Lost my Mother yesterday

Thank you so much everyone. The funerals were this morning. I am thankful I was able to speak on my Mother's behalf. I hope I made her proud. My step-father's niece did a nice eulogy for him. It was a very difficult service.

I feel so very tired, like a balloon was popped. So much to do government wise, etc etc. I will take 24 hours to just rest however. I can not wait for my daughter to get home, in her text today she asked how Poppa got through the funeral. I hate lying, so I wrote, as expected. So not to go into too much detail, and changed the subject to her trip.

Last edited:
I am so sorry mamasita {{hugs}}. My mom died a year ago and it seems like yesterday. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

I am heartbroken for you mommasita. I am so very sorry. Love sent to your entire family.

Lisa

I just now saw this and wanted to also offer my condolences. So much loss all at once.

I am just a couple of years younger than your mother. Three years ago I felt sick in the morning. By evening I asked my DH to take me to the hospital. I could not even walk two steps so an ambulance was called. The last thing I remember for the next week was my clothes being cut off in the ER. I had acute sepsis - that's how quickly it hits. I went from healthy in the morning to almost dead by nightfall. I think my blood pressure was something like 40/30 when I hit the ER.

I was not expected to live, but I had no brain damage from lack of oxygen so there was no issue of pulling the plug. But all of my organs were shutting down - so I was told afterwards. I didn't even know of how serious it had been until a doctor told me after I was in a regular room.

Again I am so sorry. But please know that she did not suffer. I was never in any pain.

I am sorry to respond so late, I am just seeing this now. What a horrible time you've had. Sending prayers. Your daughter should be home soon? I hope you are taking some time off and taking care of yourself, you're carrying a very heavy burden, friend. :flower3:

My father's 30th anniversary is coming up so I've been thinking of him and how I want to commemorate it. His loss was sudden, too, which is both a blessing and a curse, and I never got to say goodbye, either. We'd talked a lot of things out before, though, so that was comforting. He may have sensed he wasn't well. He'd asked me to promise him I'd always take care of my mother, and I have - she's 90 now and been with me for a long time. It is very hard to lose a parent. (A mother may be especially difficult for many of us girls. ;) And two at once is really tough.)

Wishing you well. And all the other posters here who've also lost loved ones. :grouphug:

Thank you both.
arminnie, I am so glad you recovered, and thank you for the words, I am glad she didn't suffer, and had no pain, she had pain for far too many years.

Pea-n-Me, my daughter did make it back safely, thank you, she took it quite badly, and had her first therapy session this week, and has one once a week now, it was just too much for her.
As I work as an Emergency response operator, I was initially going to go right back, and I just couldn't do it, my Doctor gave me off until April 1st, my boss was so totally understanding, with out without the note. This past week we had already booked (prior to everything) a week in the Dominican Rep , so we continued with that, I was uncertain on what to do, it was hot, sunny, nice, we came back last night. Now the real work begins, the notary has called, and I am the executor and heir (only) to both wills, and so there is A LOT of work to do. Most of it will not be easy either. Memories, so many.

Once again, thank you everyone. I send thoughts, hugs, and so much more to everyone who has shared their stories as well, I know it is a hard road. Mom's Bday is April 5th, just next week, so many firsts coming up.

I am so sorry to read about this. In the last 2 years we have lost my father, dh's father and just in Feb dh's mother. APril 1st was my father's birthday but also the 2nd anniversary of his death. It is a lot of to deal with. You need to take it one step at a time and make sure that you take care of yourself. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry to read this mommasita.

I have written about my losses here. We all know how hard this is. My mom passed last July - still can't get over it. She was so good and such a great patient - a woman who never complained. Miss her so much (and my dad but most of all my sister). Thinking of you xoxo

I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope by now you are able to see things a little more clearly and are feeling better. Will be praying for you and sending many hugs from California~~

Thank you everyone.. Got through Mother's Day, not sure how, it was a blur. I work Sunday's, but booked it off, and went out for Brunch. I wanted to go visit my Mother, but my daughter was working and asked me to wait. I am not the biggest believer in having to be at the grave to visit. I believe I visit her everyday, multiple times in my heart and in my thoughts.. we speak back and forth. Not a day goes by that I still don't pick up the phone and put it back and forget she isn't there to call. We spoke several times a day.

I am working on myself, trying to now eat better, and gain some of the weight back that I lost. Trying to look alive and human. I thank you all.. XO

So suddenly.

I was on my way to eat lunch with her when I got the call from her husband she was rushed by 911, unresponsive.. She was vomiting blood, after they worked 1hr to open get air airwaves going.

She had lacked oxygen for over 15 minutes, as if this wasnt enough, she was in septic shock, it was so bad, she was in a sever coma. After 2 CT scans showed severe brain damage, all of her organs shut down. Cardiac arrest, and more.

I had to make the decision to remove Life Support, knowing if the small chance (they were not optimistic) of her making it, she would be in a vegetative state forever.. She was 71, and I am in state of shock. My daughter is leaving today on her 2 week Graduation Europe trip, and my heart totally aches for her. We will do what we have to do, and hold back on a memorial service for when she returns for some closure.

I was told that I may possible have a few minutes or longer once LS was removed to hold her, but unfortunately it didn't turn out to be, I had nothing, she passed immediately. I realize she was already gone from the moment she lost oxygen at home, but I just wanted that.. This is pretty much a ramble, but this is how I am now. Just wanted to type something. I am glad she didn't suffer. She was spared that.

Thanks for listening.. I must make myself presentable for the airport, and pray my Daughter is safe and has fun on her trip.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I went through something similar.
Your airport mention struck a chord with me. My father passed away from a sudden heart attack, he was in SC, I was in NYC. Horrible to have to brave the airport the next day. Oddly enough, navigating THAT, was the toughest part of the ordeal.
Anyway, my thoughts are with your. xo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter