*Lost stroller*

I'll see if anyone's looking for a stroller on one of the other threads. Otherwise, rather than let the hotel get rid of (throw out?) the stroller, it might be best to let it get picked up by Give Kids the World and maybe someone could pick up a used Mac or other stroller that can be used by a larger child and donate it to the swap?

Beldrid has contacted me but I suspect that the stroller will not be held at Pop for over 3 weeks. Since I am arriving a day before my kids, I guess the good news is they can bring a stroller from home if necessary. Too bad we can't keep this going but I agree that it would be better to donate the stroller then to have it thrown it out.

Last check in before I leave in about 8 hours!! :banana: I sure hope I can find a way to get some sleep!!

I will hopefully be getting the stroller from ASMusic from the previous swapper and then leaving it at POP for Charline. As far as I know we never filled the gaps so I will leave it under her name for an arrival of 10-17-09. We'll cross our fingers I guess! :wizard:

Thanks,

I know the stoller is missing. But, if it turns up I would still love to use it! We are signed up for 10/26-10/30, thanks!
Lulu2

Last check in before I leave in about 8 hours!! :banana: I sure hope I can find a way to get some sleep!!

I will hopefully be getting the stroller from ASMusic from the previous swapper and then leaving it at POP for Charline. As far as I know we never filled the gaps so I will leave it under her name for an arrival of 10-17-09. We'll cross our fingers I guess! :wizard:

Thanks,

You need to pick it up from MOVIES, not music, I just got home late last night, so not sure if you left yet, hopefully you have it written down as movies from when we were PM'ing each other.
We never found the Mac. So its still a Kolcraft stroller, It is tagged for B. Eldred at Movies, and also has a large sign taped (really well, lol) to it with your name, resort, date and res # on it, so it shouldn't go missing even if the tag they put on it falls off.

If anyone in the swap goes to get the stroller and they say it isn't there, ask if they can check again because you KNOW it was left there and your depending on it for you kid, and if they still don't find it, they will most likely give you one of their Kolcrafts as a replacement (they did this for me, because they some how missplaced the last kolcraft that love2disney left for me at pop. The tag was sitting there, but no stroller, maybe they gave it away to someone else, because they were quick to offer me someone elses stroller that didn't have a tag on it too....... They aren't very organized. Thats probably what happened to the Mac. The tag probably fell off and they ended up just giving it to someone else....

But either way, there is a stroller there. It says 35lbs, my 30lb son used it, but be aware that if a 30+ kid sits in it and leans WAY forward it puts pressure on the wheels and makes them hard to turn, lol, so tell them to sit back and it should be fine.:thumbsup2

If the stroller is still available, I´d be interested in join in.
My younger daughter is only 30 lbs so it will be perfect.

I´ll need it from Oct, 5 to Oct, 23.(but I´ll take any date you have available during this period)

As it seem nobody will use it immediatelly before me, If you don´t have where to keep it, I asked my hotel manager and they say they can hold it for me, if someone drop it there. I´ll only arrive Oct 4 (night).

I´ll stay off site on a resort almost behind AK Parking lot (Silver Lake Resort).

Simone.

PS: I´ll have a rented car so I can pick it up and drop it off on its home base hotel. No problema.

If the stroller is still available, I´d be interested in join in.
My younger daughter is only 30 lbs so it will be perfect.

I´ll need it from Oct, 5 to Oct, 23.(but I´ll take any date you have available during this period)

As it seem nobody will use it immediatelly before me, If you don´t have where to keep it, I asked my hotel manager and they say they can hold it for me, if someone drop it there. I´ll only arrive Oct 4 (night).

I´ll stay off site on a resort almost behind AK Parking lot (Silver Lake Resort).

Simone.

PS: I´ll have a rented car so I can pick it up and drop it off on its home base hotel. No problema.

We are right after you arriving at AKL on 10/26. If you would drop it off at AKV, Kidani that would be best as we won't have a car. Thanks.

We are right after you arriving at AKL on 10/26. If you would drop it off at AKV, Kidani that would be best as we won't have a car. Thanks.

I can do that, but for now I´m waiting Glenna74 give me an ok to join the swap.
So I´m not sure yet if I´ll be accepted.

Also as I can see in first post seems someone has already asked the stroller before you, so I must double check if I join, when / where and to whom I must drop itt off.

As of 4/21/09, the swap is free. I make no promises as to the condition of the stroller ... it will not be maintained.

Participants and their dates:

October

10/18 - 10/23 hrslvr142
10/24 - 10/30 lulu2

Ps: Sorry my bad english.

As my travel date is near, I need an answer if I can join the swap.

Does anybody following this Thread have any sort of phone/email contact with Glenna74 and can please tell her I'm interested in join this swap from Oct 4- Oct 24 (or any available dates between).

I know it's not the original volo, but DD is only 2y.o, so the Kolcraft will fit perfectly.
I'll stay off site, but I'll have a rented car so I can pick up and drop off at any hotel.

Thank you.

Simone.

Okay, so it looks like I really screwed up. I wrote down the wrong All Star for picking up the stroller. I didn't have a chance to check the DIS the morning I left or anytime during my trip so I didn't see the correction. This totally explains why the hotel didn't have the stroller for me. I assumed they had lost it and was coming on here to let everyone know.

So, the good news is that it might not be lost, but the bad news is it's now sitting with my name on it and an arrival date that's already past. I am SO SORRY for my mistake and I really hope it hasn't caused the swap to lose the stroller. :sad1: I see that someone was interested in getting it on Oct. 4th. Hopefully they can go to the correct hotel and give them the info and still be allowed to pick it up. If it'll help I'll send my previous confirmation number to whomever needs it to help them prove they should get the stroller.

I can't apologize enough, and I hope I can do something to help fix the situation.

I see that someone was interested in getting it on Oct. 4th. Hopefully they can go to the correct hotel and give them the info and still be allowed to pick it up. If it'll help I'll send my previous confirmation number to whomever needs it to help them prove they should get the stroller.

I am still interested in join the swap.
I just need Glenna74 (or someone else who is in charge of this swap) confirm if I can join the swap and use the stroller.

I have not hear anything from her so far... I sure would apreciate any kind of feedback as I must make other arrangements if I won't join this swap.

I'll arrive Orlando Oct, 4 and I can check if stroller still there, first thing next morning.

Simone.

Simone, I added you to the swap for 10/4 - 10/18, when hrslvr142 will arrive. Please make arrangements with him/her for the swap (assuming you can find a stroller :confused3). It looks like ASMovies would be a good place to look ...
contact beldred for the confirmation info.

I hope they find you something to use!

Glenna,

I have PM'd Simone with my info. I just hope it is still there. If so I will get with Lulu to make the exchange after we are done. Thanks for keeping this going.

First of all, thank you for let me join this swap. :yay:

I've got both Glenna74 and hrslvr142 PM'S. Already answered both.

I'll look for stroller first thing Oct, 5. Wish me luck. :thumbsup2

It would be great if CrystalS and beldred could PM me with all the info they have about stroller: model, where it was left for last and to whom, really any kind of info would be of much help. (Just PM both about this).

Thanks,

Simone.

I tried to retrieve the stroller on Oct, 5th but it was not there. I give them all info I had (description, name on tag, etc..) they could not find it. they also said they could not give me a new stroller, or even borrow me one.
They said they are no longer holding items left at luggage service for more than one night.

It was a very frustrating morning (to say the least), as I was treated very badly by All Star employee. I don' t know if it was because I was not a guest, because I'm from Latin America or because they are done with this stroller swap thing (I guess they are trying very hard to make it difficult to keep these swaps going on).

Anyway, my DH was so upset by the way things were handled that he refused to went back there and try again.

As I alread had preordered a Volo for my DD5 at BabyDealz($79.00), and It was delivered to our hotel prior to our arrival, we buyed a cheap umbrella stroller at Walmart and are using it for our DD3 since then.

I called All Star 2 days ago and couldn't get any info about stroller whereabouts.

I am very sorry, but only today I could manage to change rooms at my resort and have some internet access.

I'll leave Oct, 24 and I will not ship it back home, so I'll pass it away for free. It's a Delta Disney Princesses pink stroller (35 lbs max capacity). It is vey light weight and easy to fold. It has a canopy. No under seat basket. It is holding well my DD3 (33lbs).

If someone is interested it will be available after Oct 24 and I can leave it at any of Disney's All Star or at Pop Resort.
The Volo stroller will be coming back home with us and it's not available, sorry.

For those who are considering buy a cheap stroller, some prices around here:
Walmart Supercenter: Jeep All terrain umbrella stroller $43.00 Disney Delta Umbrella Stroller $ 25.00 Kolcraft $ 32.00
ToysRus(Florida Mall): Maclaren Volo $99.00 Jeep Umbrella $ 41.30

So, I have not retrieved the stroller and I don't know if it is available for next swaper, as I couldn't have any info from All Star staff.

Simone.

Thanks Simone. I thought this was probably the case (you couldn't get the stroller) so my son has decided to bring one of the strollers they have and then possibly pass it on when we leave. I won't guarantee this but if someone would like it at SSR on the 24th let me know and I will get in touch with you later next week. I am sorry you were treated so poorly for whatever reason. I hope it was due to the stroller swap thing only and not anything personal. Regardless it isn't right. Please have a great vacation and a safe trip home.

I will be at the Boardwalk from Dec. 13-20 and am interested in this swap, if it's available. I've never done this before, so I don't know what to do from here. I'll check back on the thread periodically.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter