• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lots of Love for Fastpass+

Status
Not open for further replies.
This btw, is the poster thread for the times when there is a negative thread started, and those who disagree are taken to task for posting.

:shamrock: I get to put my cute little Magic Band up to the cute little Mickey head and watch it turn green.

Seriously?

I'll admit it's not the BEST thing about Fastpass+, but I try to appreciate the small things in life.

I get that there are positives about FP+. However, I read that article recently about the genesis of MyMagic+, and I got the feeling the execs thought we'd be super impressed with Magic Bands and the Mickey head turning green business. It irritated me. I felt like (at least in my case) that they don't know their customer if they think THAT kind of thing is going to enhance my vacation. It felt like they thought we were rubes who would be easily wowed by that. Just a pet peeve with me. I can't believe the company spent money on THAT when they could have spent it on new attractions.

Not for or against FP+, though. For certain aspects of it, against certain others ... really, I can take it or leave it.

So we are supposed to stay out of these threads or is it OK if we post politely? I don't get your comment.

I quite often read complaints from people who post the other point of view in a thread complaining if they get challenged by an opposing opinion. I'm simply saying that obviously, it happens from both sides.

I don't set the rules and I'm not trying to. People are free to do whatever they want.

I get that there are positives about FP+. However, I read that article recently about the genesis of MyMagic+, and I got the feeling the execs thought we'd be super impressed with Magic Bands and the Mickey head turning green business. It irritated me. I felt like (at least in my case) that they don't know their customer if they think THAT kind of thing is going to enhance my vacation. It felt like they thought we were rubes who would be easily wowed by that. Just a pet peeve with me. I can't believe the company spent money on THAT when they could have spent it on new attractions.

Not for or against FP+, though. For certain aspects of it, against certain others ... really, I can take it or leave it.

I read that article. Absolutely fascinating. In fact, that article is probably what prompted me to list that as one of my positives. I'm sure Disney has many sophisticated, well-educated guests for whom such things are just fluff, but there are others who like it. The company has a huge audience to please- probably pretty much every type of person there is visits at some point. I can certainly understand your frustration, though.

So we are supposed to stay out of these threads or is it OK if we post politely? I don't get your comment.

I welcome disagreement. I teach high school students and have two young children and a husband. Disagreement is my life. :-)

I have just read so many negative things about Fastpass+ lately that I wanted to say something positive. Feel free to express your opinion.

I did wonder, though. My teenage daughter and I are starting to plan a trip for just the two of us, and she said she'd like the next trip to be more relaxed and not go-go-go all the time. I asked if she felt overscheduled with FPs and stuff and she said "NO, Mom, those were fine...but honestly could you maybe dial it back a notch next time?"

Ok - that made me chuckle.
I am a commando. And my kids are commando by proxy. LOL.

I read that article. Absolutely fascinating. In fact, that article is probably what prompted me to list that as one of my positives. I'm sure Disney has many sophisticated, well-educated guests for whom such things are just fluff, but there are others who like it. The company has a huge audience to please- probably pretty much every type of person there is visits at some point. I can certainly understand your frustration, though.

Ok - I am as anti-FP+ as you can get, I think. Okay - maybe not the MOST anti-... but pretty close. We cancelled our trip last year over it. We are planning to go next year with some major trepidation. HOWEVER - I am chiming in here because I think what I have to say is kind of funny.

I agree with itchin2go. I think the bands are a very unimpressive, expensive piece of this undesirable (for me) system.

BUT - We are a party of 10. DH, me, 6 kids, my mom and sister. On Sunday while I was sitting here computing the cost of going on-site for the first time ever (cost in dollars and loss of space), vs. renting an RV and camping, vs. paying for a campsite but sleeping at a rental house (no - not going to try to cancel it - actually pay for two places to sleep per night:headache:), and scrolling through Disney website and looking at what ADRs were available for make believe dates just to assess availability (meager:crazy2:)... my 9 year old daughter sat next to me asking questions and absorbing it all. (She barely remembers the last visit.) She was sweetly asking about princesses, and restaurants, and some rides. Well - then we start watching a video somewhere, and lo and behold someone's arm goes up and --ZAP-- Mickey head turns green, and my DD suddenly exclaims, "WILL WE GET SOME OF THOSE? DO WE GET TO DO THAT?"

My jaw dropped. Was she serious? Who cares? I looked at her and she was beaming. "What color will it be? Can I pick a color?"

So - apparently Disney did have a clue as to what some visitors will enjoy. (I just hope we don't only see green heads at Stitch and EO.) ;)

Ok - I am as anti-FP+ as you can get, I think. Okay - maybe not the MOST anti-... but pretty close. We cancelled our trip last year over it. We are planning to go next year with some major trepidation. HOWEVER - I am chiming in here because I think what I have to say is kind of funny.

I agree with itchin2go. I think the bands are a very unimpressive, expensive piece of this undesirable (for me) system.

BUT - We are a party of 10. DH, me, 6 kids, my mom and sister. On Sunday while I was sitting here computing the cost of going on-site for the first time ever (cost in dollars and loss of space), vs. renting an RV and camping, vs. paying for a campsite but sleeping at a rental house (no - not going to try to cancel it - actually pay for two places to sleep per night:headache:), and scrolling through Disney website and looking at what ADRs were available for make believe dates just to assess availability (meager:crazy2:)... my 9 year old daughter sat next to me asking questions and absorbing it all. (She barely remembers the last visit.) She was sweetly asking about princesses, and restaurants, and some rides. Well - then we start watching a video somewhere, and lo and behold someone's arm goes up and --ZAP-- Mickey head turns green, and my DD suddenly exclaims, "WILL WE GET SOME OF THOSE? DO WE GET TO DO THAT?"

My jaw dropped. Was she serious? Who cares? I looked at her and she was beaming. "What color will it be? Can I pick a color?"

So - apparently Disney did have a clue as to what some visitors will enjoy. (I just hope we don't only see green heads at Stitch and EO.) ;)

:rotfl2:

Ok. My daughter wanted the stupid magicbands too. I will admit it.

And I glittered them. There. I said it.

I don't know what that means ....

I just don't want to be that person who is excited over a bracelet and a Mickey head that turns green! I feel like I'm being pandered to!

But I'm happy to instill Disney-mania in my daughter, and I'm happy for anything that gets her excited about the trip ...

Ok. My daughter wanted the stupid magicbands too. I will admit it.

And I glittered them. There. I said it.

I don't know what that means ....

I just don't want to be that person who is excited over a bracelet and a Mickey head that turns green! I feel like I'm being pandered to!

But I'm happy to instill Disney-mania in my daughter, and I'm happy for anything that gets her excited about the trip ...

I didn't even tell her yet how we can bling them up. I'll save that for a rainy day. ;)
Mine'll be in my pocket. I don't even wear a watch. :P

I quite often read complaints from people who post the other point of view in a thread complaining if they get challenged by an opposing opinion. I'm simply saying that obviously, it happens from both sides.

I don't set the rules and I'm not trying to. People are free to do whatever they want.

Is that why YOU showed up on the Disneyland side of the board for the first time ever? Was it because you post there or was it because I was there and had a great trip? It's getting harder and harder to figure out what is acceptable here anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter