Lost in Translation - great movie!

adamak

DIS Veteran
I really enjoy this moive. It's kinda funny movie, but I wasnt' laughing. There wasn't any apparent joke, but it's very subtle. It's the kinda movie that makes me think, and smile, sometimes 3 days later. Makes me miss Japan. I had lived in Japan before, this movie had touched a very soft spot, with just the right pressure. Amazing.

Go see it if you can. I really hope it will be nominated for something at the Oscar.

Can you tell my why it's rated "R"? I love Bill Murray's acting and hope to see it soon. Just want to know if I can take my teen with me.

PM me if necessary.

I'm curious why it's rated "R" also.

My son is in 10th grade and is taking the Japanese Language course.

He will recieve extra credit if he sees this movie.
We are just waiting for it to come to our area.

I don't exactly know why it's rated R. There is no nudity or foul language that I remember. But IMHO it's a pretty dark movie. Guess the message is pretty adult, both characters are lonely, married and they became friends. I think 16+ should be OK (But then, I see more raudy stuff on MTV these days).

And yes, if your son is taking Japanese, definitely go see it. I took Jse in college and this movie captures the mood, the culture and the scenery just right. Coppola must have stayed in Japan for a while when she wrote it.

I really like Bill Murray in this movie. I almost didn't remember it's him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter