Lost my job today Update post # 60

i was a preschool teacher
:hug:
IN Georgia, they need substitute teachers really bad- for all grades. Our subs get paid around $80/day. No benefits but if there is enough work you have enough $ to buy groceries and maybe pay for DD's team? There are long range sub jobs that pay better ( think maternity leave )and give some benefits. Also, maybe the school could make a payment plan for you or they may allow you to work off some of the tuition- maybe sub for them or working in the office? Here, 4-K preschool teachers are in the process or already are required to have a teaching certificate- if you have one already, you may find a job quickly if they are looking for certified teachers where you live. Daycare centers are always looking for help. School bus drivers are needed also. You might be surprised how much money they earn, especially if they take on field trips too during the school day! My friend drives a bus and subs- the school that she likes to sub for knows that she will be dropping off kids and they flag her down, understand that she will be a little late and leave about 15 mins early- she makes pretty good money.

I am so sorry you are going through this. It sounds like you have received some very good advice, and I am sending hugs your way. :grouphug: It looks like I will be facing unemployment soon myself (housing industry) and the job marked around here is not pretty at all. ( Loss of health benefits is really scarry too. ) :eek:

Please keep us posted and we will all rejoice with you when it all works out.

My husband lost his job last year and it was real hard - got his job back 4 months later but it was so so stressful!

1st thing i would suggest would be to list all the extra's you have - cable? can you keep it just basic? don't put on the a/c as much - all little things to save $$$$ for now! you need to just cut out all the extras for now! When you go food shopping i'm sure there is lots of extra goodies you can buy only when on sale etc!

Can you substitute teach in a public school? talk to people - lots of people have connections that could possible help you out!

this board was a great great help to me last year!

best to you.

lisa

oh and definitly ask for a scholorship for the private school - you'd be surprised at the help you can get when you ask or explain your situtation!

I was talking to a friend of mine and she said the school I used to teach at is looking for another teacher. I left on very good terms, so I will go talk to the principal first thing Monday morning!!!

Very best of luck in your job hunt. I'm hoping that when all is said and done, your job loss turns out to be the best possible thing that could have happened to you!

I was talking to a friend of mine and she said the school I used to teach at is looking for another teacher. I left on very good terms, so I will go talk to the principal first thing Monday morning!!!

That's great news! :yay: Goes to show, it's who you know. Networking is what it's all about.

I am so sorry. My husband lost his job in April and was unemployed for 6 weeks. It was very scary. We have six kids and I only work part time during the school year. Anyway, he found another job but it was a tough time. You will find another job, especially as a preschool teacher. Good luck.

Good for YOU!!! Have a great interview! :thumbsup2

What is the saying - When one door closes another opens? Good luck with your interview! I bet you'll get the job!

This a very good time year to find a pre-school job. I may center closing where I was teaching at close 6/01/07 and I just found another job teaching pre-school and start in August.

Check out college websites, newspaper and other job boards site. I was able to find my job on a college website that was looking at for early education majors and I got hire instants. Grant I did have a degree in computers but the director say it did not matter what degree I had as long I had one.

When another door closes another opens. Trust in God.

Hi, I've been following your story. When it said update on page 4 I immediately went to it...So I will be sending you good thoughts tomorrow:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes - please keep us up to date...

Good Luck !!!

Rhonda

I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss. My husband lost his job of 16yrs the end of June and is still umemployed. I thought it was going to be unmanagable since he has been the only one working for the last 7yrs, but it's really not as bad as I thought. Keep your faith and stay prayful, sometimes things happen for the best.

Keep us posted after your meeting on Monday. That's a great opportunity.
Isn't it odd how sometimes things sometimes just fall into place and work out for the best? I'm hopeful that is what is going to happen for you. :goodvibes

Went to walmart this morning, and I ran into the principal. The first words out of her mouth was where are you working now, we want you back :eek: I told her I was planning on coming to talk to her on Monday about a job and she said come in and we will iron out the details :woohoo: Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!! I really appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter