Lost Camera on Disney Dream

kmarie75

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
My family and I were on the Disney Dream cruise from June 26 - July 1. On the last day, somehow, our camera wasn't with us when we arrived at the airport. Most likely, it was left behind on the ship but could have been lost along the way.

It's a black Sony Cybershot in a black case with an extra memory card in the zipper of the case.

We've contacted the Disney Cruise Lost and Found, but haven't received any good news, yet.

If you have any information, please post here.

Thank you so much.
K

Hi K,

I had lost mine too, last March. It took 2 weeks, but they did find it. Just keep on checking with the lost and found - you may just get lucky too!

Cathy

For future trips, use a label maker and put your name on your camera. Another tip is, before you go on holidays, take a photo of your name and phone number (or e-mail address) with each memory card so it's the first image they see in preview mode.

Best of luck finding the camera. DCL lost and found is brilliant at finding things... Yes, we have experience... albeit only whilst onboard.

For future trips, use a label maker and put your name on your camera. Another tip is, before you go on holidays, take a photo of your name and phone number (or e-mail address) with each memory card so it's the first image they see in preview mode.

Best of luck finding the camera. DCL lost and found is brilliant at finding things... Yes, we have experience... albeit only whilst onboard.

Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing.

My daughter lost her camera on the Dream and did not even know it. Turns out if fell behind the couch in our room, our room host found it and they called us to see if it was ours. They were suspicious that we did not report it lost - we had just bought it on the Magic the month before so we still had the paperwork and serial number. We are local so we picked it up at the lost in found in Orlando!

It was about 6 weeks before they called us - I would just keep calling.

Disney Cruise Line Lost & Found is amazing. I left my Ipod & Nike+ running gear in a drawer in our bedside table. I didn't realize I had left them until I was already at Orlando International Airport. I called DCL's Lost & Found, they were able to retrieve my Ipod & Nike+ running gear from my stateroom and get it to me AT the airport PRIOR to my plane leaving. Huge A+++ on my comment card went to DCL Lost & Found department.

Hopefully they will find your camera too.

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. I lost my video camera with my camera card in it as well a few weeks ago at Disneyland. This was a once in a lifetime trip. I also did a lost and found report but I'm thinking it was left in a taxi. I'm still not over it. The first week I went through all the stages of grief.:sad1: I'm praying for you that it finds its way home.

On my last cruise, I also lost mine in one of the small stores on the Wonder...

I was heartbroken as all my pictures where on that camera.

I did let them know and they looked for it - but to no avail.

I was so excited to get a ship to shore phone call when the wonder was on the next week cruise to be told my camera was found and would be mailed to me as soon as they got back to florida.

When I got my camera back - I had the best of surprises- the CM that found my camera took a picture that I could never had ever taken and has become one of my all time favorites ever!

So.. please do not give up hope....

I was so excited to get a ship to shore phone call when the wonder was on the next week cruise to be told my camera was found and would be mailed to me as soon as they got back to florida.

When I got my camera back - I had the best of surprises- the CM that found my camera took a picture that I could never had ever taken and has become one of my all time favorites ever!

That's a WONDERful story!!! What's the picture of?

I once lost a Goofy sailor Hat on the Wonder, I left it under our table at the last breakfast. As soon as we realized it, we let them know. It never turned up, but they gave us a call apologizing for it after about six weeks. We assume that a little kid picked it up and took it with them. :(

Disney Lost and Found is very good at what they do. If it is on the ship, hey will find it! Good Luck!! pirate:

Don't lose hope! DCL lost and found is amazing! It takes time but they will do their best reunite you with your lost item. Speaking from experience here, our youngest daughter left her blankie and it was returned to us about five weeks later - along with a little bear we didn't even know we'd left behind!

What was the picture of?

So what is the picture??? We're all dying to know! Could you post it here??? :goodvibes

Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter