my parents are paying for the wedding so that helps my DF and I alot to only save for a house.. I told her that we would have to do a fall wedding next year. She said that that time is the busiest.:sad1: So upset...
So I am wondering if any of you past brides or soon to be brides had to join a lottery for Oct or Nov. and did you get the date what you somewhat wanted???

Also is December a busy month for Disney Weddings? Do I have to join a lottery too? Did anyone get married in December???hopefully there is no Lottery in Dec. Heidi will be calling me back to day... But I wanted to ask you girls first...

Thank you soo much

feb 9th is my birthday!

We are hoping for an oct 2008 wedding but disney wont let us talk to a planner till april so i'm hoping we get the date we want

I'm not sure how helpful this is. But one of the times I called my WC this past December I wound up talking to her assistant for a bit. When I said something along the lines of "You guys must be really busy right now" she said that actually they weren't. She said October and November were really busy but December "wasn't too bad"

As far as a lottery goes I'm not sure though, I guess it just comes down to how many brides want to get married that day.

It'll all work out, I promise! It did for me. Originally we plannef for May 2007 and wound up bumping up the wedding dramatically. Everything just came together. I'm sure it will for you too! :hug:

I am having my wedding in early December, and I didn't have any problems with time or date. I got my first choice on both. I would imagine they get more brides closer to Christmas and New Years.

We're having a December wedding (12-16-07) and we had no problem booking the date or time (although the 5pm time slot for the WP was already taken, but we're ok with 2:30). We are having a Sunday wedding though, so it might not be as busy as a Saturday.

The first few weeks of December are always a great time to go to the parks because the crowds aren't bad, so I expect that not as many weddings are held during that time either.

Hope this helps!

I don't think december is that busy, especially at the start of the month..closer to the holidays I think it gets a bit busier. I got married Dec. 13 and I did not have to do any lottery or anything. I will say that there was a lot of weddings on the 12 and 14th..so that is why I went with the 13th. December is a really wonderful time at the parks and the resorts..everything is decorated for the holidays and the parks are not that crowded! Also the WP changes their landscaping to have all poinsetta's..it is really beautiful!
Jillian

well I was hoping for Tues Dec 11th this year and requested it thru' my travel agent last Sept. I was just chasing up this weekend and found out that someone else in the UK had also requested the same date/time/location as me but 2 weeks before so they get put forward from my TA not me.
I think really it depends on the day itself, as I really find it hard to believe that 2 UK brides want exactly the same thing 16 months in advance, but it's happened! Good luck on getting the day you want, or maybe you could be a little flexible to be on the safe side.

I don't know if this will impact you or not. They changed the minimums on the Disney website. Now, for a "wishes" wedding, your minimum is based not only on the day, but also on the season. October and November are during the premium season while December is during the regular season.

I don't know if this is something that matters or not. Someone mentioned that as long as you are in the system then you are still under the custom stuff and not the new wishes type. I'm sure it will all work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter