Lost in the list of officiants...

elielioh

Earning My Ears
So a search of the term 'officiant' on here brings me to entries years old and is just no fun to make heads or tails of. I understand ceremonies don't change that much so people that loved Rev Jack Day in 2000 would recommend him today and so on but it is so overwhelming. I'm trying to get pricing too and the most current post I found about that was from 2008 where the two most popular Reverends priced around $250. We'd like to stick closer to (or less than, though we aren't counting on it) the $200 mark. We're having an Escape wedding during peak season. Both of us were raised with religion but neither of us is actually particularly religious and don't want an overly 'in your face' ceremony. So...can anyone make current recommendations? (And prices?)

We have booked Rev. Kevin Knox after listening to Carrie's (lurkyloo) podcast, he was awesome on there! I think we're paying $250 for an escape ceremony only (ie no rehearsal)

We are having our event in DisneyWorld and are using Rev. Tim Herring. His information is very thorough. He even came to meet us when we had our planning appointment.

We are using Rev. Jack Day for our wedding in November. He has been great so far, with communications via email. He charges $300.

We have booked with Rev Kevin Knox as well. The wedding is next week, so I can update you. Everything that I had read during my research was fabulous, and I have to say every interaction so far with him and his lovely wife Theresa have surpassed by expectations! They have been fabulous to work with, and able to answer all my questions and offer tons of help/advice.

We've also booked Rev. Knox after seeing a few videos. He charges $250 for a peak time ceremony without a rehearsal. I believe the rehearsal fee is $50. We are having a vow renewal during off-peak hours and were given a $50 discount. So our fee is $200 (no rehearsal/off-peak hour). Oh, I have no idea what off-peak and peak hours are. I've never heard of that, but I never look a gift horse in the mouth. Plus we absolutely love his ceremonies and the "hand blessing" segment he does is just lovely. And he and his wife Theresa are very prompt with their email communications. That is VERY HIGH on my list of qualities I look for in vendors. If you can't be bothered to speak to me whether by phone or via email, I can't be bothered to give you our hard earned money.

My cousin was a Disney bride a few years ago and used Rev. Day. She loved him as well.

Good luck!;)

Rev. Kevin Knox was awesome -- we used him in 2011, and he was $300 with rehearsal, and even met with us at his house to ensure we were comfortable with him. He has a very calming voice and demeanor -- something i really needed on the day of.

Can anyone tell me the name of the African-American Officiant? Love his style and saw him in an old video but can't remember his name. Thanks!

Hi Ladies, this is my first post! My wedding is Sept. 21. We are having our high school campus minister perform the ceremony. He is the reason we met, and a huge Disney fan so it would have been perfect. The local diocese here in Jersey won't let him become ordained so our vows will have to be done by someone on the list or a local Catholic Priest if I can find one. Anyone have any ideas? If we don't find a Catholic Priest, we have to get married again when we come home so the Church will recognize it. Please help if you have any advice! Thanks!!

I may be wrong since I'm not catholic, but don't you need to get married actually in a church for the Catholic Church to recognize the marriage?

I may be wrong since I'm not catholic, but don't you need to get married actually in a church for the Catholic Church to recognize the marriage?

You are correct. Well- ish. I've noticed on the web some catholic priests do do weddings outside of the church, but those are only Catholic style ceremonies, not official catholic weddings. You can't have a catholic wedding anywhere but a Catholic Church, which includes doing pre-Cana. So even if you find a priest you'll still end up having to do the re-do.

Can't do a Catholic Ceremony at WDW as it is not consecrated grounds. I believe that you can do a Catholic wedding at certain places as long as they have been consecrated. I knew people that were married by a catholic priest at a Catholic school which had a convent attached. It was an outside ceremony- didn't hear anything about having to also get married at a Church, but then- I am not active in my church so I certainly am not up on all regulations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter