• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lots of time before flight.

Jiffymom

Mouseketeer
I have booked DCL Transportation but our return flight is scheduled for 4:00 so now I am thinking of cancelling return bus. Is there a place to rent a car at the port to go to Down Town Disney then return the car at the airport? Or what do the rest of you recommend? Or should we hire a limo? What would you do with that many hours of free time?

Jiffymom said:
I have booked DCL Transportation but our return flight is scheduled for 4:00 so now I am thinking of cancelling return bus. Is there a place to rent a car at the port to go to Down Town Disney then return the car at the airport? Or what do the rest of you recommend? Or should we hire a limo? What would you do with that many hours of free time?

I believe there is a Budget.. dcltribute.com has lots of insight to rental cars..One thing we may do is The Hyatt at the airport, and rent a day room for about 75$...You can rest, swim, eat, and you are in the airport..Lots have reported this to be a great in-between before getting home.... :goodvibes

We are doing this. Our flight doesn't leave until 7:55pm so we are renting a car with Budget. We have plans to go to Downtown Disney and do Disney Quest and then a nice dinner before we head back to the airport. We did this on our last cruise also. We went to Downtown Disney and had lunch at Rainforest Cafe before heading back to the airport.

Our flight doesn't leave until 845pm so we are renting a car from Budget. They have a shuttle that will come pick you up at the port and take you to their rental place. Then we are going to downtown disney for the day. We might even go to disney quest. We got a mid-size car for $41.00. Just an FYI if you go with Budget sign up for Fastbreak and then do your ressie. They give you a discount price if you do. I found this out b/c my first ressie I did for the day before the cruise I forgot to add my fastbreak number. When I called and told them to add the number it made my price drop down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter