• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost Camera and all cruise pictures!

AllMixedUp

Mouseketeer
My son and I were on the June 22-29 Alaskan cruise. We took hundreds of pictures, but after debarking I realized that I had left the camera in the Promenade Lounge where we had waited for our luggage tag color to be called. We returned to the port but they has started embarking passengers for the next cruise and could not find it. I did call Disney Cruise lost and found but nothing so far. This was my son's graduation trip and I am devastated that I was so stupid to lose the camera.

I was wondering if anyone that was on that cruise would be willing to share any of their generic pictures from the ports, Tracy Arm and/or Vancouver. In Vancouver we went to Capilano Bridge, Grouse Mountain, and Stanley Park. At Skagway we took a Chilkoot tour of a bus up to Caribou Crossing and the train back down to the port. In Juneau we went to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Center and hiked to Nugget Falls after our helicopter tour was canceled because of the weather. We also went up the Mt Roberts Tram. At Ketchican we did an adventure kart tour.

I am still hoping that Disney finds the camera, but I am having a graduation party for him this Sunday and was hoping to have some pictures to share with family and friends.

I would like to thank anyone in advance for their help.

Pam

Pixie dust! pixiedust:
Hope you find the camera!
All the best to your son's graduation party!!

No help on your camera, but this just makes me want to cry. I would be totally devastated! Hope someone finds it or at least turns in your memory card. I always joke that I want to put a sticker on my camera that if anyone steals it to please leave me my memory card. Good luck!

This used to be a big fear of mine.....but as things have elvolved it has become less of a concern. On out last vacation my wife had the camera....and my son, daughter and I all had our iPhone. So we probably ended up with a total of about 1,000 pictures.....many of the same thing as we each too pictures. I would still hate to lose our camera....but at least now we have back up photos.

Doesn't help with people stealing the camera but I always take a picture on each memory card with my name, phone # and e-mail address. It's the first photo on each memory card.

I hope your camera is found.

I know this is a sickening feeling. I thought we had lost our SD card from the week in LA/DL and the first week of our PC repo. I got pictures from others on the cruise with us. Three weeks later I was putting the suitcases in the attic and checked the outside pockets. I found a bunch of confetti from the shows and the SD card. We did have our camera stolen when we got off the train in Kissimmee. I remembered it was on the seat the second I stepped onto the platform and rushed back, but it was already gone. I hope that the person who found your camera turns it back in. Have you posted on the meet thread for your cruise?

Doesn't help with people stealing the camera but I always take a picture on each memory card with my name, phone # and e-mail address. It's the first photo on each memory card.

I hope your camera is found.

Great idea!

We were on that cruise and have more pictures than any sane person needs. Daughter took over 2000, not sure how many my husband, father or brother took, but I know a ton. I still don't have them all on my computer, but we did the Chilkoot excursion in Skagway - bussed up/trained back with lunch and dog sled. We went to all three places you went to in Vancouver. We went to Mendenhall Glacier, but didn't walk to the falls. Let me know if you still would like some pictures.

I understand your pain. We were in So. Ca several years ago & were doing the So Ca pkg. Were were at Universal Hollywood & everybody went to the restroom. My DD heard my DGS leaving the restroom & thinking he was running out unattended, left my camera in the stall & ran out. I was with him but she did not remember she left the camera. When we got to Jaws she remembered & ran back to no avail. Someone had helped themselves & did not turn it in to GS. We lost 2 full days of pictures & my 7 day vacation was ruined. I hope at least they return the SD cardpixiedust:

sorry for your loss

been there and lost that!

Now, I have enough SD cards that I use a new one each day .... so if I loose the camera (again), all I loose is today's pictures. And I try to remember to take a bunch of pictures with my phone as a back up. Or at least change out every couple of days .... limit your loss.

SD cards are cheap ... we're just back from a month in Europe so yes I have a STACK of SD cards

this was an advantage of loosing a film camera. You typically only lost a maximum of 24 or 36 shots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter