• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost my poor little Chihuahua

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for coming back to update us, although it was not the outcome anyone would have hoped for.

I am so sorry for the way things turned out. Please try not to blame yourself forever. May be someday you will find another little furbaby to love.

Someone just called me. Found her little body. Was hit by a car on a road near us.

I feel like I'm starting the grieving process over again.

The lady was really nice who called. Said she will wrap her up in a blanket and place her in a box for me. I asked her to wait until my sister was home later. :sad:

I will never own another pet after the ones I have now are gone. It's too painful and I don't feel I should have any after this.

I don't know if I'm glad to know or not. :(

I am so, so sorry.

Please don't be so hard on yourself, okay?

All of our cats are indoor, but one of our cats keeps trying to escape outside. One night, after I had let the dog in/out, he must have snuck out the door while I wasn't looking. I didn't realize it until the next morning when I was feeding the cats and he didn't come to get his food. He had been outside ALL NIGHT. I rushed outside to try to find him, and he had run over the neighbors yard and was hiding under a car. We live next to a very, very busy street and the outcome could have been very different had he wandered out into the street.

My point is this could have happened to anyone, okay? Please try to be gentle on yourself-you need to mourn your doggie and celebrate her life, without this horrible guilt, okay? :hug:

I've been following this thread as well, and I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I've been continually checking this thread since you first posted, hoping someone would bring her back to you... I'm so heartbroken to see your update and am so, so sorry for the loss of your sweet little puppy. The pain that you feel is the clearest indication that you were a GREAT "momma" to your girl... please don't beat yourself up. You loved her & cared for her & accidents happen to even the best of us. :hug::hug:

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry!! :( Don't be so hard on yourself, this was an accident. She knew you loved her and she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Don't give up on having another furbaby, there is something amazing about having them in our lives, you may find a reason to change your mind, don't let this stop you. (((HUG)))

:sad1:

My heart is broken for you. I'm so sorry. Nona had a whole "other" family pulling for her.

You gave her a good, loving home. As much as you're beating yourself up right now, I hope eventually you'll understand this, and it will bring you peace.

Here's my little Nona with her best friend and sister, Maggie.

:sad:

IMG_0712c_zpsf0790831.jpg
I am so sorry to learn this sad update :sad:. We were all hoping and praying for a positive outcome. Don't beat yourself up over this accident, Nona knows how loved and cared for she was and the happiness you brought each other. :hug:

Beautiful photo of your fur babies and I hope Maggie will bring you comfort at this difficult time. Take care of yourself ~ RIP Nona paw:

I'm so very sorry. Praying that you will find peace, and not blame yourself. Hugs.

How are you doing tonight, HippieChickadee? :grouphug:

As predicted, my family was very saddened to hear of Nona's passing.

Has she arrived home yet?

I can't thank you all enough. You're all so kind and thoughtful. Thank you.

A nice lady got the phone call I sent out from findtoto.com and said she kept her eyes open.

She saw nona's little body on the side of the road.

She placed her in a box with a blanket for me.

I picked her up about an hour ago and brought her to the vet to have her cremated.

Maggie is doing well. She is being extra sweet to me, giving me lots of hugs and kisses and staying close. Even my cat is staying extra close.

It's been a long week. Hard. You all have helped and eased things just by reading the encouragement and kind words. :grouphug:

My poor little Nona. She will be missed greatly. :sad:

I can't thank you all enough. You're all so kind and thoughtful. Thank you.

A nice lady got the phone call I sent out from findtoto.com and said she kept her eyes open.

She saw nona's little body on the side of the road.

She placed her in a box with a blanket for me.

I picked her up about an hour ago and brought her to the vet to have her cremated.

Maggie is doing well. She is being extra sweet to me, giving me lots of hugs and kisses and staying close. Even my cat is staying extra close.

It's been a long week. Hard. You all have helped and eased things just by reading the encouragement and kind words. :grouphug:

My poor little Nona. She will be missed greatly. :sad:

I have to say: that was a very nice lady.:littleangel:

More hugs for you, HippieChickadee. :hug: :hug: I know how hard this is for you. :hug:

Someone just called me. Found her little body. Was hit by a car on a road near us.

I feel like I'm starting the grieving process over again.

The lady was really nice who called. Said she will wrap her up in a blanket and place her in a box for me. I asked her to wait until my sister was home later. :sad:

I will never own another pet after the ones I have now are gone. It's too painful and I don't feel I should have any after this.

I don't know if I'm glad to know or not. :(

I am so sorry. :( My thoughts are with you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know if you have ever experienced this before, but I just wanted to give you a heads up (and hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes here!) that you WILL experience grief and it is real and it hurts. Please don't let anyone tell you that your grief over losing your little doggie is any less real than other types of grief. (Not that you have indicated at all that anyone in your life would do this - I just know when I lost my Cairn terrier I was surprised at the depth of grief I felt until I started doing some research and read stories of how strongly others felt when they lost a furry member of the family.) Give yourself time and patience. Treat yourself like you would if a dear friend was going through this - you wouldn't blame your friend and you shouldn't blame yourself. You are in all our thoughts. Love. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter