Lost Park Tickets

mrswh

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had any luck replacing lost park tickets, or upgrading to an AP without tickets in hand? We used 4 of our 5 days, then left for the beach. We decided to go back tomorrow to use our last day but my helpful DH threw the tickets away!! :eek: I called Disney and was told that I should dig in the trash as there is nothing they would do for me. I guess in my head I figured they had a record of my purchase (I have a confirmation # from DTC) and they obviously know at the gate how many days are left, so it seems they should be able to cancel the old tickets and reissue. No?

The other thing I wanted to do was upgrade to APs, but was told I am SOL without ticket in hand. This makes even less sense - if they know I purchased the 5 day hoppers what do I need the actual ticket for??

Anyway . . . just wondering if anyone has had any luck replacing lost tickets or upgrading without tix in hand - or has any suggestions of who to talk to?

Thanks!!

Here's the thing... Who is to say you didn't sell the tickets or give them to someone else to use? I know of people who have lost a single ticket out of a group of 5, they had copies of the tickets, and were able to isolate the barcode, and Disney did replace the one ticket.

Here's the thing... Who is to say you didn't sell the tickets or give them to someone else to use? I know of people who have lost a single ticket out of a group of 5, they had copies of the tickets, and were able to isolate the barcode, and Disney did replace the one ticket.

I bought them through Disney Travel Co., so figured they could track the ticket that way (through my confirmation #), see that there is one day left, cancel the existing tickets and issue new ones. That would eliminate the possibility of fraud.

I bought them through Disney Travel Co., so figured they could track the ticket that way (through my confirmation #), see that there is one day left, cancel the existing tickets and issue new ones. That would eliminate the possibility of fraud.
What if someone found them yesterday and used them?

My only suggestion would be to go to the WDTC behind Compass books as soon as it opens tomorrow and plead your case.

Well, if someone already used them, then they'd know and would say "too bad," and I would totally understand that.

I would go plead my case at Disney Travel, we are in San Diego at the moment and don't want to drive all the way up there if we are going to get turned away.

Well, if someone already used them, then they'd know and would say "too bad," and I would totally understand that.

I would go plead my case at Disney Travel, we are in San Diego at the moment and don't want to drive all the way up there if we are going to get turned away.

:sad2: As the eight ball would say, "outlook not so good". Since you're in San Diego, I agree that I wouldn't drive all the way up there until you speak to someone. Try to call first thing in the morning, but the PP had a lot of valid points. While it seems like a no-brainer to you, Disneyland has no way of being able to tell that you haven't just sold your tickets and are planning to get another use. As far as upgrading to an AP goes, without the card in hand or knowledge of what your bar code is, they can't really do the transaction. Your confirmation number of the order isn't the same as the code that would have been on your ticket, so without knowing that, they wouldn't be able to tell whether or not your ticket was still valid, and all AP upgrades must occur when your ticket is still valid (before the last day of use).

I think it's still worth a call, since "anything is possible", but I wouldn't drive up there until you had confirmation from someone that they would give you a one-day ticket AND you got the name of that person to verify once you got there.

I'm so sorry :( My husband has "helpfully" thrown away a few valuable items of mine over time :sad1:

We have never lost tickets, but just in case I take photos of our tickets, sign them and put my cell number on each one. That won't help you (sorry!) but maybe others...

Thanks for the responses - my hope was that the bar codes on the tickets would be tied to the purchaser in their system somehow. (This would solve the AP upgrade problem since they would know when the tickets were issued.) As far as selling the tickets, I see what PPs are saying, but my point is that they would cancel the old bar codes (if not already used) so that nobody could get an additional use. But, there is no point in debating, it is what it is! I'm just kind of surprised that they don't have a system for this, as this type of thing must happen all the time. (Funny, I usually do not let my kids even touch the tickets because they lose things on a daily basis, now I guess I need to keep them from DH too!) :sad2:

Here's the thing...

They don't know that you were the 5 people using the tickets. You could have bought 5 PHs and given them as a gift to someone. The tickets are what gets you park entry and are able to be upgraded, not the receipt.

Disney has no idea what has happened to the tickets between you buying them and now, other than the fact that they have been used four times.

Hypothetical situation:
Someone buys 5 PH tickets. They use four days. They then give the 5 PH tickets to friends since they aren't going to use the last day.

Original purchaser then calls and explains that they lost the tickets, but has a receipt and asks Disney to reissue the passes. Disney researches it and reissues the tickets. Original purchaser and friends use the re-issued tickets and upgrade to APs.

Friends of the original purchaser then shows up with the tickets. They try to use them. They are denied entry. They go to Guest Relations and say that they were given the tickets buy friends as a gift and are completely confused as to why they are not able to use them. Disney then has to decide what to do / tell these five people who have no idea why their tickets are not being accepted. Does Disney allow them in? Does Disney deny them entry? And the confusion starts the second Disney reissues the tickets to the original purchaser. Unfortunately, with a few rare exceptions, they just can't do it. It's way too difficult to know exactly what happened to the tickets and if they are going to show up at the gate any minute.

Sorry your tickets got thrown out and I would try to plead your case to someone at Guest Relations, but it really is a case of finding a lucky bucket of pixie dust. I hope you find it.

- Dreams :wizard:

P.S. Does your DH know where he threw them away? Might be your best shot actually.

What you might be able to do (which requires going to DL) is try to have them reprinted. You'd go to the ticket booths and explain the situation. There are ways for the CM to look up the order and reprint them. They might even be able to verify days/times you went in, and make sure that you are the true owners. Anything stemming from the tickets, like unused FPs or the receipt, can help them locate the order. It's worth a shot, IMO. People lose or misplace tickets all the time, but it is much easier to tell someone over the phone that nothing can be done than when they are right in front of you. Just make sure you stay calm and collected, because someone who gets defensive raises a red flag.

HTH and good luck!

This is what our travel agent told us:

"Take VERY good care of your tickets, because Disneyland WILL NOT replace lost tickets under any circumstances. It doesn't matter if you have your receipt, a photocopy of the tickets, or whatever. They just won't do it. "

blahhhh

I lost my ticket yesterday.....pretty sure I left it in a FP machine (which is EXACTLY what happened in 2004!). And yesterday was our first day of 4 in the park....ugh. When I did this in 2004, Guest Relations told me they usually do not replace the tickets, under any circumstances and weren't going to give us a replacement. Guess all my crying must have triggered some sympathy because they RELUCTANTLY gave me a replacement. Last night, when we realized what happened, we went to Guest Relations and they said due to my ticket being in the middle of the 5 passes, they were able to see the tickets were out of sequence and they happily gave me a replacement within 5 minutes, no hassle. I was pleasantly surprised and now the tickets are in a bright pink envelope in my husband's possession! :rotfl:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Things work a lot differently at WDW! Last year I inadvertently brought the wrong two tickets for my daughter and me. I had two tickets with one day each left on them that belonged to us (at WDW you can buy non-expiry tickets, which are sooooo great!). Anyhow, I tried to enter with the tickets that were apparently used up and so we went to Guest Relations. They looked up our tickets based on my name, or credit card, or these expired tickets, and found out that we had two tickets left with one day each on them. So they cancelled the tickets sitting at home, reprinted them, and off we went. I was completely amazed:banana:! Now, we could have just used our new non-expiry tickets (pre-purchased) and come home and used those other single tickets for another trip, but this made it a lot easier to get those single days used up and to start with new tickets the next day:thumbsup2.

We love the way WDW handles tickets. Hopefully someday DLR will figure something out for your situation, or for situations like mine/yours in the future.

Things work a lot differently at WDW! Last year I inadvertently brought the wrong two tickets for my daughter and me. I had two tickets with one day each left on them that belonged to us (at WDW you can buy non-expiry tickets, which are sooooo great!). Anyhow, I tried to enter with the tickets that were apparently used up and so we went to Guest Relations. They looked up our tickets based on my name, or credit card, or these expired tickets, and found out that we had two tickets left with one day each on them. So they cancelled the tickets sitting at home, reprinted them, and off we went. I was completely amazed:banana:! Now, we could have just used our new non-expiry tickets (pre-purchased) and come home and used those other single tickets for another trip, but this made it a lot easier to get those single days used up and to start with new tickets the next day:thumbsup2.

We love the way WDW handles tickets. Hopefully someday DLR will figure something out for your situation, or for situations like mine/yours in the future.

Disneyland offers a lot more authourized retailers than WDW does, so they don't/can't keep track of them as well (plus the whole no name associated with tickets used until maybe recently).

About 6 years ago I was in the middle of a 5 day stay and I had all four of our tickets in one of those cheap lanyards you get free from the travel companies. Well we went on Star Tours and after we got off I realized the little plastic part that holds the tickets was gone! :scared1: I was hysterical! I wasnt sure if they were lost on the last ride or earlier. I had saved for a year for that trip and there was no way we would be able to afford to replace them. I went to the CM at ST for help (crying uncontrably all the time!!) Luckly they found them for me. It had broken off during the ride and had slide underneath the ride floor. But before they found them for me they reassured me that they would be able to look them up and get me replacements. I dont know if it was because I was still in the park (or because I was crying like crazy! :rotfl:) But it made me feel better to know our whole vacation wasnt lost! On a side note I will NEVER EVER use one of those free lanyard things again. I keep our tickets in my ever so stylish fanny pack!
I hope you are able to use your last day of tickets and get to upgrade to the APs! Sending a little magic your way!:wizard:

This is exactly what I figured they would do. But . . . with the phone call yesterday and most of the posts here telling me it's not gonna happen, we decided not to go back and try. Too far to drive to be turned away at the gate, and we decided it wasn't worth buying new single day hoppers since we were only planning on a half day in the parks anyway. Boo. Next time I will be in charge of the tickets . . . :)

So sorry you lost your tickets. :confused3 I can't tell you how many tickets I have picked up over the years on the ground, in FP machines, etc. I turn them into Guest Services but I don't know if they do anything with them. If I was a less honest person I suppose I could try to use them myself, maybe to upgrade?? For me, not worth the embarrassment of not knowing when the ticket was used, etc.

I will tell you that I have never found one ticket with anything written on it. If there was a phone number on it I would have called it.

Again, sorry your DH threw them out.

Actually, I just lost all of our tickets last Wednesday, on day two of a three-day stay. I had them in a little wallet in my pocket on Indiana Jones and they must have flown out during the ride. (Dumb, dumb, dumb.)

Originally, we were told that there was absolutely nothing they could do to replace the tickets. Unlike at WDW, the tickets were not tied to our room or our credit card. They were just randomly generated paper tickets.

And believe me, I was crying good and hard at Guest Services.

However, the next morning, my husband (with no tears) was able to procur four complimentary tickets. He told them we were going to replace the tickets, but that he wanted to speak with someone first. In the end they agreed to just replace the tickets. Yay Disney!

I'm not sure how my husband got them to do it. But I do know that our tickets were purchased with American Express, and AmEx has lost ticket protection. So it might have been because Disney didn't want to have to deal with the paperwork of an AmEx refund after the fact.

The next day, when I stopped by Lost & Found to see if my wallet had turned up, there was a family of seven there who had lost their tickets and they were given seven comp tickets right there at Lost & Found.

Which is why many of us said you need to go to Disney in person. On the phone, you will get a no. But I have seen them give in depending on what they can find in the computer. Guest Relations (phone) doesn't have access to your records. But in person, they can do more. Since the original tix were purchased through WDTC, the office can often help people out.

Darn! I didn't even think about the fact that I bought them with my AmEx! Probably won't do me much good for upgrading to AP, though.

I agree with all the posts about going in person - it was just unfortunate that we didn't realize this until we were in San Diego. :(

Glad to hear some success stories - I just can't imagine Disney saying "too bad, so sad" - it seems so opposite of what they are about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter