• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lots of questions!

bcarson

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I will second Or
I have so many questions and I know I will have more. I have been lurking a while now and seems everyone is very knowledgeable so thanks in advance.

1. Do you think a five year old will need a stroller? If so do you have any idea how much they cost in the park?

2. I see lots of post about people bringing coolers. Do you carry them with you or put them in lockers? How much are lockers?

3. Best place to get three day passes? And what is the plus thing for. I really only want the parks. I am staying at a resort that will have swimming ect...

4. My plan is to do MK and either Animal kingdom or MGM do you think two of these are doable in 3 days?

5. What do you do with your bags ect... while you are on the rides. It sounds like we need to carry at least one back pack.

6. Do you carry and extra set of clothes for everyone?

I better leave it at that for now. I know I will have more ?'s TIA
Beth

I have some of your answers, but not all

1. I would play it by ear for the five year old and the stroller. While it would seem that they should be able to walk, there is alot of walking to get from place to place. They may get hot and tired and it would be easier for everybody if they could just chill in the stroller for a little while. Even better if they got a 20 minute power nap!

2. I would put the cooler in a locker. I forget the price, I think about $5. But, you can get in and out as much as you want with no extra charge.

3. I'm not really sure for the passes. I seem to remember that the 3 day passes are available at only certain places. Or, if you are staying on Disney property, you can book it with your room.

4. Two parks should be doable in three days. It sounds like your kids are a little bit younger. They would probably like two days at MK best.

5. I try to carry as little as possible. I keep one backpack with essentials and that's it. If you need more, that's where the locker would come in handy.

6. I don't carry extra clothes. My boys don't mind getting wet at all. Sometimes they are completely soaked (They like to play in the fountains at Epcot). They just go on with their day. If your kids won't do that, I would keep a change of clothes in the locker.

Hope this helps,

Chris

1. Our children did not use a stroller when they were 5.

2. A lot of people bring coolers for their ROOMS. A lot fewer take them to the parks. If you take one to the parks, you're going to need a locker or a stroller. I was surprised at how expensive lockers were -- $7, I think.

3. The pluses are water parks and Pleasure Island. We don't use them either. The three-day passes are not available from Disney, but mousesavers.com should be able to steer you toward them.

4. No problem with two parks in three days. I would recommend hopper passes, though, to give you more options. You didn't say when you are going, but our family cannot spend more than about four hours in one day at AK in the summer -- it is just too hot. You may also decide to visit Epcot or MGM for a few hours.

5. We wear waistpacks and do not carry a backpack. I've never been with a child younger than 4, though.

6. We don't bring extra clothes for anyone.

I'll try to help and may be saying the same things others have already said, so her goes:

1. Stroller, play it by ear. We have 2 kids, the 1st day we rented a single for DD, but was told we could trade in for a double (w/ receipt). 1st day our 6 y/o had blisters and spent the next few days in a stroller. Which brings up another subject, good shoes, good socks, bandaids & moleskin (this can be bought in the foot section @ CVS, etc. to help prevent blisters). Single $8 (I believe) double $15, and get a Disney Dollar back when you return the stroller.

2. I don't think you can bring coolers into the park, I could be wrong about that though. I took frozen bottled water and light snacks (not a meal) chips, goldfish type snacks in a back pack.

3. 3 day passes, I'm not sure, we bought our 5 day hopper from Disney Store, you get a discount buying inadvance. I would not get the "plus" feature unless you think you'll have time to go to the water parks. I don't think that unused ever expires, but I would lose it.

4. 2 parks doable in 3 days? yes, but I could easily do MK 2 days, it will be alot of walking.

5. I take anything of value with me, other things I leave @ the stroller.

6. We don't carry extra clothes, but do carry ponchos.

I hope this helps have a great trip.

When we go to Disney World, we always carry little nylon bags I bought at an Army Surplus store online called the Supply Seargent. They have a shoulder strap, but you can put the whole strap around your neck and hold it in the front of yourself. There is also a mesh area on the side for holding a water bottle. Ours are blue if you go looking for them. They have about 3 zippered compartments inside and are waterproof for the times you go on water rides. I had the bag even went I went on the Rock N Roller Coaster-put my leg through the strap and the zipper kept everything inside just fine.
I do not think you can take food into the parks so you might check about this. A bottle of water can be refilled at the drinking fountains. The restaurants will give you ice in a cup for free if you ask them. Take gum if you chew it because nobody sells gum in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter