Lots of Completed Trip Reports....Nov 2009 - April 2014

So am I right in assuming that you've NEVER ridden Splash Mountain?!? Oh, that's one of my favorites! (It seems like I've been saying that about every ride...except TOT! :)) It's so fun..

I have ridden Splash Mountain at WDW, never at DL and my entire family has never ridden at either. DH has an aversion to being wet! :goodvibes

I love all your light photos. My favorite Disney light is in Disneyland Paris at the entrance to Adventureland. It is Morroccan themed and is beautiful. There is a bench in the shape of a camel on which I sit and admire the light.
I once visited Disneyland Paris on my own for a couple of days and spent a lot of time on that bench, lol.

Thank you. I really thought I had taken more light pictures. There's always next time. ;) It sounds like you have good memories of sitting on benches and staring at lights too. :goodvibes Too funny!

I have ridden Splash Mountain at WDW, never at DL and my entire family has never ridden at either. DH has an aversion to being wet! :goodvibes

So I guess GRR is out for DH too, huh? ;) I haven't been to WDW, so I can't comment on Splash similarities and differences. So what's the boys' reason?

Continuing on... I forgot one picture from sitting on the front porch. Forgive my ignorance, but what is this? An old ashtray thing?

IMG_3710-1.jpg

DH and I had the same deal for Thursday morning. I wanted to catch the first shuttle to Disneyland. If he was ready, fine. If he wanted to sleep in we'd meet outside Carnation Cafe for breakfast at 10am. Somehow I wasn't surprised that it was me going solo again. ;) The first shuttle left at 7:30, with Magic Morning starting at 8:00. Hmmmm. This just did not sound good. But that's OK...I'm going to Disneyland.

I wore my new t-shirt...

IMG_3714-1.jpg

It had a little "55" on the bottom left...

IMG_3713-1.jpg

I'm not a huge shopper. Not many things scream "MUST HAVE" to me. But this shirt did. Love, love, love it!

So -- I get downstairs by 7:15. I wasn't sure how the shuttle situation would be with Magic Morning and I didn't want to be caught in a situation where I would have to wait another 30 minutes for the next one. Well, it looked like it was just me and 1 other family waiting. I decided to take more Hyatt lobby pictures while I waited. It was very beautiful and atrium-like.

A place to buy DLR tickets...

IMG_3715-1.jpg

IMG_3716-1.jpg

IMG_3717-1.jpg

There was quite a large waiting area for kids.

IMG_3718-1.jpg

IMG_3719-1.jpg

There is a Starbucks in the lobby. The shuttle pick-up/drop-off is right outside Starbucks.

IMG_3720-1.jpg

IMG_3721-1.jpg

IMG_3722-1.jpg

There are benches outside in the shuttle waiting area.

IMG_3723-1.jpg

The shuttle left right on time at 7:30. We did a drive-by through Crowne Plaza. No one was waiting so we just kept right on going. We arrive at DL and I get in line at 7:50. The crowd was a bit disheartening, I must say.

IMG_3728-1.jpg

Waiting and waiting.

IMG_3730-1.jpg

That's it for now. I have to upload more pics. But first I need to go watch the YouTube video of Bret Michaels and Casey James singing "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" one more time. My favorite moment of the American Idol finale last night. That was one of my favorite songs when I was in high school. I pretty much wore out that section on my mix tape that I made by recording songs off the radio. Lots of rewinding and playing it again over and over. Yep, I'm an 80s girl. :)

So I guess GRR is out for DH too, huh? ;) I haven't been to WDW, so I can't comment on Splash similarities and differences. So what's the boys' reason?
That's it for now. I have to upload more pics. But first I need to go watch the YouTube video of Bret Michaels and Casey James singing "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" one more time. My favorite moment of the American Idol finale last night. That was one of my favorite songs when I was in high school. I pretty much wore out that section on my mix tape that I made by recording songs off the radio. Lots of rewinding and playing it again over and over. Yep, I'm an 80s girl. :)

The boys are like their father! I think on our next trip to DL we'll wear our suits and to GRR and then go back and change.

I loved Bret Michaels on the AI final too!! What a warrior to be doing that so soon after his brain hemorrhage. Now you've got me going to youtube too. :surfweb:

Thanks for the update as always a good one! :goodvibes

I better get moving if I'm going to reach my goal to have this thing completed by the end of May...

OK, so I'm in line for Magic Morning, feeling a little disheartened by the size of the crowd... not to mention that I'm soooo far back in line. I forget the disappointment as the excitement of the countdown begins and the line starts moving. :yay: I'm at Disneyland! :yay:

Of course I head to Peter Pan first. I got in line at 8:08. A couple of pics while in line...

IMG_3733-1.jpg

IMG_3734-1.jpg

I got on the ride at 8:20. :scared1: Such a big difference from my last (and first) Magic Morning. :sad2:

IMG_3735-1.jpg

IMG_3736-1.jpg

Love that ride! When I got off I glanced over at Dumbo. The line was crazy. I wasn't planning on doing it solo, but that's where I would have headed if the kids were with me. Matterhorn was up next on my agenda. I know from reading the boards that a lot of people consider this a rough ride. That hasn't been my experience at all. I have to wonder what's going on with me since I don't feel what they are feeling. :laughing: Anyway, I ended up skipping the Matterhorn once I saw the line. They were only running the Fantasyland side, but the line stretched clear around, nearly to Tomorrowland Terrace. If I had waited I may have only gotten 2 rides during my MM time.

IMG_3748-1.jpg

So sadly, I moved on. I went back over to Alice.

IMG_3737-1.jpg

Much more doable line. Got on at 8:30.

Cute light.

IMG_3739-1.jpg

IMG_3740-1.jpg

And from there to Mr. Toad. Got on at 8:48.

IMG_3742-1.jpg

IMG_3743-1.jpg

IMG_3744-1.jpg

And from there to Pinocchio. Got on at 8:55.

IMG_3746-1.jpg

IMG_3747-1.jpg

And Magic Morning was over. 4 rides. FOUR RIDES!!! :sad2:

More later.

After my non-magical Magic Morning I headed to Space Mountain at 9:05 to get my first FP of the day. I only had my ticket this time, so I could only get one. The plan was to go back in 40-ish minutes and get a 2nd one. I noticed Buzz was a walk-on so I did that next.

IMG_3749-1.jpg

Buzz wasn't nearly as fun alone, without one of my little boys with me. I just kind of wandered for a bit after that, taking pictures. That seems to be what I like to do during my alone time. I ventured out and walked into a restroom that I don't remember ever going into before. The one by Alice.

IMG_3751-1.jpg

It was so cute! (Sounds funny calling a restroom "cute") I had to get a light picture, of course.

IMG_3752.jpg

This one's not a great photo, but shows off the cuteness of the theme.

IMG_3753-1.jpg

Yes, I waited until no one was around before I took pics inside the restroom. And yes, I felt a little silly taking pics inside the restroom.

Light by the castle.

IMG_3754-1.jpg

I remember reading on the DIS about the square trees but now I can't remember what I read. Are the trees square in the Sleeping Beauty movie?

IMG_3755-1.jpg

IMG_3760-1.jpg

IMG_3761-1.jpg

After I took these pics I turned around to walk away and I almost stepped on these little guys!

IMG_3756-1.jpg

They were so cute! (I just realized I used the same adjective to describe restrooms and new baby ducks. :laughing:) Just adorable! I decided to just watch and follow them for a bit from a distance. One of the beauties of alone time at Disneyland. :cloud9: I never could have done that if someone else was with me. Warning: Duck picture overload ahead...

IMG_3763-1.jpg

IMG_3768-1.jpg

IMG_3769-1.jpg

IMG_3770-1.jpg

Lucky ducks...;)...they were born at Disneyland!

IMG_3771-1.jpg

I followed them into Fantasyland. I was worried someone might step on them as they were rushing from ride to ride. It was interesting to see the reactions of others. A lot of people noticed them, and told their kids to give them their space. A lot of people rushed by, within a couple of feet of them, and didn't notice them at all. I watched them until they parked themselves in a shady area beneath a tree. They looked safe and happy so I moved along. :)

Time to head back through the castle. It was time to say "goodbye" to my Park Hopper and "hello" to my very first Annual Pass. :yay:

IMG_3780-1.jpg

....But first I need to go watch the YouTube video of Bret Michaels and Casey James singing "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" one more time. My favorite moment of the American Idol finale last night. That was one of my favorite songs when I was in high school. I pretty much wore out that section on my mix tape that I made by recording songs off the radio. Lots of rewinding and playing it again over and over. Yep, I'm an 80s girl. :)

The boys are like their father! I think on our next trip to DL we'll wear our suits and to GRR and then go back and change.

I loved Bret Michaels on the AI final too!! What a warrior to be doing that so soon after his brain hemorrhage. Now you've got me going to youtube too. :surfweb:

Thanks for the update as always a good one! :goodvibes

Ugh...some days my PC is reallllly slow, and I have been having that problem a lot in the last few days. So all the photos are taking a long time to load and my screen keeps locking up. It doesn't always do this. Other times I can scroll through your TR just fine, but I guess if it's at a moment when other people are also viewing it or while you are in the middle of posting more stuff, it slows down even more than usual.

I just wanted to get in my Bret comments, but it has taken me 15 minutes to even post them!!

If Bret's darn autobiography ever comes out (it's been postponed 100 times in the last year and a half due to all the misfortune that has befallen Bret), a couple of my pictures of him are supposed to be in it (I signed a release form for them and everything). It was all finished and ready to go to print, and then he wrapped up the third season of Rock of Love, he got bonked on the head at the Tony's last year, and he accepted the offer to go on Celebrity Apprentice, and all of a sudden Simon and Schuster put the book release on hold. Now, in light of all the recent stuff that Bret has been through with his health and the winning of Celebrity Apprentice, they will probably have to go back in and take out/reduce some chapters of the book to make room for the new stuff. So I am not sure where the photos they chose of mine will fit in the final cut.

Funny, whenever the story of "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" is told (about what inspired it), it is romanticized in such a way that makes it sound like poor Bret found out his great love was cheating on him. Well, the truth was that the girl in question was a crazy stripper (at the time - she is probably not a crazy stripper now!!), and Bret was no innocent when he was out on the road...or even when we was not on the road. He was always a big hit with the ladies and was not faithful to this crazy stripper girlfriend at all! But the way the story is told now (by him), he found out she was cheating and then he moped away to go off and write "Every Rose"!!!:rotfl2: If she was cheating, it's probably because HE was cheating!! SO funny! I love Bret, and he's a great guy and was always really nice to me, and a lot of fun to be around, but that story about "Every Rose" is a bit of a stretch!!

Bret's new VH1 show is supposed to premiere tonight, I think. or maybe tey are just showing a preview tonight. In any case, it's soon. And he is considering taking the Simon Cowell seat on Idol, but I think it's a longshot.

I did purchase the Casey/Bret music video on iTunes. I didn't know you were so well acquainted with him ;)

I did purchase the Casey/Bret music video on iTunes. I didn't know you were so well acquainted with him ;)

Oh yes! I haven't talked to Bret directly in about 13 years, but I used to work for Bret/Poison back in the '80s, and we went to Disneyland and hung out and it was all sorts of fun! I still have a little gift he gave me when Poison made their first trip to Japan and came home (he brought back gifts for everyone). I have a platinum album that I received for my work hanging on my wall. I have pictures of Bret scattered about in my TR - a couple of them are on the first page, and others are spread around on other pages inside the TR. I even have a picture or two of the crazy stripper who inspired "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" in my TR!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: (I have other pictures posted on Facebook that were a bit too risque to post on the DIS - rockers will be rockers, after all!!) A lot of the people from the old Poison days, who hung out in that circle, are on my Facebook friend list, as is Bret's tour manager/partner/assistant/production assistant, Janna. Janna was the one who sent me the photo release form to sign last year so they could use a couple of my old grainy photos in Bret's autobiography - which may or may not ever get released at this rate.

Anyway, I digress...Deejdigsdis - I LOVE those duck pictures!! I love that they are so comfortable just waddling all around Disneyland, not afraid of people (seemingly). They are probably so used to people by now that they don't care. But I would have been worried like you were that someone would step on them. People are always in such a hurry to get wherever they are going in DL that they knock into children. I would hate to see what happens to a poor duck family!! I wonder how the resident park ducks get along with the feral cats around the park?

That bathroom near the Alice ride has to be one of the all-time best bathrooms in terms of cuteness!! The stall doors are adorable. the light fixture is great. The bathroom signs on the door are cute (from what I recall). Then, outside...the flowers (as we saw in the flower photo thread) that look as though they are partially painted are just divine. The White Rabbit statue is great. The Cheshire Cat in the rock is great. The lamp with the heart shape on it (in my TR) is awesome. That whole designated 'Alice area' of DL is just magical, isn't it?

And by the way...could the sky be any more blue in some of your photos? It is really striking how blue and clear it is. It comes alive in your photos! I know that whenever we have a day like that and there are no clouds in the sky, I always marvel at just how blue and gorgeous the sky can be!!

Oh yes! I haven't talked to Bret directly in about 13 years, but I used to work for Bret/Poison back in the '80s, and we went to Disneyland and hung out and it was all sorts of fun! I still have a little gift he gave me when Poison made their first trip to Japan and came home (he brought back gifts for everyone). I have a platinum album that I received for my work hanging on my wall. I have pictures of Bret scattered about in my TR - a couple of them are on the first page, and others are spread around on other pages inside the TR. I even have a picture or two of the crazy stripper who inspired "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" in my TR!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: (I have other pictures posted on Facebook that were a bit too risque to post on the DIS - rockers will be rockers, after all!!) A lot of the people from the old Poison days, who hung out in that circle, are on my Facebook friend list, as is Bret's tour manager/partner/assistant/production assistant, Janna. Janna was the one who sent me the photo release form to sign last year so they could use a couple of my old grainy photos in Bret's autobiography - which may or may not ever get released at this rate.

Anyway, I digress...Deejdigsdis - I LOVE those duck pictures!! I love that they are so comfortable just waddling all around Disneyland, not afraid of people (seemingly). They are probably so used to people by now that they don't care. But I would have been worried like you were that someone would step on them. People are always in such a hurry to get wherever they are going in DL that they knock into children. I would hate to see what happens to a poor duck family!! I wonder how the resident park ducks get along with the feral cats around the park?

That bathroom near the Alice ride has to be one of the all-time best bathrooms in terms of cuteness!! The stall doors are adorable. the light fixture is great. The bathroom signs on the door are cute (from what I recall). Then, outside...the flowers (as we saw in the flower photo thread) that look as though they are partially painted are just divine. The White Rabbit statue is great. The Cheshire Cat in the rock is great. The lamp with the heart shape on it (in my TR) is awesome. That whole designated 'Alice area' of DL is just magical, isn't it?

And by the way...could the sky be any more blue in some of your photos? It is really striking how blue and clear it is. It comes alive in your photos! I know that whenever we have a day like that and there are no clouds in the sky, I always marvel at just how blue and gorgeous the sky can be!!

Wow, such interesting stuff! I remembered you know Bret, but I didn't know the background on how. I'll have to hop over to your TR and check out more of the pictures. I guess I just saw the 2 you have on the first page. The one of him jumping out of Pinocchio comes to mind. :rotfl: And very interesting about the story behind "Every Rose." I never heard any background on it -- I just really liked it in high school. :) Yeah, after hearing the REAL story it does sound like a bit of a stretch. :laughing: It's a great song, though. Not sure how many times I've watched the Bret/Casey AI performance on YouTube. My husband will walk by and say, "You're watching that AGAIN?!?" He was an 80s guy himself but didn't get the 80s music that I love so much. He was more of a classic 70s rock-listening teenager. He likes the 70s Chicago stuff and I like the 80s Chicago stuff. Speaking of Chicago and the American Idol finale...did you notice how the majority of performers were old school? I mean REALLY old school! I kept saying to my husband, "I wonder what today's teenagers are thinking of this finale? All these people are so old!" Alice Cooper? Isn't he nearing 70? Just so many old people!!! Going back to Bret...how cool that some of your pictures might be in the autobiography! Also - I hadn't heard of him as being a possible Simon replacement. I heard Madonna's name being thrown around, and I can't remember who else. I will miss Simon. I know he could be somewhat rude at times, but I think for the most part he was dead on with his comments.

In other news... as far as the blue sky goes... the coloring in some of the pictures has been enhanced a bit. I use Picasa to edit my photos. (You can download it for free.) Sometimes if a picture is a bit drab-looking color-wise I use the saturation feature and adjust it slightly. But I went back and looked at the pre-enhanced version of the sky/castle pics and it's not enhanced much at all. It was a very clear day.

OK, unfortunately I missed my self imposed deadline to have the TR done by May 31st. I'm getting close, though. I finished uploading the rest of the pics to photobucket today. So stay tuned. :)

Oh yeah - feel free to shorten deejdigsdis to just plain old deej. A nickname I picked up in Jr. High!

Off to giddily buy my AP! (Is "giddily" actually a word? I guess so...no red line underneath to show me it's misspelled!) The whole reason for the AP upgrade is because I plan to head back to DL this fall with my parents and sisters. My parents and younger sister haven't been in 5 years, and my older sister hasn't been in 14 years. The plan is in the works, but it is hard to save $$$ when $1000 worth of car repairs and a post-root canal crown come your way within 5 weeks of each other!:eek:

How long has this NOT been a restaurant???

IMG_3784-1.jpg

I was glad to see there was no line at all. I walked up and handed the lady my Hopper and ID. The whole process start to finish took about 7-ish minutes. I had paid $148-ish for my 3 day Park Hopper through Last Minute Travel. I was expecting to pay for my AP upgrade from that purchase price. The CM said I owed $115 (as if I had paid $184 for my Park Hopper), instead of the $151 I was expecting. I told her I had purchased my Hopper at a discount and was prepared to pay for the AP upgrade from that price. She thanked me for my honesty and said it was fine. :yay: So, my Deluxe AP cost $263 instead of $299. :yay: (I tried not to think about the fact that I could have paid only $90 at the end of my trip last fall to upgrade to an AP then...and had my April 2010 trip and Fall 2010 trip covered, but I never would have dreamed I'd be returning like I did/am.) It was an exciting time for me...leaving the AP Processing Center with a pass good for entry to Disneyland for the next year! :cloud9: Even though I won't get more than the fall trip out of it, it's still fun to have (and I have pulled it out of my purse MANY times since just to look at it and make sure it's real ;)). When I was done upgrading the first thing I did was take a pic of my AP and send it to my sister.

It was time to go grab that second Space FP. So I did that and then headed over to the Tomorrowland station with plans to ride the train over to NOS so I could ride HM before breakfast. Just missed the train...it began to pull out just as I made it up to the platform. The CM called out to me, "Next train in 10 minutes!!" I thought about just walking over, but I really like riding the train. I love all the sounds involved with the train at Disneyland. So I waited. In the meantime my husband called and said he was at Town Square, so plans changed and I just rode to Main Street instead.

Waiting for the train.

IMG_3785-1.jpg

IMG_3789-1.jpg

Here it comes!

IMG_3790-1.jpg

I love riding through the time of the dinosaurs. I can still hear my dad saying, "That dinosaur's been chewing on that same weed for a loooooong time!" I've been listening to him say that for the past 30+ years. :lovestruc

Arriving at the Main Street station. Anyone know the significance of the Population 500,000,000? Just wondering where the number came from.

IMG_3791-1.jpg

I meet up with my husband, waving my AP all over the place. It wasn't quite time for our Carnation Cafe PS, but we walked by anyway. It was packed. We decided to head to the Tiki Room. I. LOVE. THIS. Every time I am in there I get teary-eyed and have a huge smile on my face the entire show. For me, it is one of the few things at Disneyland that remains unchanged from my childhood. If there are changes I don't want to know what they are. It feels exactly the same to me now as it did 35 years ago. Except now I am fully aware that it isn't really storming outside. And I can sit by the tikis on the wall and handle it just fine. ;) I always see people walk out of the show and it makes me sad. I hope DL doesn't keep track of all the people that walk out and decide to get rid of this attraction. Anyway, we had about a 10 minute wait before showtime. Time to take some more pictures.

IMG_3798-1.jpg

IMG_3800-1.jpg

What would sadly be my last light picture of the trip...

IMG_3802-1.jpg

IMG_3804-1.jpg

IMG_3805-1.jpg

IMG_3807-1.jpg

And last, but not least...the shot of Jose that I got after the show.

IMG_3811-1.jpg

Aaaahhhh. Now I felt like my Disneyland trip was complete. :cloud9:

Next up...breakfast at Carnation Cafe.

Nice installment. I would have giddily been my AP if I was lucky enough to have another visit this year! I'm sad that you have posted the last light picture of the trip. Oh no, the end must be near :scared1:

I've really enjoyed your trip. I'm amazed how much more there is to see (aka how much I've missed) at DL and DCA. Must mean I need to go back!

Nice installment. I would have giddily been my AP if I was lucky enough to have another visit this year! I'm sad that you have posted the last light picture of the trip. Oh no, the end must be near :scared1:

I've really enjoyed your trip. I'm amazed how much more there is to see (aka how much I've missed) at DL and DCA. Must mean I need to go back!

Aw, thanks TK! The end is definitely near. I'm glad you joined me. I didn't feel like I was just talking to myself with you chiming in. :) Are you going to do a TR for your trip to WDW this December? I hope so!

I sure will! :thumbsup2

Count me in then. :goodvibes

After tweeting with the birdies, we headed over to Carnation Cafe for our very late breakfast at 11:00. The last seating for breakfast. I love this cozy little place.

Some views from our table...

IMG_3817-1.jpg

We were seated right next to a window.

IMG_3815-1.jpg

A cake on the other side of the window.

IMG_3814-1.jpg

We thought it was funny that we had the same server that we had for lunch back in November. I wanna say her name was Desiree??? Anyway, we were hoping to get to chat with Chef Oscar again. Somehow the video that my husband took of me and Oscar chatting for 10 minutes got deleted and we wanted a re-do. Turns out that he was on vacation, though, so no such luck.

My husband's meal, which he loved.

IMG_3826-1-1.jpg

My meal, which I didn't love.

IMG_3825-1-1.jpg

I felt like there were WAY too many eggs for that paper-thin piece of ham. And take note of my banana. When I first saw it I thought, "That looks weird. I guess there was a bruise and they cut it out." Really, one banana slice had slid just a bit -- there was no bruise-cutting involved. :) My favorite part of the meal was my hot chocolate and my husband's potatoes. ;) Those potatoes were so good! I would love to have had a plate of those and some fruit. I must say that I much preferred our lunch experience in November over our breakfast experience in April. I'm glad that I experienced breakfast at least once. Actually I want to do breakfast again and get the cinnamon roll french toast. That had been my plan all along and then I changed my mind at the last second. :headache:

After breakfast we hopped over to DCA so we could get in line for the first showing of Aladdin at 12:10. This was our first time to see the show and I was excited. We had been standing in line for a couple minutes. I was surprised how short the line was after reading about the show's popularity on the DIS. A CM walked down the line and asked how many people were in our party. Then I think she asked to see...something. Some kind of preferred seating ticket, I assume. Oops! We were standing in the wrong line. Ugh! So we head over to the general line and...WHOA. It was NOT short! I started to wonder if we'd even get in. We were assured we would, but wow. The sea of people seemed never-ending.

Took a pic of my not-so-favorite-headache-causing ride while we waited. ;)

IMG_3828-1.jpg

Finally, time to file into the theater. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how large the theater was. Impressive! I'm not sure what the desired seating area is but I thought we had perfect seats. I only had a few pics that came close to turning out.

IMG_3832-1.jpg

IMG_3834-1.jpg

IMG_3836-1.jpg

I've heard people go on and on and on about how great this show is. Usually when that's the case...when I hear people talk something up so much...I end up being disappointed. Even though I try to lower my expectations because of said talking up. Well, happily that was not the case this time. :) It really was all that. There were some neat effects and Genie, of course, was incredible. I kept finding myself thinking, "Oh, the boys would have loved that" or "The boys would have thought that was so cool" or "The boys would have thought that was so funny" and so on. I'm glad we got the chance to see it. Just wish the boys were with us.

After Aladdin we said goodbye to DCA for the last time this trip and headed back to Disneyland for our last couple of hours. That's up next.

Another excellent installment! I must say I agree with you on the Carnation Cafe breakfast not being up to par with the lunch...don't feel bad about not having the french toast - it could have been as dry as my pancakes in December. Too funny about your banana...I thought the same thing! :banana:

I'm glad you like Aladdin. We loved it so much we tried to see it twice....

If you want to see my recent craft project mini-post I posted this on the scrapbooking board http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479000

Waiting to see your last few hours at DL....popcorn::

Another excellent installment! I must say I agree with you on the Carnation Cafe breakfast not being up to par with the lunch...don't feel bad about not having the french toast - it could have been as dry as my pancakes in December. Too funny about your banana...I thought the same thing! :banana:

I'm glad you like Aladdin. We loved it so much we tried to see it twice....

If you want to see my recent craft project mini-post I posted this on the scrapbooking board http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479000

Waiting to see your last few hours at DL....popcorn::

I remember reading about your pancakes. They did not sound good at all.

OK, I just checked out your craftiness. WOW! That turned out great! I love that color of green. It's all so clever and creative. The Tink rub-ons look like they came out great on the handle despite the lines in the handle. Will the rub-ons rub off? I also really like your choice of the pearl so you can see how much is left. But my favorite part...the most clever part...the Hidden Mickey! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing. Do you have scrapbook pages hanging around over there somewhere? I used to scrap a lot but it was getting a little overwhelming trying to "get it all done". I hated that it was turning into somewhat of a chore as opposed to my fun way to unwind. I have taken a break from my traditional scrapbooking. For the past year and a half I've been doing the picture-a-day thing. I take a picture every day and then add a bit of journaling for each day. It's so easy to just slide my 4x6 pictures into divided protectors along with 2x3 journaling cards, all part of the Becky Higgins kit I use. I love that it captures the "bigger picture" of our everyday life but I'm starting to miss the creativity of traditional scrapping.

Well, I hopped on here to finish the TR, but I'm a little tired so I'll finish it tomorrow. Can you tell I'm procrastinating that last installment? :rotfl: It kind of feels like the trip is ending all over again and the post-Disneyland blues will be taking over. Sigh.

I remember reading about your pancakes. They did not sound good at all.

OK, I just checked out your craftiness. WOW! That turned out great! I love that color of green. It's all so clever and creative. The Tink rub-ons look like they came out great on the handle despite the lines in the handle. Will the rub-ons rub off? I also really like your choice of the pearl so you can see how much is left. But my favorite part...the most clever part...the Hidden Mickey! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing. Do you have scrapbook pages hanging around over there somewhere? I used to scrap a lot but it was getting a little overwhelming trying to "get it all done". I hated that it was turning into somewhat of a chore as opposed to my fun way to unwind. I have taken a break from my traditional scrapbooking. For the past year and a half I've been doing the picture-a-day thing. I take a picture every day and then add a bit of journaling for each day. It's so easy to just slide my 4x6 pictures into divided protectors along with 2x3 journaling cards, all part of the Becky Higgins kit I use. I love that it captures the "bigger picture" of our everyday life but I'm starting to miss the creativity of traditional scrapping.

Well, I hopped on here to finish the TR, but I'm a little tired so I'll finish it tomorrow. Can you tell I'm procrastinating that last installment? :rotfl: It kind of feels like the trip is ending all over again and the post-Disneyland blues will be taking over. Sigh.

I like that we have more of your trip to look forward to.

As for my tool, the matte finish is supposed to protect the rub ons. Let's hope. As for scrapbooking, I go for one 4-day weekend a year and crank out about 80 pages. I *used* to be current with Disney vacations but not any more. My sons are all scrapbooked up through high school graduation last year. I do make mini-albums now and enjoy purchasing scrapbook supplies :goodvibes So much to do, so little time.

Hope to see the final installment soon!

Fantastic TR!

Thanks Alex. :)

I like that we have more of your trip to look forward to.

As for my tool, the matte finish is supposed to protect the rub ons. Let's hope. As for scrapbooking, I go for one 4-day weekend a year and crank out about 80 pages. I *used* to be current with Disney vacations but not any more. My sons are all scrapbooked up through high school graduation last year. I do make mini-albums now and enjoy purchasing scrapbook supplies :goodvibes So much to do, so little time.

Hope to see the final installment soon!

80 pages! Wow. Your boys are lucky to have those histories. Do they appreciate them yet? ;)

OK. Here we go. The final installment of my April 2010 Trip Report...

We hopped back over to Disneyland for our last couple of hours. Our first order of business was to head over to Space Mountain and use our FPs. I had to make a quick stop when we entered Disneyland. I told my husband I'd just meet him over by Space. When I finished up my little errand I was walking down Main Street. My husband called. I answered my phone and he said, "Look to your left." I looked over and there he was, riding the trolley. :laughing:

IMG_3844-1.jpg

He got off and we went over to Space. It was so non-busy that they had the Fast Pass line blocked off. It was around 1:30pm. So strange. Here's a picture with a Hidden Mickey that I posted earlier -- but the other one was a close-up. Can you find it?

IMG_3846-1.jpg

I had to hit Pirates and Haunted Mansion one last time. Typically Pirates is my last ride of a trip, but this time I reserved that honor for HM. Just because this would be the last time for me to ride the REAL Haunted Mansion for who knows how long. The overlay :-)mad:) will be up when I go back in the fall.

IMG_3850-1.jpg

No final HM pic, but I can still hear the "Hurrrry Baaaack....Hurrrrry Baaaack!" Love that part.

Sigh. Our last ride has been ridden. Now I needed to head over to Pooh Corner to pick up some Tigger Tails for the kids while my husband snagged himself one last pretzel and a couple of big Mickey cookies from the bakery, also for the kids. We were going to meet on the front porch. :love: I got 3 of the last 4 Tigger Tails on display and headed over to the front porch where I found DH gnawing on a Turkey Leg. :confused: "Uhhhh...did you get the Mickey cookies?" "This is as far as I got." :rolleyes: So I headed to the bakery and picked up the cookies.

PAUSE. Let's see how I'm doing on MY LIST. I only have mere minutes left in the park to check off anything that is still unchecked.

* Ride Haunted Mansion lots and lots of times. {Well, I was hoping for at least 10 times, but I think I did 6.} CHECK!

* Ride Jungle Cruise at night. CHECK!

* Watch Aladdin before it goes away. CHECK!

* Take pictures of Hidden Mickeys for DS10. Didn't get as many as I wanted, but CHECK!

* Watch the Flag Retreat Ceremony. {Watched it twice.} CHECK!

* Ride Tower of Terror. {:scared1:} CHECK!

* Find Melvin, Buff and Max inside the Pooh ride. CHECK!

* Spend a lot of time on Main Street, preferably the front porch. CHECK, CHECK, and CHECK!

Oh wait. The list said "sipping hot chocolate if I'm sitting there at night, eating ice cream if I'm sitting there during the day." Sipped hot chocolate, so CHECK! But...still needed to eat ice cream. We had the bench, now I needed to go find the ice cream... I headed over to Gibson Girl. :scared1: The line was way too long. I never would have made it. I thought, "No worries, I'll just go down Main Street to that little out-of-the-way Cone Shop." I thought I was so clever. I never see a line there. I rounded the corner and :eek:. It's closed! So so sad. I trudged back to the front porch where DH was happily chewing on a Mickey Pretzel now. I sat there and ate a Mickey Truffle that I picked up at Pooh Corner. Not the same as ice cream, but it was chocolate so it wasn't a totally bad situation. ;)

A couple of last minute random Main Street pictures.

IMG_3851-1.jpg

IMG_3852-1.jpg

And my beloved front porch bench. I can't believe I didn't think to get a better picture. I had to crop this one.

IMG_3854-1.jpg

We went down to Town Square and sat for a bit longer. Goofy walked by and I realized I had NO character pictures!

IMG_3857-1.jpg

IMG_3858-1.jpg

Sigh. Time to go. :sad1: We walked out of Disneyland at 3:05pm so we could catch the 3:20 shuttle back to the Hyatt. Super Shuttle picked us up at 3:55. One last picture out the shuttle window as we were being whisked off to the airport.

IMG_3863-1.jpg

A nice last minute memory...even though it WAS Tower of Terror I was looking at. ;)

We got to SNA and were all checked in and waiting by our gate by 4:30, just 35 minutes after we were picked up at the Hyatt. The post Disneyland blues were beginning to set in and I just wanted to go home and see my kids. There was one thing that made our travel time go by faster. We happened to have a lady that works in an office somewhere behind Toon Town on our flight. She noticed my Disneyland shirt and struck up a conversation. It was very interesting talking to her. I wish I would have written down some of the interesting things she told us. You know how you think you most certainly won't forget something because it's so interesting...but then you do. I do remember her saying that the organ in the attic on the Haunted Mansion used to be in the old Submarine Voyage. She told us about some warehouses where they keep all the stuff from old rides and I wondered how I could get my hands on an old Skyway bucket. :) She talked about World of Color and how she wasn't happy with how they ended up working it all out, saying it wouldn't be a good set up for the tourists. Her prediction was that it would be a mess. This was over a month ago, so I'm sure there has been many a change made since she talked to us. Another interesting thing was that she thanked us several times for going to Disneyland. She even thanked me for buying the t-shirt I was wearing! Anyway, it was fun to chat with her. It kind of extended our Disney experience.

We got home in the wee hours of the morning, and received a great welcome from the boys when it was time to wake up for the day. We gave them their treats. The day began, DH went back to work, the older boys went to school, and I got the pictures off the camera and onto the computer. DS4 ate some Mickey cheese for a snack. He called me in. "Hey Mom! Look! I made a Mickey!"

IMG_3871-1.jpg

And I guess that concludes this portion of the Trip Report. Who knew I would have so much to say about 28 1/2 hours in the parks?!?

Thanks for reading! To be continued Fall 2010 if things pan out for the trip with my parents and sisters!

:thumbsup2
Wow, what a great trip report! It's had me procrastinating at work for two days. Your April trip was just a few weeks before we went this year. It was nice to see your perspective.
I am still in the post Disneyland depression but the good news is we have booked another trip for November! Yay.
I have a question for you. This could probably be answered in a diff forum but you seem like you're nice and wouldn't mind. :)
We are going to Disneyland Nov 7-12 this year but we are also going the same dates in 2011. I wanted to buy an AP but figured it would expire as my next trip started. Can you buy park hopper passes and transfer them to an AP on the last day of using them? That way I could fit both trips in on one AP:cool1:

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter