Lost luggage

babygirlamg

DIS Veteran
Just returned from an awesome trip but got back and a bag did not arrive :( it was the bag with all the souviners .. They said the should get my bag to me within 24 hours ... Anyone have experience with lost luggage.. Flew southwest

I've had issues 3 times flying into Harrisburg International Airport with varying airlines when my luggage didn't make it. It has only happened to me when there was a connecting flight. All 3 times my luggage was in front of my door by the end of the night. Hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've had issues 3 times flying into Harrisburg International Airport with varying airlines when my luggage didn't make it. It has only happened to me when there was a connecting flight. All 3 times my luggage was in front of my door by the end of the night. Hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My flight was direct.. Orlando to Hartford

I've had that happen twice. Once on American and then on Southwest. Both times the stray bag showed up by the next morning at my house.
My flight was direct.. Orlando to Hartford
Even a direct flight may have an issue when the plane stops enroute. On non-stops it's less likely, but can happen. On our direct American flight our bag got off at Dallas/Ft. Worth while we stayed on the plane. When that happened to us on the Southwest non-stop, it was due to a last minute gate change at Orlando.

It has happened to me a couple times in many years of flying. I wouldn't worry too much, they usually locate it and get it back to you within a day.

Your luggage is probably not lost, it has just been misdirected. It is almost certain that it will be located within a few days and returned to you.

Yes, I have had luggage go missing a number of times. Usually got it within a day or two, once my husband had a bag travel for a month all over Europe before it was found.

Never pack anything valuable in checked bags.

Please note a direct flight and a non-stop flight are not the same thing. A direct flight has stops.

4 times in 8 flights.

3 times it only took a day or so, once it took 2 weeks.

DW had it happen once on a direct flight from Las Vegas. We flew SWA. My bag made it home, hers did not. It flew to Dallas, back to Las Vegas, back to Dallas, back again to Las Vegas before finally making it home to her. Took about 3 days to get it back, but she finally did get it back.

happened to a bother in law when he put car keys in a checked bag. it was a direct flight. they had 4 bags, 3 made it to home airport and on did not. you are right it was the one with the keys that did not make it. he had to call for family to come get family at air port 2 hours away at about 10pm. it got to their house in the afternoon the next day

My BFF Dad works as a lost luggage delivery person. He is retired and does this on the side. They call him in the morning as ask if he wants to work and if so he goes to the airport gets the luggage and the addresses he needs to go to and off he. Goes. He said the people he meets are so nice to him because they are thankful to get their bag back.

My husbands bag never made it to Vegas with us on a non stop flight on SW. They don't have a tracking system for luggage, found that out the hard way! We won't fly SW ever again because of this or any other airline that does not provide that service. His bag never showed up and we were compensated fairly for his missing items but still irritating.

My husbands bag never made it to Vegas with us on a non stop flight on SW. They don't have a tracking system for luggage, found that out the hard way! We won't fly SW ever again because of this or any other airline that does not provide that service. His bag never showed up and we were compensated fairly for his missing items but still irritating.

:confused3

Of course Southwest has a tracking system for luggage, all airlines do.

Actually, SW DOES have a tracking system for bags. I have only had my bags misplaced a few times in the 40+ years I have been flying. ALWAYS got bags back -- usually within 24 hours.

It was on my porch this morning :)

Good outcome.

My experience with lost luggage indicates that you either get it back within 24 hours, or things get weird. All airlines generally bust their tails to get that stuff tracked down because nothing other than stranding you away from home generates more negative customer feedback than a lost piece of luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter