Lot's of simulator rides?

ready4mouse

Mouseketeer
Can somebody help me figure out what most of the simulator rides are like (not sure if that's the right name for them...) I was just looking at UO site and it seems that many of the rides at IOA and US have a movie screen image component to them. I'm envisioning that these are just like Star Tours? Is that correct or are some of them actually rides as well? I'm just a little confused...

USF:
Simpsons Ride: Full Simulator-- car (with an open top) rises up and there's a gigantic movie screen in front of you. No stationary seating.

Jimmy Neutron: Full Simulator: everyone is in a large auditorium, the movie screen is in front of you. Stationary seating is available. Those choosing to ride will feel all the movements that sync with the film.

Shrek 4D: 4D show. Stationary seating available. Most of the seats move (not as much as the two above), there are various water effects, etc.

Terminator 2:3D: combination live action & 3D show. Minimal seat effects.

IOA:
Spider-Man: Simulator/3D/Dark Ride hybrid. No stationary seating. All cars have open tops and move along a designated path. Your part of the car will interact with various screens and lots of motion is involved.

That's it! And nothing is like Star Tours.

USF:
Simpsons Ride: Full Simulator-- car (with an open top) rises up and there's a gigantic movie screen in front of you. No stationary seating.

Jimmy Neutron: Full Simulator: everyone is in a large auditorium, the movie screen is in front of you. Stationary seating is available. Those choosing to ride will feel all the movements that sync with the film.

Shrek 4D: 4D show. Stationary seating available. Most of the seats move (not as much as the two above), there are various water effects, etc.

Terminator 2:3D: combination live action & 3D show. Minimal seat effects.

IOA:
Spider-Man: Simulator/3D/Dark Ride hybrid. No stationary seating. All cars have open tops and move along a designated path. Your part of the car will interact with various screens and lots of motion is involved.

That's it! And nothing is like Star Tours.
Exactly right :thumbsup2

thanks for the info! Do you think the simulators "work" for these rides... like are they believable?

Spiderman is the absolute best ride in Orlando. Disney has nothing that even comes close.
BD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter