• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost My Mom & Best Friend 4 years ago today.

Tuffcookie

Enjoys an early hour of peace. Is a smart cookie.
If you still have your mom, be sure to let her know how much you love her! :goodvibes

TC:cool1:

I´m so sorry! I lost my mom 8 years ago and I still miss her every day.

thank you for that sound advice. My mom is 84 yrs old and she recently moved in with me because of ill health. SOmetimes it is so hard but you make me realize just how much she is worth it all

thank you
and sorry for your loss

I lost my mom too 6 years ago in September. It is still hard to this day. I just had a serious car accident on Thursday and I just wish I had my mom here to comfort me. Not that the rest of my family hasn't been supprortive, but there is nothing like the love of your mom.

Anniversaries can be tough, TC. :hug:

Lost my Mom 9/5/02.... I never thought I'd survive it but somehow I'm still here. I miss her so much, especially this time of year. She LOOOOVED Christmas... :sad1:

This is our first Christmas without Mom. Every day when I get home from work, I still can't believe she's not there.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} TC

:grouphug: I lost my mom almost 23 years ago. I'll never stop missing her, but the pain has gotten less sharp over the years.

Robin, my mom loved Christmas, too. I have all her ornaments and other decorations and I really feel close to her at Christmas time.

:hug:

I miss my mom too. Especially this time of year. This is our 2nd set of holidays without her. I've been working on a book for family members this year, mainly a collection of mom's recipes, some pictures, and I asked everyone a few months ago to tell me their favorite memories of mom (granny) and those will be included here and there as well. Have also added other family favorite recipes. I am doing the book in a 3 ring binder so that each family can then add their own recipes as well. Some of mom's recipes I ran off copies from her original hand writing. Included funny things she would do or say, etc. This has helped some with not sitting and dwelling on the fact that she isn't here.

Thinking of you dear. May you find some comfort and peace.

Cristy

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))-especially during the holiday season when all these emotions seem to be exaggerated x 10.

Hugs, Tuffcookie! :hug:

I lost my precious Mom in February 2009. I miss her more every day.

If you still have your mom, be sure to let her know how much you love her! :goodvibes

AMEN!

:hug:to you Tuffcookie! :hug:
My mom passed away 3 weeks ago and every minute of this holiday season is so hard especially with her birthday coming up in 12 days.

I know they say time heals, but I no matter how much time passes, we will always love, miss and honor our moms.

I lost my mom in June. I was able to be with her at the end. I know she is now without pain, and for that I am truly thankful. I still tell her I love her everyday.

Momoftwins wrote: I still tell her I love her everyday.

I tell God to give her a hug for me every day!

In some small way, it helps to come here and be in the company of others who are in the same situation. There is comfort in knowing you are not the only one feeling this way. :grouphug: to everyone. I am so sorry we all have to be in this situation :sad1: I also tell my Mum each and every day how much I love and miss her.

Hi and hugs! Yes I still hang around here, but mostly lurk. I agree whole heartedly. My mother will be gone 13 years this March, but her birthday was Dec. 22nd. She would have been 85. She loved birthdays and we always got Captain D's fish for her and a T bone for my dad that we grilled in the cold. She loved fish and he still hates it! When the now grown up children were little they would decorate her cake and you couldn't see the cake for the decorations on it. We had tons of frosting with a little cake. So if you still have your mom, love her, hug her, and then tell her how much you do love her over and over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter