• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost my poor little Chihuahua

HippieChickadee

Mouseketeer
Last night, 20 degrees out, I thought both of my dogs went inside. I have 17 steps up to the apartment and saw my bichon turn the corner at the top so I assumed my always cold and in a hurry to get under blankets Chihuahua, Nona, was up there as well. I was wrong. And I didn't know for a little while. When I pulled the treats out she didn't come. I frantically looked everywhere and she wasn't in the house. I went outside and couldn't see her- anywhere. I searched for 3 hours, every nook and cranny I could around the complex I live in. No luck. I hoped that someone had found her and took her in for the night and we would connect in the morning. I posted pictures and signs all over the complex so that person could see them and contact me.

No phone call today.

I called shelters, Vets, sherifs, my complex office. They called neighbors and they posted it to facebook. I even paid findtoto.com to make 250 calls.

Nothing. My poor baby either froze to death trying to find a place to get warm or someone took her and doesn't want to give her back.

I'm depressed. Sad. Guilty. I hate myself. I'll never forgive myself.

I am so sorry my little Nona. You were such a good girl and knew nothing but love for everyone. :(

NonaSun_zpsbaccba60.jpg

I'm so sorry. Don't lose hope. Maybe she wandered outside of the complex and someone picked her up. Try checking and posting to craigslist. I wish I could help you look for her. (((hugs)))

Oh no! I hope she's OK and will come home soon {{hugs}}. As someone who lives in WI, 20-degrees isn't all that cold. My cat used to stay out all night in that kind of weather (and it always worried me). Maybe someone took her in or maybe she found a garage to hide in. I hope to hear a happy ending :hug:.

I'm so sorry. Sending Big prayers and hugs to you and your little Nona.

So sorry this happened, dogs are resourceful though, I hope she comes home today or someone calls to say they have her...

i had a friend that lost her dog for a whole week...
found her a few days ago...
so have hop!!!

Don't give up hope, Nona may come back, or someone may have taken her in out of the cold. My stepdaughter's dog Frankie got out yesterday also. He's got his harness on, but didn't come back yet. It snowed about 6" in WV last nite, so they are going out hiking now to look for him again. They looked for him all day yesterday with no luck, but they have recently moved, so I told her to head for the old place, he may have gone back there

I hope Nona and Frankie both come back safely and soon! Sending prayers and pixie dust your way for a happy ending!

Fingers crossed that your pup is somewhere nice and warm, waiting for her rescuer to find you.

Oh no! I hope she's OK and will come home soon {{hugs}}. As someone who lives in WI, 20-degrees isn't all that cold. My cat used to stay out all night in that kind of weather (and it always worried me). Maybe someone took her in or maybe she found a garage to hide in. I hope to hear a happy ending :hug:.

Have you met a chihuahua? Those little buggers are cold when it's 65 degrees.

OP, hope you find her really soon! pixiedust:

Still hoping that you find Nona, and an update to the post about my stepdaughters dog Frankie. They went looking in the woods by their house this morning..and FOUND HIM!..he was cold, tired, and hungry (he had been tied out to go to the bathroom yesterday morning,and his cord got tangled, when she went to untangle it, he took off), but he's back home safe and sound...hoping the same end result for little Nona!

How heartbreaking, I am so sorry :(. Sending hugs and prayers your beloved Nona is safe and sound somewhere :guilty:. Try not to be too hard on yourself, your Nona knows how much you loved her :hug:. There's always room for a miracle for her to come home. :worship:

Adding a prayer that someone took her in and you get her back soon! :angel: They do hate the cold, so I'm thinking someone picked her up, she would not run away in that weather.

PS: she is beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter