• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost stuffed Animal on Magic - give us hope?

Emsabems

Mouseketeer
We left a wonderful 4 day cruise on the Magic today and just got home to find a favorite stuffed yellow fish was left in the bedding of our cabin (2596). DS is distraught... :(

Disney cruise number is already closed for the evening, but I will call first thing in the morning.

ANY chance of getting it back? Tips to make recovery more likely?

We left a wonderful 4 day cruise on the Magic today and just got home to find a favorite stuffed yellow fish was left in the bedding of our cabin (2596). DS is distraught... :(

Disney cruise number is already closed for the evening, but I will call first thing in the morning.

From the DCL website:
After Your Cruise:

If you discover an item is missing after your cruise, access the Help Center assistance form, select “My Recent Cruise – Lost and Found” from the subject dropdown menu and submit the requested info—or call (407) 566-3734 as soon as possible.

I know this might not help, but my daughter left her bumble bee fish on the magic back in 2009. We order anther one off the internet and when we went on our next cruise...Mickey presented it back to her. Before the presentation my husband and I went around and took all kinds of pictures with the fish and made a book “The Adventures of Bumble Bee Fish with Mickey Mouse”....Mickey then mailed it to her...she is now 16 and still thinks that this all took place. I haven’t had the heart to tell her. But what a great memory.

Last May my daughter lost her beloved Daisy stuffed animal on the Wonder. We had no idea where she had lost it, the theater or a meet n greet with Minnie. We emailed the help center the next day (disembarked on a Sunday) with a detailed description. They sent me a picture of a stuffed Daisy. It was my daughter's beloved Daisy!!! They mailed it back to us no charge.

Just email them tonight and they will get back to you. At least you know where your lost stuffed fish was last seen. Hope you get it back.

I know this might not help, but my daughter left her bumble bee fish on the magic back in 2009. We order anther one off the internet and when we went on our next cruise...Mickey presented it back to her. Before the presentation my husband and I went around and took all kinds of pictures with the fish and made a book “The Adventures of Bumble Bee Fish with Mickey Mouse”....Mickey then mailed it to her...she is now 16 and still thinks that this all took place. I haven’t had the heart to tell her. But what a great memory.

That's so sweet! What a great idea.

What an awesome idea. To take it further, you don't have to lose the precious stuffie to do this. Just wait until there are other things to do and then take the stuffie for photos. You can still make a book or print them at home and claim the stuffie emailed them home for you to find so your little one would know what a great time it had on the cruise. Make sure to include one with your child at the end.

Disney is great about finding/mailing things left behind. I’m sure the ship is no exception. You’ll get it back

After our 2004 Magic cruise we figured out we were missing my oldest daughter's swim team hoodie. I called, they found it and sent it back. I thought it was funny though because both our last name and hometown (team name) were right on the shirt; I wondered why they didn't just send it on. But with thousands of lost items I guess that's not possible.
We did permanently lose my son's clip-on sunglasses. He was 6 and playing in Scuttle's Cove and got sprayed with a hose and it knocked his glasses off; we were lucky to find them (he had a lazy eye and had bifocals) but the clip on sank into the sand, I guess.

In case things don't work out I will share our story. DS's beloved stuffed puppy was left in the bedding during our beach vacation. (I still kick myself for letting my husband remove the sheets) I was prepared to drive the 4 hours to the laundry facility but it seemed like too much of a long shot since everyone I talked to seemed disinterested (this was not Disney I was dealing with...). Thank goodness for Amazon who had the same circa 2004 ty beanie boo dalmation puppy. My kids are very familiar with the Velveteen Rabbit story and puppy was very loved, shabby, and Real so there was no way to pass off the new puppy. I told him because puppy was Real all he had to do was put all the love in his heart for puppy into the new puppy and he would be the same. He accepted this but we rent the same condo every year and darn if he didn't spend some time looking for puppy the next year. I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears for lost puppy.

I just spoke with guest services. They gave me the lost and found number 407-566-3734. I asked if she could check to see if it maybe didn’t get offloaded to lost and found yet. She looked and they did not have it.

I hope you find it.

Good luck. The only thing we left on board was a bikini suit bottom from my 15 year old daughter and we tried all avenues but it never turned up.

They're conscientious about responding to lost & found concerns. Once I misplaced some jewelry & thought I'd left it onboard (turned out it was in a pocket on my purse), so I left a message at DCL lost & found. They did get back to me about it, even though I'd found it by then (the next day).

Last edited:
My daughter's stuffed animal went missing from our stateroom on one trip. Might have been Fantasy or Magic. She was very distraught. We looked everywhere in the room and couldn't find it. Finally we mentioned it to our stateroom host, and a day or so later the stuffie was back with a cute little note about how he'd enjoyed his tour of the laundry facility.

Might be a bit harder to recover after disembarking, but it's definitely not the first time something got caught in the sheets, and they do at least sometimes come back.

Good luck!

I’m on the Magic currently. I will ask st guest services if they have it.
Maybe you could ask housekeeping from their state room?

Maybe ask if they had that room the week before and remembered it?

I hope it turns up. While not on a cruise, but my DD left her stuffed Crush in the room at POR and we thought it was lost forever, only to have it be shipped to the house a few weeks later. I'm praying that you receive the same Disney magic with yours.

Thank you all for the great replies and ideas - I've ordered the same stuffy on amazon just in case, but Disney has been AMAZINGLY prompt and helpful via email.... Just have to have some patience for now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter