• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Loterie Farm (St. Martin) with 7 and 9 year old?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
DH and I are taking our boys (who will be 7 and 9) on their first cruise in June. St. Martin is one of our stops, and I've been looking at Loterie Farm as an option as a way to spend out day. I know that my boys are too small to do the main ropes course, but the Loterie Farm website mentioned the Ti-Tarzan course for younger kids (recommended for ages 5-7). The website also indicates that parents can go with their kids on this course.

I'm hoping someone here has experience and can answer some questions -

Is it worth it to go to Loterie Farm just to do Ti-Tarzan and not the "main" course (we wouldn't want to do the main course without our kids even if it were logistically possible)?

Will this be fun and adventurous enough for a 7-9 year old? I was kind of surprised by the 5-7 year old age recommendation.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

My daughters family did this last July and LOVED it! Daughter went with 4 (almost 5 yr old) on kids course, then went to the adult course, while granddaughter sat with me. Another group with kids came up and the "guide"(?) let the (4 yo) granddaughter go again with them. She was ecstatic! My daughter, son-in-law and older (14) granddaughter, had a blast doing the intermediate course. They wanted to do the BIG one, but you have to be 18, so they all stuck to the same one. Y'all will enjoy it.

Hi, IUJen, I'm AntLawn's daughter. We loved Loterie Farm. The course will probably only take the boys 30-45 minutes, but it's a ton of fun. I've loaded some pics of my DD on the course to give you an idea. She was just shy of 5 and was right at the 47" limit for the course.

http://s153.beta.photobucket.com/user/rjharmon/library/St Maarten

I didn't know and didn't ask, so assumed and paid to go through with her. It was fun and I was able to get good pictures of her that way, but I think the guide would have taken her by herself and let me either hang at the treehouse or go on the other course with DH and my niece. I'm not sure, but it may be possible to walk in area below them so you could get pictures while they're doing the course too. Definitely worth asking if you're not interested in doing the course with the boys.

My 7 and 9 year olds are afraid the Tarzan course will be kind of boring. How tall do you have to be to do the intermediate course and is it worth it if we can't to the tree-tip one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter